Pokemon, the Forbidden Star [OOC - Started - Not Accepting - PG16] (co-hosted by Lord CowCow)

Durandamon

I'll try to answer all of your questions now, I've been busy (sleeping) today.

Age Range: 14-25, adding it to the App

I want to keep Team Eclipse as mysterious and eerie as possible, so that's why I'm not accepting apps. Maybe, just maybe, after their plan has been revealed, I'll make an app for them.

As for non-evolving pokemon, I'll stick to the list kindfully provided by Giga. Still, I'll allow you guys to catch Pokemon as soon as the RP starts, so you can easily catch your desired non-evolving one and still have your starter.

You CAN make a trainer like that, Nue, one that's not interested in the leaders or the PokeDex. You'll still have the PokeDex thou. That's standard equipment in the region, regardless of your intentions.

Oh and this is important, trade evolutions. This is how its gonna be:

• If the Pokemon evolves via regular trade, they'll evolve like any other Pokemon (that is, growing stronger and bonding with their trainer).
  • If the Pokemon requires a specific item to be held during their trade, it'll only require them to have contact with the item to evolve, in the same fashion as Elemental Stones.

EDIT: Added most of this info to the main post now. Also, accepted Talim Rave and Ketodama's characters.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Penelope Libertine WIP]

Full Name: Penelope Alexandria Abigail Libertine

[spoiler=Appearance:]aE1oQ4N.jpg[/spoiler]

Personality: (at least a paragraph, 6 lines min.)

Bio: (same as personality)

Origin: (Hoshi Island, other regions. If so, specify.)

Starter Pokemon: Venipede

Misc: (theme song, favourite food, hobbies, etc.)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=My App:]

Full Name: Isaac Sterling
[spoiler=Appearance:]
AnimeGuy4.jpg
But without the sword and spiky stuff on the left arm. [/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality:] Isaac is friendly and funny, but when he is alone he become sad after thinking about his past and all the mistakes he made in life. Isaac doesn't have any friends except for his Swinub and Flannery in Lavaridge. Isaac wishes he could take back everything he had done in the last few years. Sometimes Isaac goes into a sort of trance where he become severely depressed and speaks in a cold, emotionless tone. Isaac is experienced in being betrayed, so he tries not to make too many long-lasting friends, although he is friendly by nature. Whenever Isaac thinks he might become someone's friend, he immediately shuts them out of his life, because he thinks they will betray him. [/spoiler]
[spoiler=Bio:] Isaac was born in Lavaridge Town and when he was young he became friends with Flannery, the Gym Leader of that town. After living in hot conditions for most of his life, Isaac moved to Snowpoint City in Sinnoh when he was 15, where he met a Swinub. During the next 2 years of his life, Isaac met a cute girl who he quickly fell in love with. One night they had a big fight which eventually led to him leaving Sinnoh and start living in Hoshi. Isaac brought the Swinub to Hoshi with him, and together they have lived in Kaishi Town for a few months.[/spoiler]
Origin: Hoenn Region, Lavaridge Town.
[spoiler=My Pokemon:]

Porky the Swinub, Level 5, Timid Nature

Moves:

Body Slam (Egg Move)

Tackle

Odur Sleuth

Dig

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Misc:]
[spoiler=Theme Song:] http://youtu.be/xW87YHTpVhg[/spoiler]
Favourite Food: Chicken Chow Mein
Hobbies: Loves to walk in snow, relax in hot springs and get to know everything about someone, without becoming their friend.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

I think I'll dust off one of my older Pokemon RP apps, but I'll be making the necessary revisions ofc

[spoiler=Silver Yuja]

Full Name: Silver Yuja

Appearance:

[spoiler=]

Pokemon_Trainer_6_by_Emeraldus.png
Added notes: Silver's clothes are a bit more tacky and dirty than they look in the pic, because of his athletic exploits. He prides himself on having neat hair though and spends each morning combing his hair. He also wears a lucky Dragon Fang that was given to him by his grandfather around his neck. Silver's height is 5'8" and he weighs 160lbs.

