[Finished][SCS 10] Showcase 2015 [Not Accepting / Judging)

Welcome to SCS 10, and hope you all are having a good start to 2015.

To open the new year, let's have you design a card based on yourselves.

It appears that some other users are designing you as cards in their own creations; how do you see yourself portrayed?

Requirement

Design a card based on yourself; that's it. 

Whether you choose to design yourself as a monster card or a Spell/Trap is irrelevant.

Deadline

January 17th, 2015 @ 11 pm Hawaiʻi Standard Time (GMT-10)

If you need help determining what time it'll be in your area when deadline hits, use this converter.

(Select USA - Hawaii - Honolulu in the "convert to" area)

For safety, you may wish to submit it by the same time in your respective timezones (if it proves less confusing).

Rules

[spoiler=Standard Stuff]

1. Card must be based on you; that's it. Whatever you do with the other parts is your call.

Should have your username in there. If you change it often, just use a name that people associate you with.

2. Entries must be your own. If you are caught using someone else's entry, you'll be DQed (and possibly warned for ripping). If your card is being used w/out permission, please PM me with proof.

3. Post your card's lore underneath the card. It makes it easier for the judges & myself to read the effects, correct OCG and show any such corrections if you request us to do so. (Just copy/paste the card lore from the generator, and you will not need to manually type it a second time).

4. Written Cards are allowed, but if you do, must be written in text format.

5. Check over your card before submitting it (OCG/grammar, card stats/effect).

While I will allow you to fix minor details before the deadline, you should've already designed it as a final product. If you make any edits, you need to notify me (either in the thread or a PM). Minor details mean fixing OCG/spelling errors and small aesthetic changes.

You may not completely change your entry.

6. Entries must be new.

7. Use card types, Attributes, ATK/DEF that exist in the actual TCG/OCG.

Fake Types/Attributes/stats are not allowed; neither are DIVINE / Divine-Beast and Creator Gods.

There shouldn't be much reason to deviate from the 23 legal Types in the game; cards should fit into one of them.

8. Entries are expected to have some degree of effort put into designing them.

Blatantly OPed cards and/or ones that lack any noticeable effort will not be accepted.

9. If you make cards outside of the YCM generator (Yugico, MSE, self template, w/e), make sure that you are able to link to them on the front page. It's advisable you make the card here since it's easier to post cards.

In the case of Pendulums, use Tinypic or w/e image host you use to upload the cards. DO NOT use attachments.

If YCM's generator is broken and will not generate IMG codes, just use another image host.

10. Unless you plan to enter / help with the judging or ask about contest-related things, please don't post in this thread.

11. Regular YCM Rules apply.

12. Submit your entries in the thread. Makes it easier for myself and other judges to read/judge your stuff.

[/spoiler]

Entry Fee

Free

Participants

1. Nai
  2. Jinx
  3. Judas
  4. lustermaker
  5. Enguin
  6. Nobility
  7. Cirrus
  8. The Progenitor
  9. Oriannis
  10. Have a Lovely Day
  11. Silenth

Bold means that I got your entries.

Judges

1. Sakura
  2. Gadjiltron

Accepting another judge.

If interested, post your criteria.

Scoring

Sakura [100]

Balance (40) - Is your card broken or can work without screwing up the gamestate?

Usability (20) - If you chose to become Archetype support, are you helping them out? How well can your card be used with others?

Creativity (20) - How did you decide to portray yourself in this card?

OCG (15) - How well did you write grammar in accordance with PSCT? Did you check any standard grammar/spelling mistakes that are looked at in standard English?

Theme/Realism (5) - Did you follow the theme, and obey standard card making principles? (Don't break the BEWD clause, use realistic stats and other things)

Prizes

1st - 500 points + 3 reps + Champion prize

2nd - 300 points + 2 reps + Runner-Up prize

3rd - 100 points + 1 rep + 3rd place prize

4th / 5th will be added if enough interest is shown.

[spoiler=Examples]

av3hdHx.png

jUFgtfN.png

cACyzny.png

EHCAsU8.png

Examples from SCS 9; pick up if you didn't do it already.

[/spoiler]

Best luck to all of you!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

XJomb6R.jpg

Pendulum Lore: You cannot Pendulum Summon a monster(s) whose Summoning Conditions (including Normal Sumoning Conditions) you cannot meet; unless you banish a face-up Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck. Once per turn: You may banish this card, If you do, immediately Special Summon a monster from you hand whose level is between this card's Pendulum Scales on the field. 

Monster Lore: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by banishing 1 or more (max. 3) Pendulum Monsters you control in your Monster Card Zones, this card's Pendulum Scale is increased by 1 for each.  If this card would be destroyed (by battle or card effect), instead of sending it to the Extra Deck, you may activate it as a Pendulum Card in on of your empty Pendulum Zones, if you do, banish this card when it would leave the field; also you cannot Pendulum Summon the turn you use this effect. 

In regard to the name: {X}enth {J}en, {I}mperial {N}emesis Dragon. The first letter of every word up to dragon is an anagram for my username. 

Makes enough sense.

I'll go ahead and note it.

Also entry posts

[spoiler=Jinx]

XJomb6R.jpg

Pendulum Lore: You cannot Pendulum Summon a monster(s) whose Summoning Conditions (including Normal Sumoning Conditions) you cannot meet; unless you banish a face-up Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck. Once per turn: You may banish this card, If you do, immediately Special Summon a monster from you hand whose level is between this card's Pendulum Scales on the field. 

