[YDF] Yugioh Designer Format - Phase 3 - Set 1 Card Creation

-Griffin

I've added Devouring Dragon, Cosmic Sage, and I think 3 or 4 others which I lost the list of, but they're on the sheet now.

Talking of removal, here's a go at two such cards:

Card Suggestion:

Down with Me
Normal Trap
Activate when a Monster was destroyed by an opponent's Monster which was not above level 7 (by battle or card effect). Banish the destroyed monster and destroy the opponent's Monster.

It's costly and slightly situational removal, basically assures the opponent gets a 2 for 1 unless you use a floater or something, likely involves taking battle damage, and can't target the true top-tier bosses (except high-tier XYZ, but we only even go up to Rank 6 so far, and XYZ being vulnerable to some low-level removal spells seems like something that can just be 'part of the format'.). For one of the least situational removal cards which works best when behind, I think its balanced by those drawbacks.

Card Suggestion:
Backstab
Normal Spell
Target 2 Monsters your opponent controls. Sunder the one with the higher ATK by the ATK of the one with the lower ATK. (If it's a tie you get to choose).

Seems like a usable comeback card that has trouble killing bosses, but does better when there's a tough general to backstab him, or might just clear up a mook fighting another mook.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one comments on my Mantle apart from Griffin  =(

Well I suppose I can take the chance to try to up its power a little bit since it was regarded as a little bit weak. That way I wouldn't just be reposting it a third time as is.

Card Suggestion:

Morphing Mantle

[Equip Spell]

When activated: Declare 1 monster Type; the equipped monster is also treated as that Type and gains 3 Levels. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; it gains 2 Levels. When a monster is targeted by this card, after this card's effect resolves: Have the target gain or lose 100 ATK and DEF times its current Level.

Notes about the card:

-I just upped the Level gain in both effects by 1 (previously the boost was +2 and +1 Level respectively), and added an ATK/DEF altering effect.

-I need to remind that the effect when this card touches the Graveyard and the effect when this card makes a monster gain/lose ATK are permanent changes. They are trigger effects so it won't matter if this card in question is no longer around.

-The effect that alters Levels when sent to the Graveyard can be used to disrupt Level-requiring plays (mainly Xyzs) if you discard it during your opponent's turn or even if you MST it yourself.

-Card obviously doesn't affect Ranks of monsters that use them.

I've added Devouring Dragon, Cosmic Sage, and I think 3 or 4 others which I lost the list of, but they're on the sheet now.

Talking of removal, here's a go at two such cards:

Card Suggestion:

Down with Me
Normal Trap
Activate when a Monster was destroyed by an opponent's Monster which was not above level 7 (by battle or card effect). Banish the destroyed monster and destroy the opponent's Monster.

It's costly and slightly situational removal, basically assures the opponent gets a 2 for 1 unless you use a floater or something, likely involves taking battle damage, and can't target the true top-tier bosses (except high-tier XYZ, but we only even go up to Rank 6 so far, and XYZ being vulnerable to some low-level removal spells seems like something that can just be 'part of the format'.). For one of the least situational removal cards which works best when behind, I think its balanced by those drawbacks.

Card Suggestion:
Backstab
Normal Spell
Target 2 Monsters your opponent controls. Sunder the one with the higher ATK by the ATK of the one with the lower ATK. (If it's a tie you get to choose).

Seems like a usable comeback card that has trouble killing bosses, but does better when there's a tough general to backstab him, or might just clear up a mook fighting another mook.

This sounds pretty interesting actually. I Accept both.

I want to also make new cards but this is suddenly going so fast that I'm a little bit lost currently. I need to go read the list xD

- Morphing Mantle

Looks much better now. Enables Xyz plays or disrupt the opponent's. Both offensive and defensive capabilities. Accepting it.

- Down with me

I think it is too weak: is slow, won't affect the bigger bosses or Xyzs, you give up potential grave resources.

- Backstab

This one loos fine. In a way, it punishes the opponent for controlling multiple monsters, and the drop can be higher if he/she already dropped a boss or 2. Looks great for catching up during the duel. Accepting it.

For new Morphing Mantle, the ATK/DEF changes apply to both effects?

So I equip it to my level 4, and it gains 700 ATK, and when it leaves the field I target their level 6 that ran over my 4, and it loses 800 ATK, and becomes useless for XYZ, at least for now. I think it's going towards too flexible. Perhaps if it was only either increase or decrease ATK/DEF, but the choice pushes it too far imo.

Looking to add the following cards to the TCG imports; don't worry about accept/deny here, just bring up any issues you have with it otherwise I'll move them along. Got a few Warriors/Fiends/Dragons so they have more to target, field searchers since we'll have at least 3 of them, and Stumbling because it seems fair and possibly usable this format.

Terraforming, Field-Commander Rahz, Marauding Captain, Stumbling, Chaos Necromancer, Dark Jeroid, Ancient Dragon, Poki Draco, Cave Dragon.

