Star vs the Forces of Evil

Sleepy

[spoiler=A few thoughts]

Episode 13:

Kelly is cute and her reveal was quite the surprise. But right when I was about to start shipping her with Marco the appearance of her boyfriend ruined it for me.

All this time I thought Ponyhead was sealed at the lower end of her neck. But her neck is actually hollow and opened, and acts as a bag of sorts, huh. That was a surprise too xD

Episode 14:

I couldn't but think of Star performing a Z-move with her Warnicorn summoning spell xD

And yeah, those warnicorns are cool.

Episode 16:

I started to suspect of Oskar being a vampire with this episode. I was previously convinced by someone that he could be a supernatural being since he seems to be familiar and comfortable with magic, Star and Glossarick, but with those fangs that stand out, and Star kind of becoming mesmerized once she approached him and tried to talk to him, I'm leaning towards him being a vampire of some kind. Star's reaction could have been her crush towards him, but also could have been that charming power over young girls that is often attributed to vampires.

Episodes 15/16 (or 8a/8b, however you want to number them):

http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Star-vs-The-Forces-of-Evil-Season-2/Episode-15-16?id=71654

[spoiler=A few thoughts]

Episode 13:

Kelly is cute and her reveal was quite the surprise. But right when I was about to start shipping her with Marco the appearance of her boyfriend ruined it for me.

All this time I thought Ponyhead was sealed at the lower end of her neck. But her neck is actually hollow and opened, and acts as a bag of sorts, huh. That was a surprise too xD

Episode 14:

I couldn't but think of Star performing a Z-move with her Warnicorn summoning spell xD

And yeah, those warnicorns are cool.

Episode 16:

I started to suspect of Oskar being a vampire with this episode. I was previously convinced by someone that he could be a supernatural being since he seems to be familiar and comfortable with magic, Star and Glossarick, but with those fangs that stand out, and Star kind of becoming mesmerized once she approached him and tried to talk to him, I'm leaning towards him being a vampire of some kind. Star's reaction could have been her crush towards him, but also could have been that charming power over young girls that is often attributed to vampires.

[spoiler=Yeah...]

I'm pro Starco shipping, but they have been pushing it a little too much as of lately. Tom is still an underdog to Marco on this despite his efforts, Jackie and Oscar don't appear enough to really consider them yet, and Kelly having a boyfriend just for the hair joke was meh... She was immediately dismissed (shipping-wise) there xD

I think the show needs to start working on the other options being more potentially legit competitors (especially while it is still early on in the series if we assume it to want to last more than the three confirmed seasons). Though it should also tone down on the shipping topics (or... Starco at least) a bit. As much as I ship them, the show itself has been doing it quite a bit, and some of that is work for the fans to do, they need to more so give us the characters.... I've personally been waiting for Jackie to have some focus to her. Oscar has had some cool bits, even if still too little, so Jackie needs to do something other than just stand there easy-going... and where did she go when Marco was stuck on the tube?

It was pretty much a Z-move. Though it bothers me a little bit that Ludo's wand seems to be able to attack her but her wand seems to not be able to do so directly. I don't think that episode made much sense unless the wand as a whole had a consciousness of its own and simply was rooting for Ludo's side more. Otherwise she wouldn't really need to upgrade into that more complex spell. Plus, on Season 1 she was capable of reading the book and learning spells from it (as seen when she spent the night studying for the tentacle arm episode), so I'm not sure how legit this one was... mostly an excuse for Ludo to find out she has a book.

About Oscar being a vampire: Nah, Janna was fine so it was definitely Star being infatuated by her own crush. Besides, people in general are cool about magic topics in Star's show so not much of a point in him being fine, being one of the most laid back characters in general so far.

Random thought from me: Wow.... Star's mom is definitely not human xD

Just found Kelly is not even on the wikia yet xD
She's got a super cute design and voice though. I wouldn't mind her appearing again if she's one of Ponyhead's friends... She's probably gonna appear less than Ponyhead though, if ever.

[spoiler=Yeah...]

I'm pro Starco shipping, but they have been pushing it a little too much as of lately. Tom is still an underdog to Marco on this despite his efforts, Jackie and Oscar don't appear enough to really consider them yet, and Kelly having a boyfriend just for the hair joke was meh... She was immediately dismissed (shipping-wise) there xD

I think the show needs to start working on the other options being more potentially legit competitors (especially while it is still early on in the series if we assume it to want to last more than the three confirmed seasons). Though it should also tone down on the shipping topics (or... Starco at least) a bit. As much as I ship them, the show itself has been doing it quite a bit, and some of that is work for the fans to do, they need to more so give us the characters.... I've personally been waiting for Jackie to have some focus to her. Oscar has had some cool bits, even if still too little, so Jackie needs to do something other than just stand there easy-going... and where did she go when Marco was stuck on the tube?

It was pretty much a Z-move. Though it bothers me a little bit that Ludo's wand seems to be able to attack her but her wand seems to not be able to do so directly. I don't think that episode made much sense unless the wand as a whole had a consciousness of its own and simply was rooting for Ludo's side more. Otherwise she wouldn't really need to upgrade into that more complex spell. Plus, on Season 1 she was capable of reading the book and learning spells from it (as seen when she spent the night studying for the tentacle arm episode), so I'm not sure how legit this one was... mostly an excuse for Ludo to find out she has a book.

