[Archetype] Indigo (10/10)

Atypical-Abbie

I'm not too sure what this one was meant to be about, but it has to do with Flip Effect Monsters I suppose. They're Psychic-Type DARK monsters with various Levels. They have Spell/Trap Card support, their Field Spell Card is one of their best cards, since it allows them to Set multiple monsters and do it without Tributing, since they also have high Level monsters.

I created this back in August last year, and I generally liked how it was, but they needed a little more support I felt, so I made 2 new cards, "Indigo Crazy Slasher" and "Indigo Now". I also changed a few of the cards a tiny bit.

Monsters:

Indigo Hidden Shadow

Psychic-Type/DARK/FLIP

Level 1

FLIP: You can Special Summon 1 Level 6 or lower "Indigo" monster from your hand in face-down Defense Position. During the turn this card is flipped face-up, it cannot be destroyed by battle. During either player's End Phase: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position. You can only use each effect of "Indigo Hidden Shadow" once per turn.

200/1200

Indigo Darkness Fear

Psychic-Type/DARK/FLIP
Level 4

FLIP: You can target 1 "Indigo" or face-down monster you control; this turn, it is unaffected by card effects, except by the effects of "Indigo" cards. During the turn this card is flipped face-up, it cannot be destroyed by battle. During either player's End Phase: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position. You can only use each effect of "Indigo Darkness Fear" once per turn.

1300/1800

Indigo Crazy Slasher

Psychic-Type/DARK/FLIP

Level 4

FLIP: You can target monster on the field; change its battle position. During the turn this card is flipped face-up, it cannot be destroyed by battle. During either player's End Phase: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position. You can only use each effect of "Indigo Crazy Slasher" once per turn.

1700/1500

Indigo Mind Creeper

Psychic-Type/DARK/FLIP
Level 6

FLIP: You can add 1 "Indigo" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand, except "Indigo Mind Creeper". During the turn this card is flipped face-up, it cannot be destroyed by card effects. During either player's End Phase: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position. You can only use each effect of "Indigo Mind Creeper" once per turn.

2300/5600

Indigo Scare Inducer

Psychic-Type/DARK/FLIP

Level 8

FLIP: You can target 1 "Indigo" monster in your Graveyard, except "Indigo Scare Inducer"; Special Summon that target in face-down Defense Position. During the turn this card is flipped face-up, it cannot be destroyed by card effects. During either player's End Phase: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position. You can only use each effect of "Indigo Scare Inducer" once per turn.

2400/2700

Indigo Heart Attacker

Psychic-Type/DARK/FLIP

Level 8

FLIP: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; destroy that target. During the turn this card is flipped face-up, it cannot be destroyed by card effects During either player's End Phase: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position. You can only use each effect of "Indigo Heart Attacker" once per turn.

2700/2400

Spell/Trap Cards:

Indigo Home

Fiend Spell Card

You can Set "Indigo" monsters without Tributing. Once per turn: You can discard 1 "Indigo" card; this turn, you can Set 1 monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) All "Indigo" monsters that were flipped face-up gain 300 ATK and DEF.

Indigo Away

Quick-Play Spell Card

If an "Indigo" card other than this card is targeted by a card effect: This turn, all cards you control with the same name as that target are unaffected by the effects all cards with the same card type (Monster, Spell or Trap) as the targeting card.

Indigo On

Continuous Trap Card

If all monsters you control are in face-down Defense Position during your opponent's Standby Phase, your opponent must attack all with all monsters they control this turn while this card is on the field, if able. When this card in your possession is destroyed by an opponent's card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can Set 1 "Indigo" Spell/Trap Card directly from your Deck, and if you do, it can be activated this turn.

Indigo Now

Normal Trap Card

If all monsters you control are in face-down Defense Position and/or "Indigo" monsters: Target 1 face-down Defense Position monster you control; change that target to face-up Defense Position, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Indigo" monster from your hand with a different name than that target in face-down Defense Position. You can only activate 1 "Indigo Now" per turn.

This archetype is to slow. Other than Indigo Home, getting the cards out will be a real pain. Have you thought of adding some Fusion monsters? I think they could go well with this deck.

Indigo Hidden Shadow and Indigo Now can both get out monsters as well. I don't understand why you would want to use Fusion Monsters, the way they're meant to be played is continuously change them back and flipping them face-up to use their effects, using them as Fusion Material doesn't help with that at all.

Indigo Hidden Shadow and Indigo Now can both get out monsters as well. I don't understand why you would want to use Fusion Monsters, the way they're meant to be played is continuously change them back and flipping them face-up to use their effects, using them as Fusion Material doesn't help with that at all.

I mean it needs cards that can swarm quickly. Maybe add an effect for Specialing from the graveyard if you control a specific number of face down monsters.

He was obviously thinking shaddolls. 

So was I, but I was surprised to find out the two share no real similarities. 

The idea is nice, gameplay should be tolerable - great. 

The set itself is...balanced. It is my personal opinion though that decks that perpetually wall in anyway are no fun to play against. I don't get why all of them have the whole can't be destroyed by battle clause. Let me rephrase, I understand that the monsters should live so that they can do their effects more than once. However, I find it excessive that monsters with 2600 DEF and 2800 DEF need to not be killed by battle. After one person swings at Shadow the gamestate automatically turns in your favor with a 2600DEF reoccurring searcher. I think they would be fine if they all lost the walling ability but currently that is just me. 

I tend to have bad matches with these sort of custom archetypes and that's mainly because people always tend to incorporate some version of stall into set so the flip monsters don't die to quickly. It just prolongs the gamestate needlessly in my opinion. But like I originally stated, my personal objections aside the set looks quite balanced.

The set itself is...balanced. It is my personal opinion though that decks that perpetually wall in anyway are no fun to play against. I don't get why all of them have the whole can't be destroyed by battle clause. Let me rephrase, I understand that the monsters should live so that they can do their effects more than once. However, I find it excessive that monsters with 2600 DEF and 2800 DEF need to not be killed by battle. After one person swings at Shadow the gamestate automatically turns in your favor with a 2600DEF reoccurring searcher. I think they would be fine if they all lost the walling ability but currently that is just me. 

I tend to have bad matches with these sort of custom archetypes and that's mainly because people always tend to incorporate some version of stall into set so the flip monsters don't die to quickly. It just prolongs the gamestate needlessly in my opinion. But like I originally stated, my personal objections aside the set looks quite balanced.

I suppose that I could remove it from the higher Levels, I just like effect consistency.

Changed the higher Levels to be protected from effect destruction instead for that turn, since they are still pretty fragile, and them being high Tribute Set monsters makes them deserve a little bit of protection IMO.

Archived