Also, some new card ideas. Dumping a ton because I can't sleep. Some of these might be bad because I'm currently sleep deprived because I can't sleep.

Card Suggestion:

Chef of Heaven's Banquet
EARTH/Fairy/Effect/Level 6
2300/2200
When this card is Summoned, gain 2000 Life Points

Card Suggestion:

Serenity, Flow of Battle
WATER/Fairy/XYZ/Rank 2
1000/1000
2 level 2 monsters
You can substitute level 1 or 3 Normal Monsters for any of this card's XYZ Material. This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each Normal Monster attached to it as an XYZ Material. Once per turn, during either player's turn, before damage calculation, you can negate 1 attack. That Monster's owner gains Life Points equal to the ATK of the attacking Monster. If this card is destroyed as a result of battle, Special Summon 1 of its XYZ Materials and gain Life Points equal to its ATK. 

Note: You can negate your own monster's attack if something changes before damage calc. The Material Monsters are any combination of 2 of level 1, 2, or 3 Normal Monsters, and level 2 effect monsters. Such as Level 1 Normal + Level 3 Normal, or Level 3 Normal + Level 2 Effect.

Card Suggestion:

Solitary Dragon
WIND/Dragon/Effect/Level 4
2000/700
If you control another Monster, send this card to the Graveyard during the End Phase.

Card Suggestion:

Ambush Spider
WIND/Insect/Effect/Level 4
1400/1900
If this card in Defense Position survives Damage Calculation, destroy the Monster it battled and draw a card.

Card Suggestion:

Chronoeater
DARK/Fiend/Effect/Level 3
1500/0
FLIP: The turn player cannot conduct their Main Phase 2 this turn. If this card is flipped during the Main Phase 2 or End Phase, banish it face-down and draw 2 cards.

I feel this one is most likely to need explaining. It's a fun thing to run that can make your opponent considering setting cards before attacking to avoid ending their turn with no backrow, but if you manage to avoid it getting flipped at all until you can flip it next MP2, you get 2 cards out of it! It banishes itself face-down so its effect cannot be used more often to prevent Decks abusing it as a draw engine since it's basically unrecoverable.

Card Suggestion:

Charged Stormcloud
FIRE/Thunder/Effect/Level 4
1400/1800
When this card is changed to Defense Position, target a Monster; Sunder the target by 900.

Card Suggestion:

Playful Pixies
LIGHT/Fairy/Effect/Level 3
100/1600
When this card is changed to Defense Position, gain 1000 Life Points. When a player gains Life Points, this card gains 300 DEF. If this card inflicts Battle Damage, change the Battle Position of 1 card on the field.

Card Suggestion:

Crankwheel Cannon
Continuous Spell
During each of your End Phases and when a card changes Battle Position, add 1 Crank Counter to this card. You can target 1 Monster; remove Crank counters equal to half its level (rounded up) and destroy the target. You can only control 1 "Crankwheel Cannon."

Stumbling/Labyrinth of Nightmare Deck possibilities?

For new Morphing Mantle, the ATK/DEF changes apply to both effects?

So I equip it to my level 4, and it gains 700 ATK, and when it leaves the field I target their level 6 that ran over my 4, and it loses 800 ATK, and becomes useless for XYZ, at least for now. I think it's going towards too flexible. Perhaps if it was only either increase or decrease ATK/DEF, but the choice pushes it too far imo.

Yes more or less. Actually I didn't mean for it to work double in every situation. I am editing that:

Morphing Mantle

[Equip Spell]

When activated: Declare 1 monster Type; the equipped monster is also treated as that Type and gains 3 Levels. If this card is sent to the Graveyard, except when the equipped monster leaves the field or is used as an Xyz Material: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; it gains 2 Levels. When a monster is targeted by this card, after this card's effect resolves: Have the target gain 100 ATK and DEF times its current Level. The same monster cannot be targeted twice by this card during the same turn.

This means that if the equip was successfully equipped, then the monster being taken down won't trigger the card's second effect. In order to get the second effect you need to have the card leave in some way before the monster equipped does.

The second underlined part I added was because your post made me realize you could just destroy it yourself to boost the same monster twice for a total of around 1300 ATK and DEF on average.

Now it only increases points.

It is important to remember this about the 3 effects:
-When equipped to a monster, the boost will happen and the boost will stay unchanged as long as the monster remains face-up, but the +Level will only be around as long as the monster remains equipped.

-When the card goes to the Graveyard and activates that "sent to the Graveyard" effect, both the boost and the +Level will stay with the monster chosen. Also this one is an optional trigger effect with no mistiming possibilities.

-Each +Level effect, and the boost ATK/DEF effect are separate ones.

What do you think?

Looking to add the following cards to the TCG imports; don't worry about accept/deny here, just bring up any issues you have with it otherwise I'll move them along. Got a few Warriors/Fiends/Dragons so they have more to target, field searchers since we'll have at least 3 of them, and Stumbling because it seems fair and possibly usable this format.

