[YDF] Yugioh Designer Format - Phase 3 - Set 1 Card Creation

-Griffin

So I noticed that there is a "YDF" pool avalible on duel portal but there seems to be no cards in it. Do we have the go ahead to start submiting cards into this format yet?

Also, what are your thoughts on fusions: are we going to use poly or contact as the default form? I would personally favor contact, as it means we don't need to compensate with power for the inherent card disadvantage of poly-style fusions and they can instead be made simularaly to you average xyz/synchro.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got the OK from Seatellite, YDF set is up and I have the admin thingy to handle organizational stuff.

I'll going to be uploading/working on them for most of today. 

Fusions probably won't be in until at least set 4, but when we get to them I'd probably prefer contact - if specific Fusions/archtypes/decktypes want to have their own spells to do the fusion with whatever details they like, that's fine though. 

EDIT: Not sure how to upload to specific sets, and the 'public' button isn't available. Strange.

While I can't make cards public, I'm going to upload the TCG imports, so everyone else can leave those for now and say which ones you're doing (pick a range, like #1-10).

Ok guys, looks like the broken bits have been fixed now, and we can really start working on cards full speed!

Make sure you put 'YDF1' or 'TCG' in the 'special filter' area so that people can find the cards later.

EDIT: Added the first 50 TCG cards without art. I'll have to do art later, but for now I want to get to the point where we can build/test Decks.

Some random things I noticed:

1. Gaia's Garden seems useless in the first set with absolutely no Plant-Type monsters.
  2. The way it is currently worded, Fluxwave Diviner's flip effect resolves in the Deck (without effect, but it still starts a chain).
  3. Cryogenic Data Preservation seems kinda OP since it gives you free negation, and S/T removal is ridiculously hard
  4. Photon Thrasher is really, really good
  5. Mindreader Mutate seems OP not because of its effect, but because it easily lets you see your opponent's hand.
  6. edit: one rather major problem in this format is that it is near impossible for a player to make a reversal if they're losing. It doesn't have to be like topdecking Raigeki, but if something hits 3000+ ATK then it's pretty much gg.

I'm almost done collecting images for the remaining cards, I'll upload a zip of all card artworks together including cropped and fixed versions of the existing ones.

I'm in the process of making a document for the YGOpro version, but it is far from ready.

The scripting is actually coming along nicely. 45 cards have been scripted so far.

Ok, since someone posted in this thread again I'll explain where I'm at.

A day or two after we got onto duel portal, a real life emergency happened related to work. I'm currently putting in overtime to sort it out. Once it's resolved, I'll be back on this in full force. 

Gaia's Garden was made early in the set. I think 1 or 2 of the TCG monsters are plant (mystic tomato springs to mind), but you're right that it won't see play at the moment. I'll probably just leave it until another set gets in. I'm a big advocate of not clogging up the search/card pool with useless stuff, but by the time we're big enough for that to matter it'll be playable.

Cryogenic is definitely strong, but I'm thinking Goblin Sapper might be a staple in the first set's format, so hard to say how those two will work out together. Happy to test it.

Thrasher is definitely really good but also kinda nice for comebacks. Might nerf it &/or make a replacement if it is too staple.

You could definitely be right on Mutate. Anyone got suggestions to fix?

Reversal plays are something I aimed to make accessible. Guardian Spirits is great in a bad spot, Liang, Saintly Savage, Ambushing Mantis, Backstab, and a few others to lesser extents, all function better in a bad spot. Hopefully it'll show up in testing if this worked or not.

I did mention earlier on that "goblin sapper" card is basically the same as the existing "deep sweeper" card. I just wanted to point this out and ask if this means that deep sweeper won't be featured in the YDF?

Goblin Sapper doesn't target. Not sure if this was intended but it's a cool difference to keep

edit: It was probably intended to target, though. effect changed to target

You could definitely be right on Mutate. Anyone got suggestions to fix?

How about:

When this card is Summoned: Look at your opponent's hand. This card's ATK and DEF becomes the highest among the monsters in your opponent's hand.

Aaaand I'm done with the nasty thing that cropped up in my life. Sorry for the big absence thing.

Can anyone still interested in this reply? We can start getting things on Duel Portal and testing now.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/329600-ydf-ydfpro-v01-automated-card-scripts-and-everything/

Judas already did somethin with the YGOpro, half way, 50 cards I guess were already scripted and all TCG imports done, maybe we should continue with the YGOpro rather than the DP?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still interested, just recently did I download that DevPro version, though I don't know of an efficient way to look for the cards in the pool, and I did not find the custom made ones outside of pre-build deck-like things. In the main pool I found the image of those few pre-made ones with the data of Egyptian Gods in the description. It is a bit weird...

Prior to that life happened and the project advanced too quickly for me to keep up, so I'm not sure what were my latest cards that were being worked on like ten pages back, and I'm not sure what the full pool looks like. This was a reason why I could not really enter the contests either..

Is the DuelPortal one working? Last thing I remember is people were waiting for green lights to upload them there?

Archived