About Oscar being a vampire: Nah, Janna was fine so it was definitely Star being infatuated by her own crush. Besides, people in general are cool about magic topics in Star's show so not much of a point in him being fine, being one of the most laid back characters in general so far.

Random thought from me: Wow.... Star's mom is definitely not human xD

Just found Kelly is not even on the wikia yet xD

She's got a super cute design and voice though. I wouldn't mind her appearing again if she's one of Ponyhead's friends... She's probably gonna appear less than Ponyhead though, if ever.

[spoiler=Right]

Thinking about how the series itself pushes Starco... I'm starting to suspect Kelly's boyfriend was introduced precisely to take down any fan ships of Marco with someone else.

I agree, Kelly is lovely and I hope she appears again, but as you say, I don't think she will show up too often if she ever does.

From episode 14 I concluded the wand may indeed have some sort of conscience or own will; actually, it could be the unicorns powering the wands. In a previous episode Star's wand unicorn was shown to be out of control, or under the control of someone or something else, so that could part of the scheme for Ludo to complete the wand and explain why Star had difficulty casting her spells against Ludo.

Well, it's true that Earth citizens seem to be accepting of Star's magic and antics, but at the very least they are surprised while Oskar reacts too casually towards it. Then again, as you say, he is such a laid back character. And yes, calling Oskar a vampire at this point of the series is too much of an stretch; still, I will keep an eye on any hints towards his nature. The guy is too suspicious xD

[spoiler=Hi]

I always find it amusing when they showcase the fact Mewnies, or at least, Star's family/relatives/etc are a barbaric race- Except for Star's mom, who clearly wears the pants in this family. Personally I would have liked to see Star win, if only because I know her dad would love it; Star's dad is really cute. Hes a fuckin' idiot, yea, but he has a lot of cute moments.

Regardless...

I really liked Star's means of "ending" Flags. Like, who cares who made it to the top; we ALL win =D

Ironically she gets shafted by Marco at the end, but this was a little predicable

As for the detention episode-

I'll just leave this here:

Girls%27_Day_Out_poster.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=What a terrible time for shipping]

-Janna's teasing of Marco is just playing around. She has a crush on some person that's not part of the show.

-Jackie Lin is no longer Marco's crush. Since she didn't have much of a roll or background to her, this was pretty much her only purpose, and that's disappointing.

-Star has a crush on Marco now? and so Oscar is officially just a gag.
-Tom is trying, but the show always makes it so that it is not good enough.

-Kelly had a boyfriend all along and she likely won't appear again.

The Blood Moon Ball episode was partly as special as it was because it was a one-time deal that season. This season has been rampart with ever-more-frequent StarxMarco shipping, and I'd be fine with it if the show wasn't so blatantly discrediting every other possible shipping in the show for Star or Marco. That Truth or Dare toy really ruined it for me. Making a series where the characters have clear chemistry and crushes on each other from early on or even start dating early on are fine, but the way it's presented more characters that could be so easily shipped and then cock-block the possibility.... It reminds me of what the Fairly Odd Parents season 10 are doing, where it is like most characters that have ever appeared in the show over the years practically don't exist anymore for now reason whatsoever. That's not a good thing when a show encloses too much into the couple of main characters and leave the rest of the world around them too much to the side. It was fine in season 1 but at this point they should be making better use of the other things they have. 

It is getting a little annoying and I almost don't want Star X Marco to be a thing anymore... but I guess I'll see where it all goes.

• 1 month later...

It seems there's a new episode today so a link is underway.

I have grown to not trust Kisscartoon's site as much lately because even when I deactivate addblock within their domain it keeps randomly locking the video to tell me to deactivate it within their domain to let me watch. So have a Toonova link instead:
http://www.toonova.com/star-vs.-the-forces-of-evil-season-2-episode-23

Or well, if you complain about the link not being legal, then I'd accept a legal link that worked for me. I'd love that.

I have not made any remarks of the episodes. I haven't watched them. Don't even know the titles yet. I'm gonna do that right after I finish this post.

• 2 weeks later...

The site updated half a week late but it seems there was an episode this week. 

[spoiler=spoiler]

Seems like Tom and Marco being friends is now a thing and not just a one-of.

Not much more was really revealed of Jackie, but I can see she stays consistent. An "I'm cool with anything" personality. She would rather say "I'm confused" and attempt to leave the scene before expressing any negative emotions. It happened when Marco broke her skateboard in season 1, and it happened here when she wasn't quite sure how to answer the awkwardness. In other episodes he's vomited in front of her, and then there's the incident of his hand stuck in a tube, and who knows what else. I wonder where she draws the line. 

I'd also like to see some samples that showed me if she's just like that with everybody or if Marco has special treatment. Again, it'd be great if they revealed something else on her. It almost seems like the writers don't know what to do with her for her to be in the show at all. Oscar also suffers of this, but he's overall more random.

