[Archetype] Steadfast (11/11)

Atypical-Abbie

Steadfast is a Level 3-4 Rock-Type EARTH Archetype based around locking down the opponent's monsters battle position. They are named after different IRL statues and sculptures. The Spell/Trap Cards are based of sayings related to stones and rocks and stuff.

This is an Archetype I made a while ago, but I felt like trying it out on Duel Portal. I realized that they were a bit too slow, and that they didn't have enough ways to utilize their battle position lockdown effects, so I boosted their speed and made them also change the position of the monster as well.

Main Deck Monsters:

The Steadfast Moai

Rock-Type/EARTH

Level 3

When you Normal Summon a "Steadfast" monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, but it cannot be used as an Xyz Material, except for the Xyz Summon of a Rock-Type monster. You can only use this effect of "The Steadfast Moai" once per turn. If this card is used for the Xyz Summon of a Rock-Type monster: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; change its battle position, and if you do, it cannot change its battle position.

1200/1700

The Steadfast Thrower

Rock-Type/EARTH

Level 4

Once per turn: You can discard 1 card, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; change its battle position, and if you do, it cannot change its battle position. If this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): You can Special Summon 1 "Steadfast" monster from your Deck, except "The Steadfast Thrower", but its effects are negated and it is banished when it leaves the field. You can only use this effect of "The Steadfast Thrower" once per turn.

1600/1500

The Steadfast Redeemer

Rock-Type/EARTH

Level 3

When your opponent Special Summons exactly 1 monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; change its battle position, and if you do, it cannot change its battle position.

1300/1500

The Steadfast Lion

Rock-Type/EARTH

Level 4

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Steadfast" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "The Steadfast Lion". You cannot Special Summon monsters during the turn you activate this effect, other than "Steadfast" monsters. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; change its battle position, and if you do, it cannot change its battle position.

1800/0

The Steadfast Thinker

Rock-Type/EARTH

Level 3

This card cannot be destroyed by battle with a monster whose battle position cannot be changed because of a card effect. Once per turn: You can target up to 2 Level 3 "Steadfast" monsters you control; their increase their Levels by 1.

900/1800

Extra Deck Monsters:

The Steadfast Liberty

Rock-Type/EARTH

Rank 3

2 Level 3 Rock-Type monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; it cannot change its battle position while this card is on the field. If this card targets an opponent's monster for an attack: Change all Attack Position monsters your opponent controls to Defense Position.

2100/1500

The Steadfast Presidents

Rock-Type/EARTH

Rank 4

2 Level 4 Rock-Type monsters

During the Battle Step, if this card battles an opponent's Defense Position monster: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; return that monster to the hand. You can only use this effect of "The Steadfast Presidents" once per turn. While this card has Xyz Material, it cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.

2600/1550

Spell/Trap Cards:

Steadfast Rock and Roll

Quick-Play Spell Card

Reveal 1 "Steadfast" card in your hand, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; change its battle position, and if you do, it cannot change its battle position.

Between a Steadfast Rock and a Hard Place

Quick-Play Spell Card

Target 1 monster your opponent controls that cannot change its battle position because of a card effect; its effects are negated, also it cannot attack, if a Rock-Type monster you control attacks it, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent and all damage its controller takes from battles involving it and a Rock-Type monster is is doubled. You can only activate 1 "Between a Steadfast Rock and a Hard Place" per turn.

Set In Steadfast and Stone

Normal Trap Card

When an opponent's monster targets a "Steadfast" monster you control for an attack; change the attacking monster to face-down Defense Position, and if you do, it cannot change its battle position, then both players draw 1 card. You can only activate 1 "Set In Steadfast and Stone".

Don't Throw Steadfast Stones in a Glass House

Counter Trap Card

When your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card or monster effect while they control a monster whose battle position cannot change because of a card effect: Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

I personally like the set. Their mechanic seems funny in the whole stun-locking since. Though I do want to ask. Monsters can change their battle position if another card effect forces them too, correct? If that is the case then I think they are permanently balanced. Also I feel like Rock and a Hard Place should have some kind of piercing effect. This way it can be completely utilized if monster was shifted into defense position from attack.

I personally like the set. Their mechanic seems funny in the whole stun-locking since. Though I do want to ask. Monsters can change their battle position if another card effect forces them too, correct? If that is the case then I think they are permanently balanced. Also I feel like Rock and a Hard Place should have some kind of piercing effect. This way it can be completely utilized if monster was shifted into defense position from attack.

Yes, other cards can still change them, for example, you can use multiple of these guys on the same guy to change their positions, but it cannot normally do so.

Rock and Hard Place, well I thought that it already did a lot, I guess piercing isn't that powerful, and it can help them a bit too, so I guess I'll add it.

Archived