Super Showdown Society (closed)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-578014109

Ayyy finally another of the tournament battles.

With this I am now taking first. The battle for second starts. Parenthesis vs Spaz. And then this ends.

...And I was giving it some thought and I might want to try and revive the Pokemon Draft Tournament and make sure I only let in people I know will be able to get in battles.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7unratedrandombattle-580219972

First time playing Pokemon in a couple of months, and still having no actual knowledge of Sun/Moon am pleased.

C'mon man play SM already XD

It's my favorite meta tbh

Also for those interested in the Draft Tournament. Was thinking of banning Greninja for the Draft due to being too unpredictable, diverse, and strong. Which can be a big problem in this sort of meta where you know what the opponent has.

C'mon man play SM already XD

It's my favorite meta tbh

Also for those interested in the Draft Tournament. Was thinking of banning Greninja for the Draft due to being too unpredictable, diverse, and strong. Which can be a big problem in this sort of meta where you know what the opponent has.

I'm broke, need to save money for the end of June (Comic Con) and the start of July. Already screwed myself over this week by buying FE Echoes, which coincided with my Crunchyroll subscription, so no lunches.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1randombattle-580233804

Probably would have lost if the guy stopped trying to KO with Hyper Beam, or used Submission rather than Rock Slide.

I'm broke, need to save money for the end of June (Comic Con) and the start of July. Already screwed myself over this week by buying FE Echoes, which coincided with my Crunchyroll subscription, so no lunches.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1randombattle-580233804

Probably would have lost if the guy stopped trying to KO with Hyper Beam, or used Submission rather than Rock Slide.

Well I can't be upset at that choice then >.>

Freaking Metapod that made my day

Before I start this. Parenthesis and Spaz you have until Thursday to finish or I will call the match, decide the winner, and end the tournament.

Here it goes. Hopefully this doesn't flop. *braces for impact*

407e412491277887dd0998268cf05af6.png

[spoiler=How This Works]So what is a Draft League? Basically you battle people with teams picked from 12 Pokemon you choose (draft) before the tournament starts. It tests your team building skill, creativity, and prediction skills mostly.

How this will go is I will randomize the participants and the order of the randomization will be the order we'll pick. The person to pick first in the first round will pick last in the next one.

We will get 3 OU mons, 3 UU mons, 3 RU mons, and 3 NU mons

Example of a draft round.

Player A Picks Chansey

Player B Picks Buzzwole

Player C Picks Dugtrio

Player D Picks Latios

Player D Picks Magearna

Player C Picks Mamoswine

[spoiler=Rules]-Only 1 Mega. You do not have to state which is your Mega until the end of the Draft. However you cannot pick a Mega if you did not draft the Pokemon in the tier the Mega is in. For instance Charizard would be NU. But if you want Mega Charizard Y you need to pick Charizard as one of your OU picks.

-You must use every Pokemon at least twice throughout the tournament. This is to make sure you have to use the lower tier Mons as well for diversity.

-Greninja is banned. This is a personal decision I made based on experience. I decided that the Pokemon is too versatile and as such overpowered in this meta where you know what limited pool of Pokemon your opponent will be making a team from.

-We will be doing this Round Robin Style. That is to say everyone battles everyone once and then the top four (unless we get a ridiculous amount of interest) move on from there.

-Every match will be on Showdown and the replay must be posted in the thread for it to count.

-Everyone must come up with a Team Name before the draft starts

-Team Name does NOT have to relate to the Pokemon you choose in the Draft. They also do not necessarily have to follow any certain theme.

-If any team is taking too long to battle without giving proof of attempting to do so they will lose their match automatically.

[spoiler=Sign Ups/Prizes]To sign up all you must do is post in this thread that you want to, what you want your Team Name to be, and send me 200 points (mostly to confirm you actually are paying attention and care enough to go through the extra steps).

The prizes are as follows

First Place: 10,000 points. Plus I will attempt to get someone to make a "SSS Draft League 2017 Champion" trophy of sorts which will contain whatever Pokemon in your team you felt was the Ace.

Second Place: 5000 points.

Third Place: 1000 points

[spoiler=Roster]1: Lord CowCow (The Majestic Miltanks)

2: Yui (Funnybone Squad)

3: (parenthesis) (Team Pokemon)

4: Self-Destruct Button (All-Terrain Venomoths)

5: Mr. Spaz (SQUAAAAAAAAAAWK)

6: Faytl (Team Chaff)

7: The Amazing Avian (Too Meta)

8: Azure Wolf (Team Wing-It)

More?

