Magic Set Editor Templates: Updated to Series 9

Judαs

yu_gi_oh__series_9_magic_set_editor__mse

add-on for MSE version

(on the top right, click on the 'download' button)

or download the standalone exe version

High quality examples (for v1.0, slightly outdated)

Installation:
Install Magic Set Editor 2 if you haven't already.
Copy the folders into your MSE directory and overwrite anything and everything. (If you're using the old Yu-Gi-Oh templates, it should not break them, but make a backup just in case.)

*new in v1.1:
-Standalone version included (unRAR and run mse.exe). some fonts have been added so install them too just in case.
-Pendulum cards are now available in all 3 sizes.
-Many new style settings added:
---Disable the foil textures at will, no need to edit the 'style' file
---Make the text and type larger separately.
---Disable the Eye of Anubis hologram
---Can make text fill the entire box vertically (use Enter key to space it out)
---Center the pendulum effect text, like in some cards.
-Eye of Anubis hologram better quality
-The 'bar' on monster cards above ATK/DEF was made less dark
-Font sizes fixed to be closer to original
-Legendary dragon updated.

*from v1.0:
-All card frames updated, and fit to 421x614 pixels
-Many icons updated (rank, level, attribute)
-Rarity text styles updated
-Pendulum cards have transparency
-Optional Style setting for pendulum card transparency disabling changes image size.)
-Missing card types added (Dark Synchro, Ra, Obelisk, Slifer, Legendary Dragon)
-Optional setting to have a larger text size for monster type (e.g. Shaddoll Beast)
-Some of the full card foils have been updated to look better, new ultra rare foil

Bugs and Limitations:
-You can't manually type the slash in card types. Hover the mouse around the type and click on the drop down arrows to select the type/subtype 1/subtype 2/subtype 3 instead.
-Magic Set Editor butchers image quality occasionally. It's an inherent problem, google for workarounds.
-Because a lot of the text fitting is automatic, don't expect 100% accurate results, but it has been thoroughly tested with many official cards.

Couldn't have done it without the hard work already done by these guys,
Magic Set Editor 2.0 Plus Pendulum by Order-Sol
Series 9 Card Proxy Template by grezar

• 2 weeks later...

the thing is that the atk and def run into their respective labels (for me at least don't know about anyone else) when i go into the 1000s. the quality is f***ing awesome tho. also the name is up a bit too far and it goes out of the box. 

nIcQndz.jpg

You should really install the fonts that came with the template, "cuz gurl, dem fontz be ugly as hell."

Makes enough of a difference for me to notice, so that is a thing.

Well, you can always use Photoshop if it matters you that much. I like this because it (literally) is 10x faster- you can shell out cards in seconds, no kidding. Really useful for managing proxies and everything.

It's also fun to have all your cards in one place, easily editable.

fixed it up. don't mind me. thanks for this awesome template judas. and thanks for helping with the whole font thing zaziuma. sorry for the inconvenience 

It's no problem, thank you. :D

Well, you can always use Photoshop if it matters you that much. I like this because it (literally) is 10x faster- you can shell out cards in seconds, no kidding. Really useful for managing proxies and everything.

It's also fun to have all your cards in one place, easily editable.

It's no problem, thank you. :D

I like the convinience too but I would rather have better quality than a faster work flow, and I have gotten pretty fast in Photoshop anyway so I can do it pretty fast.

To the weird folks wondering about it being near professional quality, thats because it is. Most card designs use a strict template. MSE just facilitates this.

To Judas... I'm downright jealous and impressed. If I were a CC moderator still, I'd easily give you permission to post this and any other templates you make or run by me for card games in the main CC Board (currently Advanced). I had used this twice already for posting and forgot to say thank you. So... thank you.

Um.. I have a little problem with this program. I came across it on Deviant Art while looking for pictures here.

So basically I'm in a pickle as to how to use this program properly. I feel really dumb too because it looks like nobody else seems to have the same problems i do :s

If anybody would be able to help me, I'd be grateful. [I am using the Standalone Version]

For whatever reason I can't seem to give any respective spells/trap cards the Field/Continuous/etc symbol. 

I recently found out (after pasting the picture Q_Q) That typing " * " into the "??" space gives levels/ranks so I'm assuming there's a similar code for the others?

[Edit: Found that Ctrl + Number Keys will give the rest, unless I'm missing something]

The text font definitely does not match the original Yu-Gi-Oh matrix font. I'm not sure how to change the font..

Sorry if I really do seem clueless but I'd appreciate some help. 

Here's an image of what's going on in my end.

d834f4412d066396edad4580989e2226.png

Um.. I have a little problem with this program. I came across it on Deviant Art while looking for pictures here.

So basically I'm in a pickle as to how to use this program properly. I feel really dumb too because it looks like nobody else seems to have the same problems i do :s

If anybody would be able to help me, I'd be grateful. [I am using the Standalone Version]

For whatever reason I can't seem to give any respective spells/trap cards the Field/Continuous/etc symbol. 

I recently found out (after pasting the picture Q_Q) That typing " * " into the "??" space gives levels/ranks so I'm assuming there's a similar code for the others?

[Edit: Found that Ctrl + Number Keys will give the rest, unless I'm missing something]

The text font definitely does not match the original Yu-Gi-Oh matrix font. I'm not sure how to change the font..

Sorry if I really do seem clueless but I'd appreciate some help. 

Here's an image of what's going on in my end.

d834f4412d066396edad4580989e2226.png

You need to install the fonts that come with it.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for this. This is literally awesome. I spend 2 hours on the forum searching for MSE versions until I found this one and Im thankful that you made it. Nevertheless I´ve got 2 minor problems with it and although I tried to look in the program code and edit it, I am too bad at this to help myself with this. So Im asking for a little bit advice here:
1.  Pendulum Xyz that are included in the version by Order-Sol that you linked are not available here and I dont know which places I need to edit to move them from Ordel-Sols version to this. 
2. No Numberst in circles, except 2 and 3 are working. Both Alt Gr and Alt+Ctrl are just working with 2 and 3 and when I tried to edit them into onther symbols I somehow managed to crash the whole program.

Anyways thanks for the great work and I would appreciate help for my problems :) 

• 3 months later...

1.  Pendulum Xyz that are included in the version by Order-Sol that you linked are not available here and I dont know which places I need to edit to move them from Ordel-Sols version to this. 

I too was wondering where the Pendulum Xyz is. It would be nice to have it. Anyway, thanks for this.

Archived