Terraforming, Field-Commander Rahz, Marauding Captain, Stumbling, Chaos Necromancer, Dark Jeroid, Ancient Dragon, Poki Draco, Cave Dragon.

Also, some new card ideas. Dumping a ton because I can't sleep. Some of these might be bad because I'm currently sleep deprived because I can't sleep.

Card Suggestion:

Chef of Heaven's Banquet
2300/2200

Card Suggestion:

Serenity, Flow of Battle
WATER/Fairy/XYZ/Rank 2
1000/1000
2 level 2 monsters
You can substitute level 1 or 3 Normal Monsters for any of this card's XYZ Material. This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each Normal Monster attached to it as an XYZ Material. Once per turn, during either player's turn, before damage calculation, you can negate 1 attack. Your opponent gains Life Points equal to the ATK of the attacking Monster. If this card is destroyed as a result of battle, Special Summon 1 of its XYZ Materials and gain Life Points equal to its ATK. 

Note: You can negate your own monster's attack if something changes before damage calc. The Material Monsters are any combination of 2 of level 1, 2, or 3 Normal Monsters, and level 2 effect monsters. Such as Level 1 Normal + Level 3 Normal, or Level 3 Normal + Level 2 Effect.

Card Suggestion:

Solitary Dragon
2000/700
If you control another Monster, send this card to the Graveyard during the End Phase.

Card Suggestion:

Ambush Spider
1400/1900
If this card in Defense Position survives Damage Calculation, destroy the Monster it battled and draw a card.

Card Suggestion:

Chronoeater
1500/0
FLIP: The turn player cannot conduct their Main Phase 2 this turn. If this card is flipped during the Main Phase 2, banish it face-down and draw 2 cards.

I feel this one is most likely to need explaining. It's a fun thing to run that can make your opponent considering setting cards before attacking to avoid ending their turn with no backrow, but if you manage to avoid it getting flipped at all until you can flip it next MP2, you get 2 cards out of it! It banishes itself face-down so its effect cannot be used more often to prevent Decks abusing it as a draw engine since it's basically unrecoverable.

Card Suggestion:

Charged Stormcloud
1400/1800
When this card is changed to Defense Position, target a Monster; Sunder the target by 900.

Card Suggestion:

Playful Pixies
100/1600
When this card is changed to Defense Position, gain 1000 Life Points. When a player gains Life Points, this card gains 300 DEF. If this card inflicts Battle Damage, change the Battle Position of 1 card on the field except 'Playful Pixies'.

Card Suggestion:

Crankwheel Cannon
Continuous Spell
During each of your End Phases and when a card changes Battle Position, add 1 Crank Counter to this card. You can target 1 Monster; remove Crank counters equal to half its level (rounded up) and destroy the target. You can only control 1 "Crankwheel Cannon."

Stumbling/Labyrinth of Nightmare Deck possibilities?

Chef of Heaven's Banquet:

Accept. It is pretty much the opposite approach of Zolga, where instead of the Tributed monster being +LP, it is the Tribute Summoned one. Maybe even both of them could co-exist here xD 

Serenity Flow of Battle:

Accept. Fair enough. Gain LP at the expense of your own attacks OR negates attacks if really necessary. The card is also flexible enough, but I don't think we have Level 3 or lower vanillas currently. I think we could work in that once we have enough data to make them useful by their stats alone.... or we could import some.

Solidarity Dragon:
Stand-alone threat, I like it but its removal being delayed is kind of a weak drawback because it is fairly easy to make pushes with, to keep, and then to make bigger monsters with once it is unsafe for it to stay. You have time before it dies after all.

Ambush Spider:
Wow is that mean. Isn't this one kind of stronger than Snowman Eater (yeah I'm aware this one requires being attacked)? Too many of it mean your opponent would be too wary to jump into battle so I suppose it is a potential tech at 1 or 2 when used. So I'm willing to Accept it but think it is a tad strong.

Chronoeater:
Accept.

Charged Stormcloud:
Accept. Definitely. Clown control is a pretty fun deck IRL (or was) so I'm all for a counterpart with the chance of not destroying in one go but also with better stats.

Playful Pixies:

Question: Why "except Playful Pixies"? I'm all for accepting the card but I think it would be cool that it hits for 100 and then switches to Defense Position.

If you wanna prevent that gaining you 1000 LP and increasing its DEF, you could say "except by its own effect" on the first effect.

I suppose it doesn't make much of a difference, but it'd be cool. I Accept either way, just throwing that idea out there.

Crankwheel Cannon:

Not rejecting, but I'm not sure I can currently think too clearly about this card xD

@Solidarity Dragon:

Was originally a 2200 ATK & sent to Graveyard instantly when you had another monster, but that felt probably weak. I could bring that version back, since he can at least set up for 1-tributes easily?