[spoiler=meh]

Or they could just be teasing the audience and trying to make it seem like Marco likes others, despite the fact we know Marco and Star are more of an item. Or at least, heavily implied they are.

[spoiler=Hmm]

The season finale is about Jackie inviting Marco to a dance. I think they are implying this could be a thing.

Though I agree they heavily implied Starco, and they did it enough that I almost stop following the show to be honest.....

IDK, I wanna be hopeful that Jackie isn't just filler...

Season finale aired this week but the site updated a bit late again:
http://www.toonova.com/star-vs.-the-forces-of-evil-season-2-episode-27

[spoiler=spoiler]

The red moon is suddenly a nuisance to me. It makes it less of a choice for Marco.

Jackie really fleshed out here. I was hoping the date wouldn't be because of some spell or one-time thing. She pretty much explained what I already kind of suspected.

I finally caught up with the series, and got some thoughts on them:

[spoiler=Thoughts]

I don't like what they are doing with Tom. When I was told he had an episode with Marco, I expected him to make progress in getting along with the protagonists and... in a way, he did, but it started with selfish intentions. Plus, it doesn't looks as if he had made any progress with his anger issues, and still has that counselor I hoped wouldn't be shown again because I find a bit silly for a demon prince to require the services of a mere mortal; it makes me feel as if the show was (still) taking him as a joke; and I didn't find funny at all that the white tiger was the counselor in disguise all along. Of course, I'm biased because I'm rooting for Tom so naturally I want him to improve the soonest as possible and, yes, ultimately get back with Star, despite going against the Starco ship the show itself is pushing up.

I liked how they developed Jackie in the last episodes. I personally not support Starco (IMO Star deserves someone stronger, like, let's say, To- shot), so Jackie taking steps towards Marco, and really bold ones at that, is good news for me. Also Janet got more screen time, who I suspect also has an interest in Marco with her "tsundere" attitude towards him, so that makes it more interesting; it would be neat to see the 3 girls eventually fight for Marco's attention. I will welcome anything that strays the series away from the Starco ship.

And yeah, the last episode left clear that Star feels something for Marco, but that's no surprise and was expected anyway.

It find cool how Toffee looked like in the past; I hope they bring him back soon, preferably in this "warrior mode".

By the way, one of the past queens ending up with what looked like a demon makes me hope for history to repeat again with Sta- shot

• 2 months later...

http://www.toonova.net/star-vs.-the-forces-of-evil-season-2

^Probably some of you are aware we have had new episodes recently. Because of how full and half-time episodes are counted differently depending on where you read about them, using the site in my link, the Jackie x Marco ship episode we last left the show of at is Episode 27 of Season 2. They are at Episode 31 now.

The last one is pretty..... interesting. Marco is very determined, but at the same time some things about it give me mixed feelings. I don't wanna spoiler right now though for those who haven't caught up.

Duh...... Sorry people. I just realized my previous post's link was to a card I had made at CC..... *shrugs*
IDK what happened there.... I just edited the above post to link to the page I watch the episodes at.

Now I'm gonna see what I'm behind on.

EDIT:
iiRi0XM.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got up to date with the series today. A couple of things that stood out for me:

[spoiler=stuff]

- The Scissors episode:

I have expressed or implied this before, but I have never been comfortable with Marco beating up goonies and keeping up in the fights with his technically fake karate skills from an non-certified dojo based on videotape lessons; but after this episode, now I can be comfortable with that, since I know he has the experience on combat and survival of 16 years. Plus, he got his own scissors, and that's a neat achievement, plus surely they will come in handy for the rest of the series. Overall, I liked the extra value, so to speak, this episode gave to Marco.

- The evaluation episode:

I very much welcomed Star being compared with her ancestor Eclipsa, mostly because I'm taking it as a nod for my ship of choice, StarxTom. Eclipsa was the queen who left the kingdom for her devil lover, after all. Really hoping history repeats again with Star, here xD

- The Just friends episode:

Yeah, anything that pushes away from Starco ship is good in my book, and this was such a a big push on that direction. And this happening after Star being compared with Eclipsa... yeah, holding my hopes up on Star rekindling her relationship with Tom, and hopefully soon :v

• 1 month later...

[spoiler=Thoughts on latest episodes]

Face the music

I didn't like this one, personally. Star and the bard guy did go too far with the song, calling out their parents and the crush on Marco.

Starcrushed

Also not a fan of this one, and it was pretty much only about the indirect confession from the previous episode, plus the rushed departure at the end wasn't enjoyable for me; it felt like the series was grasping at straws to make a big plot twist and remain interesting, but the thing is that IMO they didn't need to and were doing just fine, so I don't know why they decided to go for the almost too cliched "no time to explain, I have to go". I would say this reaction is even ironic because Star has been in more serious situations before, like after finding Toffee's finger, only to follow up with a "slice of life"-ish episode or otherwise not caring too much about it, but now that she had to get things straight with Marco, nope, she decides to actually take care of the important stuff right away. Granted, this time her mom was pushing her, but still, she didn't have to leave that soon

• 1 month later...

Archived