[Archetype] Koi

Love of Ghibli

So because I wanted to attempt to make an archetype where I could use the graveyard to do a bunch of magic synchro and Xyz plays. The thought was it would motivate me to actually look on DP and test out some others syncs and xyz's. So the goal is to be initially slow (outside of Exploring Koi Fish Ten of course) and then once it gets going...It gets going. So far its only monsters because I've found DP and Konami to have some pretty nice Water support already out there for me to take advantage of.

[spoiler: Koi]

jXUpqVL.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] 

When this monster is Normal Summoned you can send 2 "Koi" monsters with different names from your deck to the graveyard. While this card is in the graveyard you can banish 1 Fish, Aqua or Sea-Serpent - type monster from your graveyard to Special Summon this monster from your graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Exploring Koi Fish Ten" once per tun. [/spoiler]

8tYGRm1.jpg

When this card is sent from the hand or the field to the graveyard you can add 1 "Koi Fish Yang" from your deck to your hand. You can banish one "Koi Fish Yang" from your graveyard to special summon this monster from your graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Koi Fish Yin" once per turn. [/spoiler]

Nlu3hRk.jpg

When this card is sent from the hand or the field to the graveyard you can add 1 "Koi Fish Yin" from your deck to your hand. Once per turn you can banish one "Koi Fish Yin" from your graveyard to special summon this monster from your graveyard. [/spoiler]

yeQDYMt.jpg

When you Special Summon a monster from your graveyard you can Special Summon this monster from your graveyard. You can use this effect of "Koi Fish En" once per turn. Once per turn you can Special Summon 1 "Koi" monster from your hand. [/spoiler]

9q5B1Le.jpg

Once per turn you can return 2 of your banished Fish, Aqua, Sea-Serpent- type monsters to the Graveyard to draw 1 card. [/spoiler]

SFUNqCZ.jpg

You can Special Summon this monster (from your hand) by banishing 1 WATER monster from your graveyard. Once per turn you can Special Summon one of your banished Aqua, Sea-Serpent or Fish-type monsters. You can only control 1 "Koi Dragon." [/spoiler]

eVOm1vd.jpg

2 Level 3 WATER monsters
Once per turn you can detach 1 Xyz material from this card: WATER monsters you currently control cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. When this card is sent to the Graveyard or Banished Zone you can return up to 2 of your banished Fish, Aqua or Sea-Serpent monsters to your hand . You can only use this effect of "Koi Fish Zen" once per turn. [/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

So that was all of them. I kind of think that I should probably tone down Koi Dragon a bit but I'm not sure he hasn't done much in testing. Testing has been fun by the way. So far if you get one of the Yin and Yang and this one card called "Flash Flood" and then it gets pretty magical if you can live through the next turn. I do have to look more at the extra deck now though. 

Questions, comments, concerns are always welcome. 

Archived