@Ambush Spider:

It's definitely a scary thing if your opponent attacks it with a weak beater, but compared to Snowman Eater, it can only target the thing that attacked it and requires to survive. Note it should never kill a boss unless you have some trap to play around with to keep it alive. It's largely a card to make the choice of if it's worth attacking a face-down card into more of a choice. 

@Pixies:

Not sure why that clause is there. I think I was worried about it looping and totally didn't pay attention to the condition to activate the position change. I'll remove that. I blame sleep deprivation. 

EDIT:

Oh, @New Mantle:

I like this version a lot more. It does a lot of stuff and seems to make choices happen. Happy to Accept.

All good on the TCG imports?

So, there is still some open suggestions to Level 4 Fiend monsters? I may try some of my old ones.

Card Suggestion:

Possessed Dark Prince / DARK / Level 4
Fiend / Effect
Cannot change its Battle Position. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can reveal 1 Level 4 or lower DARK monster in your hand; send cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard equal to that monsters' Level, then Special Summon that monster.
ATK/ 1800 DEF/ 0

Card Suggestion:

Possessed Asmodeus / DARK / Level 4
Fiend / Effect
Cannot be banished. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can banish 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard that has a Level; add 1 DARK monster from your Deck to your hand with Level equal to or lower than the banished monster's Level.

2 cards from my old Possessed Set, but with effects redone and nerfed. Since there are only two spots left, I'll just suggest these guys because they have more sinergy with DARK cards than the others that I've done. Will try to make some Fiend support Spell late.

@Griffin: What are those CONTEST CARD? I'm interested on that, as a judge or competitor, if there is any space I can fill in.

So, there is still some open suggestions to Level 4 Fiend monsters? I may try some of my old ones.

Card Suggestion:

Fiend / Effect
Cannot change its Battle Position. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can reveal 1 Level 4 or lower DARK monster in your hand; send cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard equal to that monsters' Level, then Special Summon that monster.
ATK/ 1800 DEF/ 0

Seems strong,but 0 DEF means super vulnerable to some things in this format. Maybe the cards from the Deck should be banished, since Grave has a habit of being a bonus and 1800 ATK means something in this format moreso than the TCG. The cannot-change-position includes card effects?

Card Suggestion:

Fiend / Effect
Cannot be banished. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can banish 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard that has a Level; add 1 DARK monster from your Deck to your hand with Level equal to or lower than the banished monster's Level.

ATK/DEF? Depending on those, I think this could be solid. I'd say 1600 or 1700 ATK, since it needs a chance to run over things, but a +1ing effect like that means it can't be at the 1800 level. 

2 cards from my old Possessed Set, but with effects redone and nerfed. Since there are only two spots left, I'll just suggest these guys because they have more sinergy with DARK cards than the others that I've done. Will try to make some Fiend support Spell late.

@Griffin: What are those CONTEST CARD? I'm interested on that, as a judge or competitor, if there is any space I can fill in.

CONTEST CARD means we decided to pick that card with a card contest. Here's the first of the contests, ~15 hours left in it.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/327383-ydf-designer-contest-series-1-the-armys-commander/

Judging will be posting the submitted cards in this thread, everyone talking about them for a day or two, then me picking a winner based on that discussion.

Also, note, you can submit level 4 Fiends outside of those slots, but we want a minimum of those Fiends to make it a playable Deck.

Yes at the Possessed Dark Prince, but mind telling me why would it be that vulnerable? Still has to read all the cards already submitted. And the milling cards was supposed to be a "false" cost, as most DARK monsters like the Graveyard and that archtype meant to be played using the Graveyard as a resource. But yeah, I don't how this format is going and what cards would benefit from being in the Grave so banish the cards is reasobable.

And about the Asmodeus, originally it was 1900 ATK, but I think 1700 is good enough. Or maybe a higher ATK but only be able to search for Level 4 or lower monsters?

It's vulnerable to Sunder, a new keyword/mechanic we have for is sunder: Sunder <target> by X - {Reduce the ATK and DEF of target by X. If the DEF of the target is 0 after this effect, destroy the target.} Sunder can be used on targets with 0 ATK &/or DEF. If used on a target with 0 ATK, DEF is still reduced. If used on a target with 0 DEF it will be destroyed.

Anything 4 and lower with a solidly positive effect should generally be below 1800 in this format. Dark Prince is pushing it, especially with sending to the Graveyard. I'd say either remove the sending, change it to banishing, reduce ATK, & possibly make it unable to be set in addition to one of those, so the battle position thing feels more meaningful.

I'm fine with the new version of Mantle so still accepting it.

I'm fine with the TCG imports as well. Stumbling will become a great disruption tool. If anything, Marauding is questionable because it may enable swarms, but wouldn't hurt to see it being played first and then evaluate its impact.

@Zeaux: Yes, 1700 should be fine. Basically, Level4 monsters with 1800+ ATK and a positive effect (searching, removal, etc.) are not a thing in this format.

