Super Showdown Society (closed)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suggested it, so I am contractually obligated to join. (That's how it works right?)

Although, upon attempting to build a team, 2100 seems a little unfeasible, so I'd suggest increasing to either 2200 or 2300 (2200 because I managed to build a team with exactly 2200 BST or 2300 because that's what the limit was when this was an OM in gen 5)

...I dunno how any of that BST works so I dunno if I'll join.

BST stands for Base Stat Total. It's just simple addition. Using the base stats of my boy Buzzwole as an example...

HP - 107

Attack - 139

Defense - 139

Sp. Attack - 53

Sp. Defense - 53

Speed - 79

Which totals out to a BST of 570. Hopefully that explains what BST is.

BST stands for Base Stat Total. It's just simple addition. Using the base stats of my boy Buzzwole as an example...

HP - 107

Attack - 139

Defense - 139

Sp. Attack - 53

Sp. Defense - 53

Speed - 79

Which totals out to a BST of 570. Hopefully that explains what BST is.

Ahhhhh. Okay this was the best way to explain it. Thanks.

Haven't played Showdown in a while, but I'm interested.

I for one support sticking with 2100, mostly for the challenge and to see what teams and strategies show up. Keep in mind I have yet to attempt to make a team under such restriction, so I don't fully grasp what I'm asking for xD

inb4 only Eviolite teams show up :v

Might be a good idea to go with 2200 or 2300 then. Eviolite: The Tournament just sounds like LC/NFE with extra steps and featuring a big boy. As much as I like eviolite, that seems boring.

Got to agree on this one. A lower budget is less exciting if the tourney boils down to relying on stat-boosting items like Eviolite, Light Ball, etc. Most likely bulky offense or stall strategies would take the lead due to Eviolite.

Fun fact about the original tier: 

Ubers were originally allowed, but then every team became Scarf Kyogre/Espeed Arceus + filler, so they banned all Ubers.

Also, I built a 4th team for 2088 BST. Surprisingly, there are no Eviolites on the team, and they would only benefit 2 of the Pokemon on it anyway. So I'm officially fine with any Team BST upper limit up to 2300.

I FORGOT

[spoiler=SSS Budgetmons Tournament][spoiler=Rules]1. Teams will allow up to OU (Sun/Moon to be exact). The catch is that the BST of all your Pokemon cannot exceed 2300 when added together.

2.Tournament will be double elimination bracket and the bracket will be randomized before starting.

3. You may change teams freely between rounds.

4. If you do not give proof of attempts to battle a week after the announcement gets posted your match will be count as a loss.

[spoiler=Points]To join you must send me 250 points and post in the thread that you wish to join.

Prizes: 1st place, 60% of Pot. 2nd place, 30% of Pot. 3rd place, 10% of Pot.

Current Pot: 3750 Points

[spoiler=Participants]1. God Emperor Cow

2. Reptilious

3. Yui

4. Catman25

5. Mr Dr Professor Spaz

6. Ciao Babe (not really)

7. Azure Wolf

And yes I do always keep the same general tournament template. It works. Sue me.

im in

Hypothetical question, as I know Zygarde with Power Construct is banned, but, would it, if it were allowed, count for 600BST or 708

asking for a friend

iirc mega evolutions count the BST of the mega instead of the base form for the intent of this tournament, so zygundam would probably count for 708

Archived