[MTG] Flamewake Phoenix

Flame Dragon

Seems good for standard though. Sadly, it has a lot of competition and I'm not sure will win out until some of it leaves.

The only competition it actually has is Courser of Kruphix though, and Courser fits a different specific niche. The decks that want a recursive threat will find space for it.

I was thinking more Goblin Rabblemaster. 

Which isn't exactly wrong. The main thing about Rabble Red right now is that it's kind of hard for it to go big without having to curve into Stormbreath. This gives the deck incentive to do so and lack of interference from blockers on the ground.

I mean, I don't think it's good because you're going to see an increase in Drown in Sorrow and Anger of the Gods when this set drops to deal with the amount of decent X/2s, but that's from an analytic standpoint of someone who's looking to slow down the format rather than speed it up.

Rabble offers more of a house than this card. This card is more supportive for things that go big. On the bright side, it is triggered by that one Minotaur that comes in with +2/+0 and haste, if I recall correctly. Can't remember the name.

Archived