Ok, cool thing that sunder is. Took the advice and modified both of them a little. Hope they are better now.

Card Suggestion:

Fiend / Effect
Cannot change its Battle Position. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can reveal 1 Level 4 or lower DARK monster in your hand; send 1 DARK monster with the same Level but different name as the revealed monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon the revealed monster.
ATK/ 1600 DEF/ 400

Card Suggestion:

Fiend / Effect
Cannot be banished. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can banish 1 Level 4 or lower DARK monster from your Graveyard that has a Level; add 1 DARK monster from your Deck to your hand with Level equal to or lower than the banished monster's Level.
ATK/ 1700 DEF/ 800

EDIT: I was planning to make all of them with a "Cannot" drawback in the start of the effect, thats why both of them has this kind of drawback.

We could make some sort of distinction about position changing on cards from now on. My suggestion:

This card's position cannot be manually changed. 

Meaning your normal change that you are allowed to do once per turn.

Effects cannot change this card's position.

Self-explanatory.

This card's position cannot change.

Meaning both of the above.

I mean IRL the game just applies to the manual change so there is no way to interrupt effect change unless a continuous effect like Final Attack Orders is actively moving them to Attack Position, but here I think we could play a little bit with it if needed.

What are your thoughts on this? We might or might not need this, though.

I like those wordings. They seem clear, although some people might mistake the last for the first, since as you mentioned I think that's what the TCG does.

After I post the contest entries tomorrow morning, I'm also going to post all unaccepted cards from pages 2 to 4. I think we're getting close to finishing the set - next weekend I'm going to look at Devpro and Duel Portal in detail and see which would be better for this.

Level Destructor
Level 3/Machine?/DARK/Effect
Twice per turn: You can increase or decrease this card's level by 1. You can send this card from your side of the field to the Graveyard: Destroy 1 monster your opponent controls with the same level as this card.
ATK: 1400 DEF: 1100

I like those wordings. They seem clear, although some people might mistake the last for the first, since as you mentioned I think that's what the TCG does.

After I post the contest entries tomorrow morning, I'm also going to post all unaccepted cards from pages 2 to 4. I think we're getting close to finishing the set - next weekend I'm going to look at Devpro and Duel Portal in detail and see which would be better for this.

True, I think I could change it to something along the lines of:

This card's position cannot change manually or by effects.

I'm a little uninspired for card making as of right now, and partly I don't really know what we have on the set because of how fast it has been adding up.

So I think I'll go over what the current list has and give it a grammar fix to the best of my abilities (hopefully this time I can, I was already progressing on it and my internet tabs all suddenly closed, so I'm basically starting again).

Bold = Name

Red = Fix

Blue = Comments

Semi-Heavy Storm:

[Normal Spell]

Your opponent selects and destroys Spell and Trap Cards they control until they control 2 or less Spell and Trap Cards.

The word "selects" is just a suggestion to make it safe that the opponent is supposed to have control over which cards are gone or if they stay at 2 or 1 S/T.

The 2 is because it has to be put in number form.

Local Hurricane:

[Normal Spell]

Target 1 Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls; destroy it. Your opponent can negate this effect, but if they do, you draw 2 cards.

Problem Solving Card Text. I'll be using it for these fixes. This is how it is structured in a shell:

Non-continuous effects = Condition/timing > Colon > (Start with capital) Cost/targeting > semi-colon > effect.

If an effect doesn't require a target/condition/timing/cost/etc. That structure basically ditches the section that it lacks so it can be from Condition: Effect to Targeting; effect, too.

I changed some periods for commas (basically). That's about it.....

Damages & Compensation:

[Normal Spell]

Target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy it and if you do, draw 1 card if the monster was Level/Rank 5 or 6, draw 2 cards if the monster was Level/Rank 7 or 8, or draw 3 cards if the monster was Level/Rank 9 or more.

I pretty much completely re-worded that one. Other than the semi-colon and the capital/lowercase letters, everything else is more of a suggestion.

Restock:

[Normal Spell]

During your next Standby Phase, if you have less cards in your hand than your opponent, draw cards until you have as many cards in your hand as your opponent.

A bit of a redundant text. You can eliminate it and the card won't work any different.

Guardian Spirits:
[Normal Spell]

Special Summon a monster(s) from your Graveyard such that after this effect resolves, you do not control more monsters than your opponent, and your monsters' total Level is not greater than your opponents' (treat Rank as Level for this effect. Then, it becomes your End Phase.

"Special" wasn't there.

"is resolved"     >     "resolves"

"have . . . . . on your side of the field"     >     "controls"

Level/Rank goes capitalized, but I think the lowercase one I saw was more of a typo than anything else. Any word can be capitalized if it starts a sentence or goes after a colon, but "monster" is not inherently capitalized.

"becomes" IDK it feels more natural this way to me.

Btw, is the card supposed to not target anything that it revives?

