Super Showdown Society (closed)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That lucky setup of Grassy Terrain + Petal Dance was so... nasty :v

The repeated neutral priority Whilrwind, and 0 damage Frustration were funny.

Last Mew was all like "got my accuracy dropped? no problem, will just use Miracle Eye. Opponent increased its Evasion? Clear Smog it away" xD

I just don't get why Fly failed...

I've got a loose theory that since the second use of Fly isn't the exact same thing as the first like with Petal Dance or Outrage, the use of a Metronome-only set trips it up. Which I say that, but didn't someone use Shadow Force earlier in the Mew-Off? If so, it may just be a bug with Showdown itself.

I've got a loose theory that since the second use of Fly isn't the exact same thing as the first like with Petal Dance or Outrage, the use of a Metronome-only set trips it up. Which I say that, but didn't someone use Shadow Force earlier in the Mew-Off? If so, it may just be a bug with Showdown itself.

I'm going to guess you were holding a Choice item. If so, here's your explanation.

Stuff you should keep in mind:

Due to a change in generation 7 mechanics, one cannot physically use another move while Choice locked into the first. For example, a Choice Band user locked into Metronome calls a two-turn move like Dig: trying to actually use Dig on the next turn results in a failure, because the game expects only another Metronome.

It's from the Smogon thread for Metronome Battles

Lmao you really still want to do the BH tournament?

I’ll be around for a lot longer but I still have to make a team

I kinda figure it's dead by now sadly...I suppose I'll officially mark it as cancelled.

In other news.

Dark Void not working was interesting...but anyway

WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE MEW OFF

https://challonge.com/zsssupn9

3rd: Skaia

2nd: Yui

1st: Reptilious

I will give out points in a bit.

And tomorrow I'll make a thing to check for interest in another tournament next month. I want to have these I just...need to know people will show up.

Alright, well, it seems that the people have spoken and the next tournament will be...

[spoiler=SSS RU Tournament][spoiler=Rules]1. All teams must be RU. Set the team builder to RU and if you click validate and it says it's not valid, it's not valid for the tournament either.
2.Tournament will be double elimination bracket and the bracket will be randomized before starting.
3. You may change teams freely between rounds.
4. If you do not give proof of attempts to battle a week after the announcement gets posted your match will be count as a loss.

[spoiler=Points]To join you must send me 250 points and post in the thread that you wish to join.
Prizes: 1st place, 60% of Pot. 2nd place, 30% of Pot. 3rd place, 10% of Pot.
Current Pot: 275,000 Points

[spoiler=Participants]1. God Emperor Cow/Lord CowCow
2. Yui
3. Monotaro/Reptilious
4. Mr Spaz
5. Azure Wolf
6. I S A A C
7. Krow
8. ihop
More?

Archived