Super Showdown Society (closed)

An option that I was thinking could work was to have a "Overall Ranking" and a "Yearly Ranking" kinda thing. So I don't get rid of the total ranking so we can see over time who has what, but the yearly rankings will still be the current thing, possibly.

Still deciding, got a few days to confirm the decision though.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd (obviously) like a reset each year because that MIGHT motivate me to play.

That tournament can stay in 2015 where it started, I didn't play according to my record anyway... (i can at least dream of being a decent battler)

Off topic: The reason why I always lose so hard in tournaments is that I don't battle ever. The tours are the only battles I make, therefore I always come with a theorycraft-only team and make the worst misplays there are, which further demotivates me. I know every typing, every attack and almost every single stat of every pokemon by heart, and it doesn't do sheet for me. :'3

I think that's the majority in favor of the yearly reset, so most likely will do so.

AND YAY A BATTLE THANK YOU DOGE AND STALFOS

I feel bad saying I'm surprised Stalfos is doing so well, but as I've never known really he did Showdown till recently...nice.

Next year coming seems to have a lot of contenders now.

Rai shoulda scouted the competition and known Stalfos likes to burn Azus :o

Too much switching, Rai you sometimes need to attack what's in front of you, overpredicting is dangerous

Kinda should've went for Leaf Storm against Zard at the end, it would've KOed Zard, and that boost would've been good to have early, if the parahax didn't happen..

In any case was a close match, good game for sure.

And now Stalfos advances, Stalfos vs Hydreigon now, come on guys let's do this!

Well that was freaking intense. Manaphy is strooooong.

And now, Stalfos goes to third place, and Hyde moves on for a rematch in the finals!

Reptilious vs Hyde! Remember Hyde if you beat Rep you have to do one more match with them to decide.

You two can decide among yourself if it will be an immediate rematch or not.

Aaand ladieeees and gentlemeeeen. The tournament has finished!

That Taunt Terrakion tho!

Dunno why you didn't sac Ttar and let Diancie take a hit, Hyde

But wow that was a crazy game, Rep you scaaary.

http://challonge.com/2j30trup

Third place goes to newcomer Stalfos!

Second place goes to the winner of several tournaments Hydreigon!

And first place goes to yet another newcomer, iiiiiit's Reptilious!

Congrats everyone, and thanks for making this last tournament of the year a good one!

Will give out points soon.

And now.....

The rankings for 2015!

1 - CowCow: 21/15
2 - Button: 16/16

3 - Hydreigon: 16/4

4 - Yui: 13/14

5 - Catman25: 9/6

7 - Spinda: 6/8

8 - Rai: 6/6

9 - phil: 6/4

10 - Reptilious: 5/0

11 - Azure Wolf: 4/7

12 - Stalfos: 4/2

13 - Yemachu: 2/2

14 - Miressa: 1/2

14 - Aman Indra: 1/2

14 - Toot: 1/2

15 - Tinkerer: 1/1

16 - Giga: 0/3

17 - Cosmo: 0/2

17 - GarlandChaos: 0/2

17 - Spaz: 0/2

17 - Darkness: 0/2

18-Tyretian 0/1

18 - Durendal: 0/1

18 - JamesMuddy: 0/1

Seems Hyde took Yui's place but Yui was able to hold onto the top four spot. And Reptilious' sweep put him in top ten.

This means that those who are eligible for me to purchase the S.S. Showdown membergroup for a month are:

Button/Yuhi (want me to change your name on this?)

Hyde

Yui

Catman

Everyone else on this list can also join if they want, just have to buy it themselves.

Will get details of next tournament out on the first :3 It'll be a good chance for people to rise in ranks quick, I decided it'll be 3 battles a week, for 4 weeks, so 12 battles in total. (If people think it should be more let me know)

Happy New Year, have a tournament!
[spoiler=SSS Battle Factory Bonanza]
[spoiler=Rules]1.) All battles will be held in the Battle Factory meta.
2.) No complaints about bad matchups. Battle Factory is a format that can seem unfair but then you find a way to turn around, and sometimes it’s totally bad, but it’s luck. Which is part of it.
3.) Each week you must battle three times. Try to battle different people each week, but if you must, you can battle the same more than once in a row. But only if you must.
4.) Tournament will last four weeks from the starting point, for a total of 12 battles.