Monster Lore: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by banishing 1 or more (max. 3) Pendulum Monsters you control in your Monster Card Zones, this card's Pendulum Scale is increased by 1 for each.  If this card would be destroyed (by battle or card effect), instead of sending it to the Extra Deck, you may activate it as a Pendulum Card in on of your empty Pendulum Zones, if you do, banish this card when it would leave the field; also you cannot Pendulum Summon the turn you use this effect.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Judas]

Judas_zps5510a5ae.jpg
When this card is Summoned: You can target 1 monster your
opponent controls; this turn, you can Synchro Summon using
that monster as material, as if you controlled it. When this
card is sent to the Graveyard: You lose LP equal to half the
combined ATK of all Synchro monsters you control.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Cirrus]

mQOrK1p.png

Target 1 monster you control and 1 monster your opponent controls; banish them. During the next Standby Phase, return each monster banished by this effect to the field, in face-up Attack Position or face-down Defense Position.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=lustermaker]

b7EZpb1.jpg

Each player skips his/her draw phase.  During their respective end phase, the turn player draws 1 card.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Enguin]

i9E84jb.png

When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, target one monster in either player's Graveyard: Equip it to this card as an Equip Spell. This card gains the effect of the equipped monster and cannot be destroyed by card effects. If this card would be destroyed by battle while equipped with a monster, the equipped monster is destroyed instead. When this card is targeted for an attack when it does not have a monster equipped to it, destroy it before damage calculation.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Progenitor]

Number C18: Heraldic Progenitor Marshaller

Rank 5 / LIGHT

2700 / 2500

Psychic / Xyz / Effect:

3 Level 5 Monsters
You can discard 1 card; Target 1 monster in either player's Graveyard that was originally Special Summoned from
the Extra Deck and attach it to this card as Xyz Material.  You can only use this effect of "Number C18: Heraldic Progenitor Marshaller" once per turn.  
If this card has "Number 18: Heraldic Progenitor Plain-Coat" as an Xyz material, it gains the following effect:
• Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material that was originally a monster from this card: Target 1 monster your opponent controls whose original
Type is the same as the detached material; Take control of that monster.  During the End Phase, even if you no longer control this face-up card:
Send that target and 1 monster you originally own (if any) to the respective Graveyards.

Get it?

So since Plain-Coat is based around the fact that no two Heraldic Crests in the art of Heraldry were allowed to have the same names, I thought that the Chaos version should have something to do with multiply families on the same Crest; a technique known as Marshalling.  I will link the Wikipedia for it as always, but in a nutshell Marshalling was the act of combining the Heraldic Crests of 1 or more Families, usually to symbolize an alliance or understanding between said groups.  
There is little to no information in this link on what Marshalling is compared to the information on the techniques used to symbolize a Marshall, but the Paragraph is about halfway down in this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heraldry
[/spoiler]

I made something to represent my username, does that count?
supposed to be some kind of 'traitor' effect.

Judas_zps5510a5ae.jpg

When this card is Summoned: You can target 1 monster your
opponent controls; this turn, you can Synchro Summon using
that monster as material, as if you controlled it. When this
card is sent to the Graveyard: You lose LP equal to half the
combined ATK of all Synchro monsters you control.

I'll do this, though I must say I do not know current OCG at all really so be prepared to wander through a mysterious combination of old and new phrasing. I'll make an effort to familiarise myself with it but I cannot promise success. Once I make the card I'll edit it into this post.

[spoiler=The card, hopefully]

i9E84jb.png

When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, target one monster in either player's Graveyard: Equip it to this card as an Equip Spell. This card gains the effect of the equipped monster and cannot be destroyed by card effects. If this card would be destroyed by battle while equipped with a monster, the equipped monster is destroyed instead. When this card is targeted for an attack when it does not have a monster equipped to it, destroy it before damage calculation.[/spoiler]

Question: Can I post a card that I really like? It's not a card with my username.

If you read rule 1, card should have your name in it (or least reflect it somewhat)

Use the last two entrants.

I'm joining!  Looks like fun!  Here's my card:

[spoiler='Procrastinape']b7EZpb1.jpg[/spoiler]

Your card should have your username reflected somewhere in its name, but accepted, I guess.

[spoiler=" "]mQOrK1p.png[/spoiler]

Roiling Cloudcover

Quick-Play Spell

Target 1 monster you control and 1 monster your opponent controls; banish those targets. During the next Standby Phase, return each monster banished by this effect to the field, in face-up Attack Position or face-down Defense Position.

because cirrus clouds are a type of cloud and I got my username from a comic I read when I was young. about a professor visiting a meteorology station. @_@

It's Super Rare!

Guess I'll have a crack at it

Number C18: Heraldic Progenitor Marshaller

Rank 5 / LIGHT

2700 / 2500

Psychic / Xyz / Effect:

3 Level 5 Monsters
You can discard 1 card; Target 1 monster in either player's Graveyard that was originally Special Summoned from
the Extra Deck and attach it to this card as Xyz Material.  You can only use this effect of "Number C18: Heraldic Progenitor Marshaller" once per turn.  
If this card has "Number 18: Heraldic Progenitor Plain-Coat" as an Xyz material, it gains the following effect:
• Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material that was originally a monster from this card: Target 1 monster your opponent controls whose original
Type is the same as the detached material; Take control of that monster.  During the End Phase, even if you no longer control this face-up card:
Send that target and 1 monster you originally own (if any) to the respective Graveyards.

Get it?

So since Plain-Coat is based around the fact that no two Heraldic Crests in the art of Heraldry were allowed to have the same names, I thought that the Chaos version should have something to do with multiply families on the same Crest; a technique known as Marshalling.  I will link the Wikipedia for it as always, but in a nutshell Marshalling was the act of combining the Heraldic Crests of 1 or more Families, usually to symbolize an alliance or understanding between said groups.  
There is little to no information in this link on what Marshalling is compared to the information on the techniques used to symbolize a Marshall, but the Paragraph is about halfway down in this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heraldry

Archived