[spoiler=Teams]Yui

OU: Celesteela, Mimikyu, Alakazam (Mega)

UU: Buzzwole, Hydreigon, Pelipper

RU: Zoroark, Froslass, Kommo-o

NU: Vaporeon, Sigilyph, Lycanroc-Midnight

Self-Destruct Button

OU: Toxapex, Landorus-Therian, Tapu Koko

UU: Latias, Entei, Sharpedo (Mega)

RU: Bronzong, Snorlax, Reuniclous

NU: Virizion, Tyrantrum, Tauros

Mr Spaz

OU: Alolan Marowak, Kartana, Magnezone

UU: Xurkitree, Krookodile, Starmie

RU: Galvantula, Heracross, Bruxish

NU: Vivilion, Swoobat, Clawitzer

Faytl

OU: Magearna, Charizard (Mega, X), Manaphy

UU: Gliscor, Blissey, Forretress

RU: Cresselia, Honchkrow, Roserade

NU: Silvally, Cofagrigus, Barbaracle

Azure Wolf

OU: Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, Volcarona

UU: Haxorus, Raikou, Primarina

RU: Doublade, Linoone, Golisopod

NU: Cinccino, Flareon, Huntail

(parenthesis)

OU: Dugtrio, Pinsir (Mega), Jirachi

UU: Alolan Ninetales, Azelf, Nidoking
RU: Salazzle, Dhelmise, Heliolisk

NU: Minior, Incineroar, Aurorus

Lord CowCow

OU: Tapu Lele, Mawile (Mega), Tangrowth

UU: Mamoswine, Tentacruel, Infernape

RU: Araquanid, Jolteon, Aerodactyl

NU: Leavanny, Drampa, Dusclops

The Amazing Avian

OU: Scizor (Mega), Garchomp, Rotom-Wash

UU: Metagross. Chandelure, Alolan Muk

RU: Chesnaught, Cloyster, Gardevoir

NU: Whimsicott, Malamar, Sneasel

[spoiler=Win/Loss Record]The Majestic Miltanks (Cow):

Funnybone Squad (Yui):

Team Pokemon (parenthesis):

All-Terrain Venomoths (Self-Destruct Button):

SQUAAAAAAAAAAWK (Mr Spaz):

Team Chaff (Faytl):

Too Meta (The Amazing Avian):

Team Wing-It (Azure Wolf):

I am certain I missed some stuff so if anyone has any questions or concerns please ask me.

Edit: Note I will only accept you if I believe you actually can keep up with this. I don't want any flops so please don't disappoint me.

I will join. Will send points once I have a teamname, for now let me just say that on Smogon.com, all tiers down to NU exist at this point, so I don't get why that part is just "Other".

Is there an actual list? Go to Showdown and try and build and RU and NU team separately, it gives you the same Mons. I figured they didn't have a concrete list yet so I lumped RU and NU into one.

We now have 5 people woo!

I find it funny some sent me more than 200 points when it's not like I'm putting them in a pot this time around lol

This is the RU tier list:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-ru-visual-tier-list.3598226/

This is the usage-based NU Alpha list:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-nu-alpha-discussion-read-post-153.3594836/page-7#post-7363365

RU should be almost ready to be implemented into Showdown, though NU is still in alpha stage. Rumor has it that stuff like Slurpuff or Tyrantrum or some weather-based stuff will get removed from NU before the tier finalizes (Ninetales), but if you want to use that list for the tournament is your choice. RU should be fair game though.

This is the RU tier list:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-ru-visual-tier-list.3598226/

This is the usage-based NU Alpha list:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-nu-alpha-discussion-read-post-153.3594836/page-7#post-7363365

RU should be almost ready to be implemented into Showdown, though NU is still in alpha stage. Rumor has it that stuff like Slurpuff or Tyrantrum or some weather-based stuff will get removed from NU before the tier finalizes (Ninetales), but if you want to use that list for the tournament is your choice. RU should be fair game though.

Hmmm I think for this time around I will just go with how we have it now. Cause it's not fully final. I plan on, if this works, doing this next year too X3

But thanks!

also with Faytl we now have 6. At least 2 more and we can start the draft!

Question for you all. Does PM work for you for the draft? Or should I do a different way? I have ideas for a different way to do it but PM would be easiest but it depends if PMs are working for you all.

Is Skype/Dischord also an option?

Also if you suggest Curse I immediately assume you're a huge nerd.

Skype maybe but I don't know if everyone has it. Plus it sounds difficult because I would have to make sure no one says anything until whoever is next drafts (and they all have different timezones).

Discord never.

What's Curse?

Archived