Awesomely Alliterative Archaic Alphabet Archetype!

Tinkerer

An Archetype on letters.  Vowels = Tuners, Consonants = Effect, Words (added later) = Synchros

This archetype may be overpowered though, so if you think so, tell me and include a suggestion!

[spoiler='Monsters']iCuOz8Q.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned, you may send a Rock-type tuner from your deck to the graveyard. If this monster is sent to the graveyard by a spell, trap, or "Archaic Alphabet" effect, you may send the top card from your deck to the graveyard. While this card is in the graveyard, "Archaic Alphabet" monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF.

0tPNNcT.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned, you may tribute this card to gain 800 life points. If this card is sent to the graveyard by a spell, trap, or "Archaic Alphabet" effect, you may discard 1 card and draw 1 card. While this card is in the graveyard, "Archaic Alphabet" monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF

kK4a8ED.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned, you may discard a card to send 1 monster from the field to the deck. If this card is sent to the graveyard by a spell, trap, or "Archaic Alphabet" effect, you may excavate cards until you excavate an "Archaic Alphabet" monster. Add it to your hand and shuffle the remaining cards into your deck. While this card is in the graveyard, "Archaic Alphabet" monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF.

NtvLo2L.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned, you may discard a card to send 1 spell/trap from the field to the deck. If this card is sent to the graveyard by a spell, trap, or "Archaic Alphabet" effect, you may excavate cards until you excavate a spell. Add it to your hand and shuffle the remaining cards into your deck. While this card is in the graveyard, "Archaic Alphabet" monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF.

mlWNurh.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned, Rock-type monsters cannot be destroyed this turn. If this card is sent to the graveyard by a spell, trap, or "Archaic Alphabet" effect, you may discard your hand and draw 2 cards. While this card is in the graveyard, "Archaic Alphabet" monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF.

UPDATE 1

JQc7Bkp.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned, you may Normal Summon a Rock-type monster in addition to this card. If this card is sent to the graveyard by a spell, trap, or "Archaic Alphabet" effect, you may send the top 3 cards from your deck to the graveyard then skip your next draw phase. While this card is in the graveyard, "Archaic Alphabet" monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF.

uhx9a2D.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned, you may deal 500 damage to your opponent. If this card is sent to the graveyard by a spell, trap, or "Archaic Alphabet" effect, you may add 2 "Archaic Alphabet" monsters from your graveyard to your hand. While this card is in the graveyard, "Archaic Alphabet" monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF.

5Zq2Ex2.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned, your opponent may tribute a monster to draw 2 cards. If this card is sent to the graveyard by a spell, trap, or "Archaic Alphabet" effect, your opponent discards a card. While this card is in the graveyard, "Archaic Alphabet" monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF.

3lJuUb0.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned, you may banish up to 3 cards from either graveyard. If this card is sent to the graveyard by a spell, trap, or "Archaic Alphabet" effect, you may send 1 level 1 monster from your deck to the graveyard to place this card on the bottom of the deck. While this card is in the graveyard, "Archaic Alphabet" monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF.

UPDATE 2

zUHduks.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned, you may halve this card's ATK to attack directly with this card this turn. If this card is sent to the graveyard by a spell, trap, or "Archaic Alphabet" effect, you may banish this card to destroy 1 Spell/Trap on the field. While this card is in the graveyard, "Archaic Alphabet" monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF.

e7SCprg.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned, you may banish a number of "Archaic Alphabet" monsters from your graveyard equal to the level/rank of a monster on the field.  Banish that monster. If this card is sent to the graveyard by a spell, trap, or "Archaic Alphabet" effect, you may change the battle position of 1 monster on the field. While this card is in the graveyard, "Archaic Alphabet" monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF.

nSdFPJ9.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned, you may tribute this card to return 1 card on the field to its owner's hand.  If this card is sent to the graveyard by a spell, trap, or "Archaic Alphabet" effect, you may Normal Summon 1 "Archaic Alphabet" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set this turn. While this card is in the graveyard, "Archaic Alphabet" monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF.

& a 3-letter word

4MPKXOk.jpg

1 "Archaic Alphabet" Tuner + 2 Rock-type monsters
This card may only be Synchro summoned by sending the synchro materials from your graveyard to your deck.  (This counts as a Synchro Summon).
If this card is sent from the field to the graveyard, you may Special Summon 1 "Archaic Alphabet" monster from your deck.  Destroy it during the next End Phase. While this card is in the graveyard, "Archaic Alphabet" monsters gain 1200 ATK and DEF.

[/spoiler]

I have a few more, but I'll post them after an initial evaluation.

Thanks!!

I love the concept! 

In its present form the Archetype certainly wouldn't be too overpowered as they're all Level 1 Tuners with pretty prohibitive stats, but I assume that later monsters will be more differentiated. The effects remind me a little of Shaddolls in that they have different effects for when they're Summoned and sent to the Graveyard, which I can see getting pretty strong pretty fast so perhaps later on it could be a force, but for now you can cross that bridge when you come to it.

Update 1: F, G, H, I

Thanks for your input.  I was thinking that with the Rock-type support cards out there (catapult zone & rock bombardment, specifically), it is actually ridiculously easy to dump cards into the grave using card effects during your opponent's turn.  Though Shaddolls have SSGs, that's only 1 dump card as compared to 2 (with one dumping multiple times hopefully) for Rocks.

Maybe I should add a "Once per turn" or "you can only use one effect per turn and only once that turn" clause to make it more balanced?

Anyway, thanks again!

Archived