The following rules are in place for the Duel Portal section (both the main forum and the Tournament sub-area).
Please make sure you understand and agree to follow these before posting in either of them.
1. Standard YCM Rules apply.
Should pretty much be common sense, but all regular YCM rules need to be followed.
You can find them here.
2. Section is for Duel Portal related subjects ONLY.
As the forum's name suggests, this is a section for Duel Portal, commonly abbreviated "DP". You can request suggestions in the Support thread and report issues to seattleite (the creator and maintainer of the program) in the support thread.
You are allowed to post cards and archetypes intended to be used specifically in Duel Portal, whether in general or in a custom format you have made.
Unless it is meant to be used in the program, use the regular card sections (Advanced/Casual) to post them, but NOT here.
(Cards do not have to be up on DP at the time of posting, but they should be intended to be there)
Discussions about Tournaments, DP-based events, and custom formats have their own subsection, which can be found above the announcements.
Main section [the one you're reading this thread in] is for card discussions only.
3. Advanced Clause (or discussion standards)
ALL members will be expected to abide by this, regardless if you are a new member or active veteran of YCM.
Like in the regular CC forums, you need to, at a minimum, make a relevant comment about the card's design/usability.
This should be 1-2 sentences, or about 10-20 words, however you should be able to go beyond that if done properly.
Make sure you actually back it up with details, rather than just saying 1-2 words.
1-2 word replies can/will be considered as spam, as will anything unrelated to the cards at hand.
Advanced Clause isn't as strict as in the regular card sections, but that does NOT mean you can break it.
In essence, keep your posts substantial, or you will be punished accordingly.
(You can make side comments about other things pertaining to the card IF the above is followed)
Keep in mind that Duel Portal may/may not carry certain cards that are prevalent in the actual game, so take that into consideration while commenting.
Staple cards are added to the pool as deemed necessary in certain cases, so unless proven otherwise, you can assume that most common staples exist.
4. Keep discussion topics civil.
While it is expected that certain topics within this section will raise heated discussion, it should be emphasized that everyone must retain their civility and act in a mature manner during these discussions.
You are to respect the opinions of other members at all times, even if you disagree with them.
It's fine to write a rebuttal, but don't border on the edge of flaming/trolling them. Being passive-aggressive is also not something that should be done.
With that said, refrain from doing the following in this section (but certainly not limited to):
- Lashing at a member if they say something that you find controversial.
- This also includes getting upset if someone says that a certain card that you made for DP is broken or needs fixing. If someone says your card needs fixing, then it probably needs to be toned down a bit (or in rare cases, buffed so it does its intended job properly).
- Behave unpleasantly towards other members for any reason, whether it's simply differing opinion or anything else.
- We are here to have fun designing our cards and see how they interact. The last thing this section needs is for someone to behave in a condescending manner towards others, because they don't see things in the same light as they do.
- TCG and some other sections are known for having bad conduct at times; we're not them, so DO NOT act like a jackass in this section, or else you will face severe consequences.
- Arguing with a staff member.
- If we tell you to do something within reason (which is always), then you are to obey without question.
Consequences include, but are not limited to: A harsh warn increase (5 or higher warn points; either will expire in a few weeks or never) or bans from either the DP section or YCM for a period of time, at our discretion.
(We reserve the right to alter the consequences as deemed necessary by the situation in which the warning was issued for.)
If a discussion on a card or archetype has remained dead for 2+ months (60+ days), then it's probably safer to make a new thread about it.
However, if a thread is being revived by a member that was not the original poster, then the limit of doing it is 2 weeks.
Go over that, and it will count as necrobumping and will be warned accordingly.
You, as the thread creator, are allowed to bump it once every period of 24 hours or more, if discussion has stagnated.
6. Thread Title Formatting
For the sake of clarity, this section will be using a tag system in the titles. As this section has a range of topics, it is needed to differentiate them all.
Below are the tags for the main forum.
- [Singles] for singular card discussions. If the card has been around in Duel Portal for a while, use [Card Discussion] instead.
- [Archetype] for archetype discussions (2 or more cards). If the archetype has been around in Duel Portal for a while, use [Archetype Discussion] instead.
- [Discussion] For general discussion topics regarding DP and its current pool as a whole.
- [Format Name] For custom formats to discuss the impact of certain cards. You NEED to tag your threads, so we can differentiate your format from another.
Tournaments have their own section now (effective 10/5/2015), but the following tags will apply there.
- [Tournament] for tournament and tournament-related discussions/threads.
- [Metagame] for discussions regarding the current shape of the game as it applies to the tournaments.
- [Event] for DP-based events and projects.
- [Deck Discussion] is for decks you have made with Duel Portal-based cards.
- [Format Name] Applies for custom formats; makes it easy to differentiate your format discussions from that of another.
7. Tournament Regulations
In the event you all decide to host your own DP-based tournaments, please keep in mind the following must be present in the OP at all times.
- Tournament Style (Are you doing single/double elimination, round robin, etc?)
- Registration Deadline (Make sure you take into account timezones for the members here)
- If you live in a higher timezone [GMT/UTC +1:00 or higher], you should set it to the next day in your area to compensate.
- Assume that most members either are GMT or to the left of it (in negative offsets).
- Tournament Start Date / Ignition (When do you plan to start this? Again, if you live in a higher timezone, then take that in account as well.)
- Any entry fees/prizes (if applicable)
- Other requirements (Any restrictions on Decks, a banlist, membership restriction and other things?)
Participants need to PM you or a helper with their Decklists; it is your responsibility to look over their cards and see if anything needs to be fixed.
It may help if you have a standardized card pool to work from. (You are not required to use the standard card pool, but make sure you keep tabs on what comes in).
Official Duel Portal Tournaments will have their own sets of rules that will apply on each of their threads.
(Should be printed for convenience)
Edited by Sakura Haruno, 11 November 2015 - 02:32 AM.
Rewriting some stuff for clarity. Also, please remember to use the tags, even if there are a ton of them. Thanks