Shaddoll Deck

Run 3 Shadoll Fusions. No questions asked.

Hound is a pretty bad card.

Mystic tomato? …no, drop it.

Drop Grepher.

3 Squamata

I'd consider running 3 Hedgehog or even Falco.

The silly trap next to BTS should leave.

You need more LIGHTS, so I dunno….The artifact engine will be dust soon. Maybe consider Light Sworns (Raiden and Lyla). I'm not sure, honestly.

I'd run more than ONE Veiler or run 0.

Why are you running ONE Pot? 

Where the f*** is Shadow Games? Run 3.
The extra deck is also huge mess.

Mathematician is good in here; I'd run 3. Consider a Felis or Majesty's Fiend, as well.

Your extra deck needs more fusions. 

2 Winda, 2 Construct. Add LIGHTS.

Drop Grepher.

3 Squamata

You need more LIGHTS, so I dunno….The artifact engine will be dust soon. Maybe consider Light Sworns (Raiden and Lyla). I'm not sure, honestly.

Mathematician is good in here; I'd run 3. Consider a Felis or Majesty's Fiend, as well.

Builds2.png

Erm Shadow Games?

Looking better.

-1 Beast

-1 Lizard/Squamata

-1 DAD (It's uncontrollable how much DARKs you add to the grave and Shaddolls don't do that great at recycling so cut it out)

-1 Hedgehog (Optional unless you want to run more LS like Lyla and Lumina; Then Hedgehog is pretty necessary)

-2 Pot of Duality (Hurts the deck too much. Even on the first turn, you can aim for pluses by Fusion or milling. This card being drawn during lategame hurts too bad after the initial Sinister Shadow Games)

-1 Seven Tools

-1 Divine Wrath (Shaddolls can't get effs off costs so that - just to negate effects just hurts too bad. Breakthrough is WAY better cause LS can dump it accidentally and can be quick played more efficiently)

-1 Raigeki (Too risky this format when Qliphort, Yang Zing, Madolche, Burning Abyss, and the mirroring Shaddoll are too floaty)

-1 Dark Hole (Same Reasons as Raigeki)

+1 Dragon (Optional. At first he was kinda ok at 2 but to bounce back Dante/opp's Winda and/or pop Qliphort Tool with Shadow Games and it is pretty useful. Many copies of this guy can be good emergency utility)

+1 Glow-Up Bulb (Gives better Shekhinaga and Synchro options. Can dump it with Shaddoll Fusion straight from the deck, and it's so good)

+1 Felis (3 Math guys? One of her is considerable. She may be dead in the hand but Math + Felis immediately gets Arcanite or Moonlit Rose)

+2 Caius (Aside from Dragon, Caius's banish is very good against the main format since Shaddolls float a lot with Falco)

+2 Vanity's (It might be painful but even for a single use it will be pretty useful)

+1 Any other LIGHT fodder or personalized supports for Shaddolls you wish to place, such as more LS.

Also I'd dump all Xyzs in your deck except for Honor Ark, Exciton, and/or Castel. You really need Synchro Staples and fill the Extra Deck up to the brim with them.

Drop Grepher.

3 Squamata

Agree on most points, mainly except for hound. would also max Winda & Construct

You'll soon find yourself out of Shaddolls to fod, discard, etc, so consider hound at two. stopping an opponent last moment or flipping a set shaddoll face-up is even welcomed at times.

3 Dragon, 3 Falco, 3 Hedgehog especially since you'll blind eat through your deck with Lightsworns. 

Why is Pot of Duality even necessary here when you're not moving without a SS anyway? (Shaddolls are mainly doing prevention and control, so you want your fusions on the field before your opponent wraps his hands around power plays, i.e Winda first turn.)

Consider adding more fusion Spells, they promise much more versatility and assure a second and third El Shaddoll a turn. 

also, more core. it's a wonderful card that may also be dumped to retrieve a fusion spell.

And why D.A.D, when you fill your Graveyard too quickly?

I'd side vanity instead of maining it, drop glow-up bulb and give up the synchros (but that's a matter of taste as I'd play purer Shaddolls just because that provides too much distraction from the main strategy) and remove Caius.

Why the Normal fairy? 

