Super Showdown Society (closed)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vaporeon is my wall. It does a pretty good job. If you wanna battle, I'm open. 

Despite my gripes with Eeveelutions except (sometimes) Sylveon, Vaporeon is a really good tank. I usually like to stay away from Standard Metas, by the way

c o m e  t o  t h e  b a l a n c e d  h a c k m o n s  s i d e

w  e     h  a  v  e     i  m  p     c  h  a  n  s  e  y

I have discovered a fatal flaw in Tier Shift.

I cannot test teams when no one plays Tier Shift.

Can't exactly test against people who are gonna be in the tournament after all >.>

That isn't an issue for me. I rarely ever actually battle, all I ever do is theorycrafting. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Anyway, I think the lack of testing might be a fun twist for the tournament. :3

That isn't an issue for me. I rarely ever actually battle, all I ever do is theorycrafting. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Anyway, I think the lack of testing might be a fun twist for the tournament. :3

True, I usually only play like 5 battles at most with a team. But it's just in this particular...tier. Most of us have no idea what is going to be good so easy to get caught off guard. Especially if anyone happens to have experience. I was a little worried about that but it could be interesting to see what craziness people come up with.

Managed to get 3 battles in two hours though XD

Alternatively, we can do Extreme Tier Shift, which will be May's OM of the Month. It's Tier Shift, except it's based in Ubers, and all the base stat boosts are doubled (UU +10, RU +20, NU +30, and PU/unranked NFEs +40). BL, BL2, etc are treated as being in the tier above for Extreme Tier Shift.

And as OMotM, it'll (probably) be a lot more active than regular Tier Shift for testing. Also, my experience in regular Tier Shift is virtually irrelevant there because it's based in Ubers instead of OU. (If the Battle Factory tournament is anything to go by, then this would likely mean RIP CowCow)

(Eviolite banned there as of April 29, 2016)

Alternatively, we can do Extreme Tier Shift, which will be May's OM of the Month. It's Tier Shift, except it's based in Ubers, and all the base stat boosts are doubled (UU +10, RU +20, NU +30, and PU/unranked NFEs +40). BL, BL2, etc are treated as being in the tier above for Extreme Tier Shift.

And as OMotM, it'll (probably) be a lot more active than regular Tier Shift for testing. Also, my experience in regular Tier Shift is virtually irrelevant there because it's based in Ubers instead of OU. (If the Battle Factory tournament is anything to go by, then this would likely mean RIP CowCow)

YAY, NOT-OU!!!!!

That would require us to do this all in May. Which let's be honest very well might not happen.

And that seems far too extreme to really work well and looks decidedly unbalanced.

Word of god says no until I can get convinced otherwise in a day or two.

Because trying to decide when to start the sign ups. I might do so today. And there's really not enough information for me to say if this would be a good idea or not.

Also, while I'm here, I might as well explain this month's Leader's Choice OM.

Type Reflectors

Every Pokemon gains/replaces a secondary type with the primary type of the Pokemon in the first party slot (in the Teambuilder). See the link for more details

My new role here: OMotM Explainer

Huh that's....interesting. It's like Monotype in a way. Just...things are forced to be the type.

Also been thinking of actually giving "roles" to people. XD (Like "Alternative Meta Master Spaz" And Toad would...well, be Mayor of Balanced Hackmons" XD But also lazy)

Anyway. Gonna start sign ups for the Tier Shift thing tomorrow. If there aren't any objections.

btw Spaz hope I didn't come off as rude with my above post >.

btw Spaz hope I didn't come off as rude with my above post >.<

I honestly thought it had something to do with the line: 

(If the Battle Factory tournament is anything to go by, then this would likely mean RIP CowCow)

Also, since I never gave the link to the thread for Extreme Tier Shift, here you go:

ETS

It's actually been around a lot longer than I realized.

[spoiler=SSS Tier Shift Tournament][spoiler=Rules]1.) All battles are Tier Shift teams.

2.) Tournament will be double elimination bracket tournament. And the matchups will be determined once the sign ups end.

3.) Must post the battle replay in the thread for the match to count.

4.) You can use any amount of teams/changes in between rounds.

[spoiler=Points]Fee will be 250 points, to be sent to me upon sign-up. I will add 1000 points myself.

[spoiler=Prizes]1st place-60% of Pot + Ability to choose a Pokemon for Yui to make a logo for. (To place in the rotating SSS logo in the OP)

2nd place-30% of Pot

3rd place-10% of Pot

[spoiler=Current Pot]3500 Points

[spoiler=Participants] 1.) Dread FIghter Cow

2.) SoulFire

3.) Adorabubble

4.) Mr. Spaz

5.) Admiral_Stalfos19

6.) JustYui

7.) Reptilious

8.) MiracleGhost47

9.) Self-Destruct Button

10.) Mei Irizaki

More?

It's basically the same as last time with a different tier, lol.
Also "1st place-60% of Pot + Ability to choose a Pokemon for Yui to make a logo for. (To place in the rotating SSS logo in the OP)"

[spoiler=SSS Tier Shift Tournament][spoiler=Rules]1.) All battles are Tier Shift teams.

2.) Tournament will be double elimination bracket tournament. And the matchups will be determined once the sign ups end.

[spoiler=Points]Fee will be 250 points, to be sent to me upon sign-up. I will add 1000 points myself.

[spoiler=Prizes]1st place-60% of Pot + Ability to choose a Pokemon for Yui to make a logo for. (To place in the rotating SSS logo in the OP)

2nd place-30% of Pot

3rd place-10% of Pot

[spoiler=Current Pot]1000 Points

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

More?

Also "1st place-60% of Pot + Ability to choose a Pokemon for Yui to make a logo for. (To place in the rotating SSS logo in the OP)"

I'm sorie did u say Ability to choose a Pokemon for Yui to make a logo for because I will give a blood offering to make it pangoro

or skuntank

2nd place-30% of Pot

3rd place-10% of Pot

[spoiler=Current Pot]1000 Points

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

More?

What's tier shift?

Archived