[Leaderboard] JamesMuddy vs -Noel-

Nathanael D. Striker

Rules:
-All 
Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by January 23rd, 11:59PM PST wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.
Both contestants and myself have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)

Rewards:
-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Card A

I Won't Go Down
Quick-Play Spell
If your Life Points would become 0 By an opponent's attack or Card Effect: Your Life Points become 100, then, you take no damage for the rest of the turn. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this card's activation. During your next Draw Phase: Draw 2 cards instead of 1. You can only activate 1 "I Won't Go Down" per duel.

Card B

QFBdRGs.jpg

Target 1 card on the field that was Summoned, activated or Set during your opponent's last turn; shuffle it into the Deck. If you would take damage that would make your LP 0: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; reduce that damage to 0 and gain Life Points equal to the damage you would take. You can only use each effect of "Sacred Key of Time Rewinding" once per duel.

Striker, you should probably list the themes for these contests; just in case some of us don't look at the main thread.

Anyway, card A basically has an unblockable effect that prevents you from losing that turn (very similar to A LOT of plot-device cards in the anime; see RR - Readiness).

Also, it allows its user to draw 2 cards on the next turn.

Card B allows you to bounce back any card that was played on your opponent's last turn (either backrow removal or screw your opponent's bosses) and can block 1 instance of LP-ending damage and restore it. In a way, it's similar to Draining Shield and stuff.

So, here's what we have: SS4 game-ending blocker on the same levels of anime plot devices and extra draw that turn VS backrow bouncer + only blocks one instance of game ending damage.

Yeah, card B takes it (and again, I can probably guess who did which card)

Card A:

To put it simply, it is too situational and it only live at the end of the duel when you are losing, but dead at any other time. Plus, you should be running cards that help you win, not cards that save you from losing; and even then, this is not consistent at that, unlike...

Card B:

Yep, this is a "save me from losing" card done right: It first has a handy effect that can be live at any time during the duel, and then remains in the grave ready to save you when you need it, IF you need it, instead of relying on drawing it or holding it when the time comes.

That aside, the spinning effect looks too strong and perhaps a Quick-Play bounce would have been more fair, but at least it comes with an "once per duel" clause.

I vote for Card B.

Archived