I'm not an expert of Shaddolls, but I keep an eye on them in the metagame because if I ever play competitively again, I would begin with a Shaddoll deck. That said, I noticed a couple of trends, so to speak, on them:

- Post-Qlips they shifted to a more aggressive playstyle that drops multiple monsters in a single turn and go for an OTK before the opposing BAs or Qlips get a chance to recover. For this reason, x3 Shaddoll Fusion and x3 El-Shaddoll Fusion, the latter for Battle Phase Fusions to put more damage on the board, are basically staples in modern Shaddolls.

- There are 2 dominant Shaddoll variants: Artifact Shaddolls and Dragon Shaddolls. But the Sanctum engine will be hit in January, so it may be better to stick with Dragon Shaddolls.

Dragon Shaddolls are, well, Shadolls that run Dark Armed Dragon, the chaos Dragons Wybersburster & Collapserpent, and 1 Eclipse Wyvern, in addition to BLS. This allows them to add more damage by Special Summoning the chaos Dragons while setting up Dark Armed for a potential power play that often finishes the game.

The basic Dragon engine looks more or less like this:

x1 Dark Armed

x1 Collapserpent

x2 Wyverburster

x1 Eclipse Wyvern

x1 BLS

x2 Collap/x3 Wyberburster is also an option, but you may struggle with space and I have read that the chaos dragons can clog if you don't have anything to banish.

Dark Armed is fine in Shaddolls as long as it comes with the Dragon support.

- Denko Sekka is an interesting tech: It's LIGHT for Nephilim and stuns the opponent's backrow for safer OTKs. But I have read mixed opinions on this and it looks like some people don't think it deserves to be mained. You may have to test this one.

- Enemy Controller has gained popularity because it enables Shaddolls to break through a BA loop or strip the opponent from a big monster and push for game. Also you can pay its cost off by Tributing a chaos dragon.

- I saw other variants that apparently go faster and runs Archlord Kristya along the Artifact engine, and/or tech De-Fusion for more Battle Phase tricks or something among those lines, but I don't know how effective they are.

That aside, I suggest the following for your deck:

-1~2 Falcon: 3 are cloggy.

-2 Normal Monster

-2 Raiden

-2 Caius

-1 Breakthrough: It's more of a side card this format since it does nothing vs. Qlips and won't hurt BAs as much.

+1 Dark Armed

+1 Collapserpent

+2 Wyberburster

+1 Eclipse Wyvern

+2 El-Shaddoll Fusion: enables a 2nd Fusion during the turn, plus the Battle Phase trick of attacking with 2 Shaddolls and then fusing them to attack again.

+1~2 Enemy Controller

+ Beast and Lizard if necessary for feeding your Fusions. Otherwise fill with staples such as Compulsory, or perhaps even Raigeki/Soul Charge.

Since the Equip Fusion has not reached the TCG yet, I have not seen them being played, but I guess that a single copy as a tech should be decent for a potential 3rd Fusion in a single turn and further put more damage on board.

Other options:

+1 MST: For countering Qlip Scout and BA's backrow. But you do run x3 Shaddoll Dragon which also pops backrow so you may not need this in the end. +1 MST/-1 Shaddoll Dragon is an option, though.

+1~2 Denko

+ aforementioned De-Fusion

Extra Deck:

-1 Egrystal: 1 should be enough. You don't run FIRE materials to drop multiples of this anyways.

-1 Clausolas: I don't see how you can make it with this deck in the first place.

-1 Scrap: With Caius gone you won't be able to make Synchro 8s.

+1 Nephilim: It is the main attacker Fusion and you can fuse it with another Shaddoll to drop another copy and keep up the aggression.

Fill the remaining slots with any of the following:

+1 Yazi: Arguably a win condition vs. BAs because they can hardly touch it.

+1 Goyo: Level 4 + Falcon. One of the best Synchro6

+1 Black Rose

+1 Arcanite Magician

(The latter 2 are similar and that both are Synchro7s with removal power, but have different applications. Running both would be good but ED space is an issue.)

+1 Star Eater: Combo with Shekhinaga + Glow-Up, or Core + Falcon to get over Qlip Killer.

+1 Leoh: Nephilim + Falcon can make it, and is a reliable beater.

Other considerations:

Castel > S.H.Ark: Castel can also hit Spell/Traps and unlike S.H.Ark it won't trigger the floating effects of BAs and El-Shaddolls.

Armades vs. Catastor: Armades is good vs. floaters and can attack more safely than Catastor. But I guess Catastor should be better vs. Qlips and Necloths.

Archived