[Finished][SCS 10] Showcase 2015 [Not Accepting / Judging)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Gadjiltron I believe Pendulum monsters will go to Main Deck with that last eff

Oh my, it's a shuffle effect? I misread that as a bounce to hand! Still, this difference doesn't appear to drastically change the card's functionality (very impractical to call Normal unless you're actually up against that kind of Deck, and boardwiping Pendulums that aren't Qliphorts are rare).

Well remember this Gaj, you can only detach from C18 if the monster detached has the same type as a monster your opponent controls, so unless you are facing the Mirror Match, Psychics, or you are playing some DNA Surgery build to purposely abuse this card, detaching Number 18 is not going to be easy / readily possible.

Well I'm not too up to par with my activation conditions, but I believe since it is an "and" clause, both conditions must be met, except one of them is counted for by an interjected "(if any)" clause.

Other than that I'm fairly happy with the score anyway.  The card is a bit situational except for maybe late game or, as stated, a DNA Surgery build to abuse it like Cyber Dragons abusing Fortress Dragon.

This is what I get for trying to rush things. All the scores were typed out in the span of a single morning.

Didn't notice the Type-matching restriction, which makes it more situational than Big Eye. As a result, its effect activations (and ability to loop original #18) become a fair bit less frequent which would bump up its function score a bit. Score has been revised accordingly.

@Silenth: Bolded are the errors, though most of them capitalization and stuff.

Either way, you didn't get stripped a lot of points for that.

Declare 1 Monster Card Type (Normal, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Pendulum). Monsters with the declared monster Card Type cannot declare an attack. During each of your Standby Phases: Take 500 damage for each face-up monster with the declared monster card type on the field. When this card leaves the field: Return Shuffle all monsters with the declared monster card type from the field into their owner's Deck.

A note on OCG grading:

Keep in mind that if you had a short effect, any mistakes were docked more points than those of a longer one. (Possibly 3/4 to a full point for each mistake)

In this case, I'm grading on whether/not I understand what you wrote and how well did you write the effect and all.

Essentially, longer effects carry a risk of having errors, so less points were stripped.

Capitalization mistakes count as a half one, so in usual cases, 1/4 deduction. Again, if I have doubts on stuff (especially if Konami is unclear with a lot of things), points won't be stripped.

If no one else has any final questions, guess I'll go ahead and award the prizes.

As a breakdown, here's what the combined scores are. In this instance, it's out of a joint 200 points (100 from both of us).

Nobility - 184/200

Cirrus - 180/200

Judas - 179/200

The Progenitor - 177/200

Silenth - 176/200

Enguin - 162/200

Oriannis - 160/200

Jinx - 159/200

Tinkerer - 136/200

Have a Lovely Day - 133/200

Nai - 0/200 (because lack of submission)

-----

PJjX2P9.png

OCnTTqS.png

XNisBhS.png

gSdmAJn.png

Basically, replaced the avatar space with the name of the card you won with.

Anyway, as a reminder.

Nobility gets 500 points + 3 reps

Cirrus gets 300 points + 2 reps

Judas gets 100 points + 1 rep

(Gadjiltron got a rep for his help)

I will be awarding the point prizes after the closure of this thread.

Overall, I was more/less impressed with the entries shown.

While a smaller contest than usual, thanks to all of you for entering and hopefully you all try again in SCS 11, whenever that comes about.

If you have any remarks after this post, let me know over a PM (or ask Gadj about them also).

Thanks.

Archived