Servant's Retribution:

[Normal Spell]

Target 1 monster from your opponent's Graveyard; Special Summon it, and if the monster is not Level 4 or lower, your opponent draws 1 card. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this card. You cannot draw cards for the rest of this turn.

Re-arranged the effects because the first and last were directly correlated to when the effect resolves, while the 2 in the middle were just secondary things. Also, added that you target the monster it revives. The "the turn you activate this card" is more of an optional thing.

Staff of Necromancy:
[Equip Spell]

Doesn't really have grammar issues. It can only have wording suggestions like:

When you activate this card, banish 1 monster from your Graveyard. The equipped monster gains half that banished monster's ATK, and its Level becomes equal to the banished monster's.

Quickdraw Shield:

The equipped monster gains 500 DEF. When the equipped monster battles: You can change it to Defense Position before damage calculation. During either player's turn: You can banish 1 card from your hand to target 1 face-up monster you control; equip this card from your Graveyard to the target, but if you do, banish this card when it leaves the field.

I pretty much reworded everything. The previous version wasn't wrong, I just updated the wording style.

Oracle of Minds:

LIGHT Rank 3 [Psychic / Xyz / Effect] 800/2200

2 Level 3 monsters

During your opponent's Standby Phase: You can reveal 1 random card from your opponent's hand. During your opponent's End Phase: You can name 1 card name, and if the named card is in their hand, you draw 1 card, but if not, detach 1 Xyz Material from this card or destroy it.

"Reveal" applies for having all players (usually 2) know the card. So does "excavate" should we ever use it (though I'm not a fan of the keyword "excavate" personally). "Look" is for only 1 player getting that knowledge. "Name" is not really used at all in the game, but "declare" doesn't have derivatives that really make a difference like "look/reveal/excavate/etc" does, and it is soooooo much shorter, so just throwing that suggestion there.

Lancer Cavalier:

EARTH Rank 5 [Beast-Warrior / Xyz / Effect] 2400/1900

2 Level 5 monsters

It's perfect as is. I'll just post the effect here anyways in case somebody is looking at the list here but it is gonna be completely unchanged:

If this card battles a Level 6 or higher monster: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; this card gains 1000 ATK during damage calculation only.

I'm gonna pause it here now that I've revised 10 cards (before my internet acts up again) and pick it back up in a little bit.

First things first, here's the contest entries:

[spoiler='Alicia the Sword Princess']
doJbYhd.jpg
You can also Tribute Summon this card by Tributing 1 Warrior-Type monster. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 Equip Spell Card from your Graveyard or that is banished into the Deck, then target 1 face-up Warrior-Type monster you control; it gains 600 ATK until the end of this turn.
[/spoiler]

Name: Tactical Soothsayer
Level: 7
Attribute: LIGHT
Type: Psychic/Effect
Effect: If this card is Tribute Summoned or Flip Summoned: Change this card to Defense Position. Whenever a Warrior monster you control attacks, Sunder the defending monster by 100 x its Level/Rank.
ATK: 1200
DEF: 2700

Not all monsters must have complicated effects.

[spoiler='Galardoun the Tempest Wall']
dRutQIB.jpg
Galardoun the Tempest Wall
WIND [Warrior/Effect]
Level 8     2400/2000
Can be Normal Summoned with less Tributes by banishing that many Warrior-Type monsters in your Graveyard. Once per turn during either player's turn, except during the Main phase: You can target 1 other monster you control that would be destroyed; it is not destroyed.

Trying to unify Warriors as a single strategy a little bit more because to be honest, their synergy needs it. We so far have:
A wall that redirects 1 attack per turn
An Exiled Force for Spell/Trap Cards
An ATK boost that asks for setup and destroys the monster
A monster that copies its own Sunder/boost into another monster
Plus imports: Necro Gardna, Little Wingard, Zombire, Dark Blade, Max Warrior.

The flavor is that the commander does what he can to keep his numbers high and so as long as his soldiers abide by his strategy and heed his orders/instructions, their chances of surviving the war are higher. This line is pretty much inspired by a part of the song "I'll make a man out of you".

-It prevents the End Phase destruction of Drillmaster Xanian's boost, protects the monster Summoned by Rallying Horn, makes Shield-Bearer Tonli annoying, and overall helps keep field presence.
-The effects only works on 1 OTHER monster and only once per turn, and is not live during the Main Phase so the typical spell speed 1 removal effects all bypass it, but it can protect any monster (not just Warriors). However you do need a Warrior-related setup to be able to Summon it Tributeless.
-Yes, if it would be destroyed simultaneously with the monster it is trying to protect, it does die but it does protect the other monster.
-Can it protect from Sunder destruction? If X Sunder effect is done during the Main Phase: No, otherwise yes.
-It is somewhat weak for a Level 8, but it can also be a very cheap 2400 ATK beater so it is hopefully still respectable enough.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Warrior Protector]