[spoiler=Points]To enter you need to send me 250 points, and then mention in the thread that you want to join. Simple as that. I'm adding a whopping 2000 points myself.
[spoiler=Pot]3750

[spoiler=Prizes]1st Place, 60%
2nd Place, 30%
3rd Place, 10%

[spoiler=Participants]1.) Lord CowCow
2.) Azure Wolf
3.) Harbinger
4.) Reptilious
5.) Mr. Hyde
6.) shadowliepard
7.) Yuhi Sachiko
8.) Grand Master Penguin Spaz
9.)

10.)
More?

Alright folks, here it is, the first tournament of the new year! I’m wanting at least 10 people, that way we can each go against three different people each week for three of the four weeks.
Try and only join if you believe you can get three battles in each week, it shouldn’t be too hard and I will work things out for those who really can’t, but please please do your best. And have fun. This is a good chance to start the year off right so let’s not waste it!

Any questions or concerns, let me know. ^^

Ahem with that said and done...I have a bit more to say.

It's been a year, a whole year, of battles and friends and battles WITH friends. And it's been pretty great. Got to make friends with people I've never met before and grow closer with those I was already friends with. (Hey I learned that a lot of Showcase have at least done Showdown before). And now it's time to refresh and begin anew.

The old rankings will remain for last year, and there will be an "Overall" ranking. However now we get to build up from the bottom, with the 2016 ranking.

Thank you to everyone for sticking with this for however long you have, old members and new alike, it really does mean a lot to me.

I sure had a ton of fun with this over the year, and I'm certain this next year is gonna be just as great. So now, members of the SSS, let's begin a whole new year of Pokemon! Good luck, have fun, and look out cause I plan on keeping my spot on top! ;)

Happy New Year, have a tournament!

[spoiler=SSS Random Battle Rumble]

[spoiler=Rules]1.) All battles will be held in the Random Battle meta. (The very first option)

2.) No complaints about bad matchups. Random Battle is a format that can seem unfair but then you find a way to turn around, and sometimes it’s totally bad, but it’s luck. Which is part of it.

3.) Each week you must battle three times. Try to battle different people each week, but if you must, you can battle the same more than once in a row. But only if you must.

4.) Tournament will last four weeks from the starting point, for a total of 12 battles.

[spoiler=Points]To enter you need to send me 250 points, and then mention in the thread that you want to join. Simple as that. I'm adding a whopping 2000 points myself.

[spoiler=Pot]2000

[spoiler=Prizes]1st Place, 60%

2nd Place, 30%

3rd Place, 10%

[spoiler=Participants]1.) Lord CowCow

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

More?

Alright folks, here it is, the first tournament of the new year! I’m wanting at least 10 people, that way we can each go against three different people each week for three of the four weeks.

Try and only join if you believe you can get three battles in each week, it shouldn’t be too hard and I will work things out for those who really can’t, but please please do your best. And have fun. This is a good chance to start the year off right so let’s not waste it!

Any questions or concerns, let me know. ^^

Ahem with that said and done...I have a bit more to say.

It's been a year, a whole year, of battles and friends and battles WITH friends. And it's been pretty great. Got to make friends with people I've never met before and grow closer with those I was already friends with. (Hey I learned that a lot of Showcase have at least done Showdown before). And now it's time to refresh and begin anew.

The old rankings will remain for last year, and there will be an "Overall" ranking. However now we get to build up from the bottom, with the 2016 ranking.

Thank you to everyone for sticking with this for however long you have, old members and new alike, it really does mean a lot to me.

I sure had a ton of fun with this over the year, and I'm certain this next year is gonna be just as great. So now, members of the SSS, let's begin a whole new year of Pokemon! Good luck, have fun, and look out cause I plan on keeping my spot on top! ;)

Hehe sure

How do I get into the Member Group? Never been in one. 

I might enter the tournament, I'm indecisive because 50% of my losses in the statistic came from inactivity.

I asked Sakura to add you, and sent the points, should be soon.

Ahhhh, I remember that...Well I am trying to work out things for that. For instance I'm thinking if you only can do two, then they will stack (like next week you'd need 4 etc)

Archived