U.A. Playmaker/Linebacker [SECE-EN]

E43r5ju.jpg

U.A. Linebacker
EARTH/Warrior/Effect
7/1600/2700
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by returning 1 “U.A.” monster you control to the hand, except “U.A. Linebacker”. You can only Special Summon “U.A. Linebacker” once per turn this way. Once per turn, when your opponent Special Summons a monster(s): You can change their battle position(s), and if you do, negate their effects.

dvnrAd0.jpg

U.A. Playmaker
EARTH/Warrior/Effect
8/2600/2000
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by returning 1 “U.A.” monster you control to the hand, except “U.A. Playmaker”. You can only Special Summon “U.A. Playmaker” once per turn this way. When another “U.A.” monster you control declares an attack: You can have this card lose exactly 800 ATK, and if you do, your attacking monster gains 800 ATK.

About time they got some U.S Football supports.

Linebacker works so good with Ace, cause they can both cover over Monsters and S/Ts conservatively. Linebacker also weakens beatsticks by changing their BP; so great. Playmaker is pretty eh, but he can gain a lot of ATK via Stadium and can be bounced anyway, so he's good making Slugger deal big damage. In all, I really love how all supports of these cards work like an actual synchronized team and there are no bosses.

You can easily play around linebacker by putting something in the opposite battle position.

Not really?

I mean, it's optional, so if they summon in the opposite position then Linebacker won't give a fuck.

With something like Arcanite Magician, yeah you can, but that's hardly something that's going to punish Linebacker.

Most things are going to be summoned in ATK anyways, which means you either play into it or don't get to push at all because it doesn't care that you're in DEF most times.

About time they got some U.S Football supports.

Linebacker works so good with Ace, cause they can both cover over Monsters and S/Ts conservatively. Linebacker also weakens beatsticks by changing their BP; so great. Playmaker is pretty eh, but he can gain a lot of ATK via Stadium and can be bounced anyway, so he's good making Slugger deal big damage. In all, I really love how all supports of these cards work like an actual synchronized team and there are no bosses.

they might have a referee or an umpire for that

i wonder if they'll do hockey,lacross,and cricket?

Really liking Linebacker. It's noteworthy that it switches ALL monsters summoned, so if your opponent Pendulum Summons, they're ALL getting switched to defense mode. That's a rather nice addition to the deck.

Playmaker is... odd. It lets you attack over what UA Stadium doesn't... Whuch means it's actually easier to get over stuff like Killer or anything in Trains. Handy, but not amazing.

Also, these guys give Rank 7 and 8 access to this deck, technically.

Not really?

I mean, it's optional, so if they summon in the opposite position then Linebacker won't give a f***.

With something like Arcanite Magician, yeah you can, but that's hardly something that's going to punish Linebacker.

Most things are going to be summoned in ATK anyways, which means you either play into it or don't get to push at all because it doesn't care that you're in DEF most times.

I mean, yeah its effects are still negated, but you can easily play around the first part of it if its definite that they would use linebacker on it.

Archived