">http://wTb3I4c.jpg

This card can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 1 WATER Attribute Warrior-Type Monster. Once per turn, during either player's turn (except during the Damage Step): You can target 1 face-up Warrior monster card you control; once during this turn, it cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects. During the End Phase, tribute 1 Warrior monster or destroy this card.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Black Knight Cavalry]hRYzsdU.jpg
Once per turn, you can target 1 Warrior-Type monster you control, except "Cavalry Black Knight"; this turn, that monster can attack directly, but your opponent takes no battle damage from battles involving other monsters this turn.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Chevalier Lieutenant']

QMI38Ti.jpg

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by tributing 1 face-up Warrior-Type monster you control equipped with a Equip Spell Card. When Summoned this way: Target 1 Equip Spell Card in your Graveyard and 1 appropriate monster on the field; equip that Equip Spell Card to that appropriate monster. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn: You can destroy 1 face-up Equip Spell Card you control, and if you do, Warrior-Type monsters you control cannot be destroyed by your opponent's cards this turn. You can only control 1 "Chevalier Lieutenant".

The text became too long but the effect is pretty much only two. A part of it is how it can be Summoned with ease: tribute 1 warrior equipped with a equip. You lose 2 to summon 1, but his makes up for it: just target 1 equip in your graveyard (even the one that got destroyed) and equip it to one appropriate monster you want to.

FLAVOR:

To support the warriors, here is why he is the Chevalier Lieutenant: He gives up his armament (Destroy 1 Equip Spell Card) to protect his comrades (Warrior-Type monsters cannot be destroyed by your opponent's cards this turn).

[/spoiler]

My initial thoughts on them are that Lieutenant is too strong, stopping all destruction. Black Knight Cavalry is too weak, since when you want to direct attack you'd rather do it by filling the deck slot with removal to get to direct. Warrior Protector is too specific, although we could consider it without the 'WATER Attribute' part, and then it's considerable and not a bad entry. Soothsayer is simple in effect, but also feels simple in what interactions it makes and just isn't interesting for a boss. Alicia and Galardoun seem like the two in the running to win, to me. Gala has Sleepy's nice explanation text. Even if you consider Alicia using only Rallying Horn and Axe of Dispair, you can see some serious use coming out of it. I feel the current card pool leaves space for a really powerful Supply Force/Rallying Horn combo Deck that draws fast and floods the field to defend Supply Force.

Discuss the cards, so we can work towards deciding a final winner.

Backstab and Morphing Mantle added, along with some new TCG imports mentioned earlier (+3 normal monsters).

Cards since last post not yet added:

Re-FLIP
Quick-Play Spell Card
Target 1 face-up Flip Monster You control: Activate its Filp effect. During the End Phase: destroy that card.

(rejected due to Magician of Faith loop)

Whirlpool Mouth
Aqua | WATER | Level 4
During each of your End Phases: Place 1 "Whirlpool" counter on this card. When a monster is Summoned: You can remove any number of Whirlpool counters from your side of the field; Sunder it by 400 for each.
[ 1200 / 600 ]

(felt a tiny bit too weak)

Chef of Heaven's Banquet
2300/2200

Serenity, Flow of Battle
WATER/Fairy/XYZ/Rank 2
1000/1000
2 level 2 monsters
You can substitute level 1 or 3 Normal Monsters for any of this card's XYZ Material. This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each Normal Monster attached to it as an XYZ Material. Once per turn, during either player's turn, before damage calculation, you can negate 1 attack. That Monster's owner gains Life Points equal to the ATK of the attacking Monster. If this card is destroyed as a result of battle, Special Summon 1 of its XYZ Materials and gain Life Points equal to its ATK. 

Solitary Dragon
2000/700

Ambush Spider
1400/1900

Chronoeater
1500/0
FLIP: The turn player cannot conduct their Main Phase 2 this turn. If this card is flipped during the Main Phase 2 or End Phase, banish it face-down and draw 2 cards.

Charged Stormcloud
1400/1800

Playful Pixies
100/1600
When this card is changed to Defense Position, gain 1000 Life Points. When a player gains Life Points, this card gains 300 DEF. If this card inflicts Battle Damage, change the Battle Position of 1 card on the field.

Crankwheel Cannon
Continuous Spell

Down with Me
Normal Trap

Possessed Dark Prince
DARK / Level 4 / Fiend / Effect
Cannot change its Battle Position. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can reveal 1 Level 4 or lower DARK monster in your hand; send 1 DARK monster with the same Level but different name as the revealed monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon the revealed monster.
ATK/ 1600 DEF/ 400

Possessed Asmodeus
DARK / Level 4 / Fiend / Effect
Cannot be banished. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can banish 1 Level 4 or lower DARK monster from your Graveyard that has a Level; add 1 DARK monster from your Deck to your hand with Level equal to or lower than the banished monster's Level.
ATK/ 1700 DEF/ 800

Level Destructor
Level 3/Machine?/DARK/Effect
Twice per turn: You can increase or decrease this card's level by 1. You can send this card from your side of the field to the Graveyard: Destroy 1 monster your opponent controls with the same level as this card.
ATK: 1400 DEF: 1100

(recent card from this page, after the ATK fix, I'll Accept it.)

