YCM GPT Match 7-1

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Vení aca, Vaporeon! Aquí y ahora, vos y yo combatiremos a la muerte.  

15 members have voted

1. 1. So RNG wants to see Red's generation fight in the finals. Haven't we gotten a Gen 1 remake already, or is Gary Oak THAT much of an appeal factor?

燃えろ、ウィンディくん! 栄光の炎で、お前の敵を焼却して!

Keep burning, Arcanine! Incinerate your opponent in a flame of glory!

So yeah, my vote's obvious too.

Also for being a dog (my zodiac sign) and one of my favorite Pokémon, among other things.

You haven't come this far, just to fall.

Type advantage means nothing to you; Wild Charge it down!

(insert usual crap about Vaporeon here)

Well here we are. The finals. Vaporeon was eliminated pretty early last time I think. But now it's their time to shine.

I always liked Vaporeon and it usually is what I evolved Eevee into unless I needed a certain type for my team. It's cute and an interesting design. But it's high HP and Special Attack makes it a strong Pokemon.

I stopped my string of Fire Emblem avatars to honor Vaporeon. My vote is quite obvious as well.

And to be honest while I like Arcanine never was one of my top.

Indeed, Vaporeon died in Round 1/2 last tournament, so...

Arcanine got killed by Houndoom in Round 4/5, so revenge is sweet now.

Anyway, the sizes are essentially relevant to their heights in the anime.

Vaporeon's about 3 feet; Arcanine is 6-7 feet.

Right now, 5-1 Vaporeon.

Considering a few of us consider it to be one of our least favorite Eeveelutions, it's doing well.

Then again, it's still early.

Yeah, I suspected nothing changed.

I'm still waiting for Arcanine to get a Mega Evo in the future; could probably use it.

On that note, I need to train one for ORAS; except getting a Fire Stone will be a pain (can't do Super Secret Training because L/R buttons on DS are shot, and I need those shields to block attacks).

Yeah, I suspected nothing changed.

I'm still waiting for Arcanine to get a Mega Evo in the future; could probably use it.

On that note, I need to train one for ORAS; except getting a Fire Stone will be a pain (can't do Super Secret Training because L/R buttons on DS are shot, and I need those shields to block attacks).

Assuming you can't just transfer from XY (where you can buy them).

I have 6 in ORAS. Want one?

Volcarona's currently a bronze medalist, along with Latios and Xerneas.

Not worth my time to do it.

Of course, Hydra and Volca both have some redemption chances in that W-4 match.

Indeed though, it is one-sided, and I probably expected as much to be honest.

Vapo is an Eeveelution, so I suppose that played a factor.

Despite supporting Vaporeon most of the way here I have voted for Arcanine this time around. I love fire pokemons, and he happens to be a dog as well so it's like my duty to support him as well. Or something like that.

It was essentially a one-sided battle in the beginning, but Arcanine managed to catch up.

Still, Vaporeon wins this 9-6.

And the overall champion of the YCM GPT 3 is an Eeveelution, and a definite turnaround from its status last tournament.

Arcanine had some redemption from last one also.

Now, some dialogue.

Vaporeon is the silent man in this one (so no talking); Arcanine talks, so final words from him.

Arcanine: Lo siento, Latios, Xerneas y todos de mis compadres. No pude a ganar sobre nuestro enemigo y ser el campeón, pero por lo menos, luché con todos mi poder para la honra de nuestro entrenador/maestro y todos de vos.

Siendo el subcampeón no está mal; es mejor que mi rendimiento en el torneo previo, así supongo que significa algo ahora.

I'm sorry, Latios, Xerneas and all of my comrades. I wasn't able to win against our enemy and become the champion, but at least I fought with all of my power for our master/trainer and all of you.

Being the runner-up isn't bad; it's better than my performance in the last tournament, so I suppose that means something now.

Archived