[MtG] [FRF] Lightform

Rodrigo

Probably the only manifest card that is actually going to be considered. Having two relevant keywords and the chance to flip a dude is pretty good in midrangey lists as a matchup breaker.

Thing is, each manifest card is AT LEAST a +0 since manifesting is card advantage. It surely won't be the only one, just saying.

Thing is, each manifest card is AT LEAST a +0 since manifesting is card advantage. It surely won't be the only one, just saying.

I'm not really sold on that quite yet. There's a lot of random chance involved in maintaining most other manifested cards if you're playing outside of green, and even with Courser + scry letting you set up, you have to hope you can get around to flipping relevant things.

I'm giving this a pass because flying and lifelink are strong enough effects that I'm willing to slide it under any sort of card, no matter if I'm missing out on a Sarkhan or Elspeth or something.

Think of it this way: if all the manifest cards said "put a 2/2 token into play", would you play them? People think you ALWAYS need to be able to flip the manifested card, while most of the time, a 2/2 stapled to other effects is really good. And if you ADD the possibilites of it being a better card, then yeah, it's ridiculous.

Think of it this way: if all the manifest cards said "put a 2/2 token into play", would you play them? People think you ALWAYS need to be able to flip the manifested card, while most of the time, a 2/2 stapled to other effects is really good. And if you ADD the possibilites of it being a better card, then yeah, it's ridiculous.

If it's just a 2/2 token, not especially? There's a lot more risk than, say, the living weapons of Scars block.

The only thing I found interesting about manifest is the prospect of making lands in later portions of the game not dead draws. But that really only applies in the late game, and there are much better things you could be doing maindeck, or even board, at this moment in time. Let alone the fact that while one can continually argue manifest provides more acceleration in non-blue colors, whiffing can really suck in this metagame when you lose particular cards.

Example: I'd rather have that Anger of the Gods than have Rageform manifest it.

Archived