Most of those were from my super-dump of cards near the end of the last page. Most cards here are also one accept from getting in.

Some card suggestions:

Multi-Gene Mutant

Light Psychic Lvl 4

1700 Atk 1200 Def

This card is always treated as all types.

I don't what to do the Atk of this card but this concept amuses me and it could be used to supplement types if they need a generic beater, plus it can use all the support:).

Vishap Attendant

Wind Dragon Lvl 3

1200 Atk 1100 Def

This card gains the following effects depending of the Lvl of the highest lvl Dragon-type monster you control:

Lvl 4:This card counts as 2 tributes for the tribute summon of a Dragon-type monster

Lvl 5-6:This card gain 600 Atk and If you control another monster, your opponent cannot target this card for an attack.

Lvl 7+:This card gains 1300 Atk, Piercing and If you control another monster, your opponent cannot target this card for an attack.

Fairly simple, just designed to be weak on it's own, but support the larger dragons. Btw, the effects do not stack if people are wondering.

Wyvern Lich Lord

Dark Zombie Lvl 8

2400 Atk 3000 Def

This card is always treated as a Dragon-Type monster. You can Normal Summon Dragon and Zombie Type Monsters from your graveyard. If you would Tribute Summon a Monster this way, you may Tribute Cards from your hand instead.

A type crossover, which I think seems fitting in both types. Otherwise not much to say.

Violent Swarm

Earth Insect Lvl 5

1000 Atk 1000 Def

You must tribute Insect-type monsters to Tribute Summon this card.

This card cannot be used as Material for a Tribute,Synchro or Ritual Summon.

Neither player takes battle damage from battles involving this card. When this card battles an opponent's monsters, Sunder that monster equal to this card's current attack.

When this card is Normal Summoned. Special Summon up to 4 "Swarm Tokens" (Insect-Type/Earth/Level 5/ATK 1000/DEF 1000). They have "This card cannot used as Material for a Tribute,Synchro or Ritual Summon. Neither player takes battle damage from battles involving this card. When this card battles an opponent's monsters, Sunder that monster equal to this card's current attack."

This is supposed to embody the idea of insect swarm, needless to say. Not sure if this is too strong. It could also make token copies of itself i.e.(When this card is Normal summoned, Special summon 4 tokens that are copies of this card) to save space, but idk if that is a viable effect as far as rules and such go.

Hellrush Hippogriff

Fire Winged-Beast Lvl 8

2800 Atk 2500 Def

If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate any Spell/Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step. When this Card attack, return all Face-Down Spell/Trap Cards to the opponent's hand.

Giant Anti-Backrow Designed to clear the way for the rest of your attackers. Deliberatly made it not a Dragon.

I'm fine with Sleepy's suggestions on the new wording for Psotion swtiching. I mean, we don't exactly need them because the current TCG wording/OCG should be clear enough, but I wouldn't mind having them either since it makes the card texts shorter.

I agree with Alicia and Galardoun being the best candidates. If I had to pick, I would go for Alicia since it encourages the use of Warriors + Equips, which in a way is flavorful because it is a recurring concept in TCG (e.g. Ben Kei, Noble Knights, Dragonic Attack/Lightning Blade, Gearfrieds, Gildord the Legend). Galardoun is also good and flavorful in YDF format as Sleepy explained, but at the same time, it feels that it doesn't pack a punch as Alicia; although dropping a 2400 ATk beater with no Tribute costs is cool.

But if it is possible, I would like to take both.

Anyways, comments on a few of the latest cards:

Ambush Spider

I think it is too good a 1900-DEF wall that destroy sthe attacking monster AND gives you a card draw on a succesful block. I suggest to either drop the DEF, or remove the destruction effect.

Chronoeater

This one looks fun. Accepting it because I want to see what it can do. Hopefulyl it won't be abused by stall cards such as Stumbling, etc.

Solitary Dragon

I'm fine with this one. Reminds me of the recently imported "Cave Dragon". Accepting it.

Chef of Heaven's Banquet

Not sure of this one. Usually investing on LP (eg. running heal cards such as Dian Keto) is not recommended because LP normally doesn't generate card advantage, but when a 2300-ATK body gives you 2000 LP... it feels like a deal that it may be a bit too good. Plus it works on any kind of Summon so in theory you could revive this or Special Summon it through other means and get the 2K LP. On the other hand, I doubt players would be willing to main this just to increase their LP bulk; if anything, I see players teching 1 unless an EARTH/Fairy beater gets support from the deck.

Whirlpool Mouth

Too weak and slow in my opinion.

Stormclouth

Pixies

Crankwheel

Accepting them. Curious to see of how effective they would be in a Stumbling Deck.

Archived