[/spoiler]

Personality:

[spoiler=]

Silver is a fun-loving yet serious trainer who aspires to be a dragon tamer like his parents. Although, despite displaying a good amount of knowledge of dragon-type pokemon having been around them in his youth whilst living with his parents and studying them in the Dragon's Den, he is also anchored to the belief that he doesn't want to be a one trick pony and use a variety of pokemon-types on his team, something that his parents understand as long as he stays true to his long term goal. One thing that annoys Silver however is when people disturb him whilst he is eating and he will not hesitate to have a go at whoever disturbs him and will kindly ask them to leave until he is finished.
As a trainer, Silver can come off as competitive, though one can consider that normal for a guy who plays sports like football (soccer) and rugby in his spare time, though his competitiveness can sometimes cause him to overthink things in battle which will end up clouding his overall judgment and can result in him losing the battle in the end.

[/spoiler]

Bio:

[spoiler=]

Silver Yuja was born in Blackthorn City, his parents were skilled Dragon Tamers in their time and had hoped that Silver would follow in their footsteps. As the years gone by, Silver had gotten to know the unique qualities of Dragon-Types and by the Age of 12 the Elder of the Dragon's Den felt it would be time for Silver to take the Dragon User's Challenge, and after a year of studying under the Elder's supervision, Silver passed the test and his parents let him look after their Dragon-types unsupervised.

Whilst he was studying the characteristics of dragon-types, Silver also spent time learning about the other types of pokemon that exist and thus he decided that whilst his long term goal would be to become a dragon tamer, he would go on a normal journey and train a variety of pokemon so that he would gain a broader understanding of their characteristics when he achieves his goals.

When he announced that he wanted to go on a journey, Silver's older sister Darcy decided to give him an egg containing a Totodile, and she told him that the offspring will have a surprise waiting for him upon hatching. Although he was bewildered at first, he vaguely remembered that Darcy had an Abomasnow, meaning he would somewhat have an idea of what the surprise is and when the Totodile hatched, he spent hours trying to get Totodile to demonstrate the egg move (Ice Punch), although he would be met with a bitten scalp but eventually the Totodile demonstrated the use of Ice Punch in front of him.

With his Totodile in tow, his parents gave Silver a ferry ticket that will take him to Hoshi Island, and it is there that his journey as a pokemon trainer will truly begin.

[/spoiler]

Origin: Blackthorn City, Johto

Starter Pokemon: Totodile (Has the Egg Move Ice Punch)

Moves: Scratch, Leer, Ice Punch, Water Gun

Misc: Theme: Assault Mode Activate

His favourite food his pasta, and he usually doesn't like to be disturbed whilst eating.

He is an avid sportsman, occasionally playing football (soccer) and rugby.

He is quite knowledgeable when it comes to dragon-types.

[/spoiler]

I might add more to the Bio and stuff into Misc

[spoiler=App]Full Name: Azure Otsuka
Appearance: [spoiler=Appearance]g4TeAWW.jpg?1[/spoiler]
Personality: Azure is reserved around people he doesn't know. While living is Aspertia City, he had few people with the same interests as him so he rarely talked to people. Most of the time Azure doesn't keep conversations long, as while he keeps a cold and calm appearance, deep down he is scared that if he befriends anyone they will betray him or leave. The only friend he has is his Oshawott he was given before he decided to travel. During battles Azure follows the path of strike fast and strike hard, to make sure he can knock out his opponent before his pokemon take to much damage, while this has gotten him a quite few victories, if he meets an opponent who can either match his speed or hold against the attacks he can be quick to give-up. Azure cares about his pokemon, pushing them to exceed their limits but allowing adequate recovering time, if given the chance Azure would care about the people close to him, but its the same thing which prevents him from befriending people, he fears he could betray them.

Bio: Azure was born in Nimbasa City but spent most of his life living in Aspertia City. Spending most of his days looking out over the landscape from the outlook Azure spends most of his days thinking or helping out stocking the Pokemart. After receiving Nobu, Azure spent days at home and on route 19 playing and training Nobu. After a few days, Azure decided to travel to a new region to try and over come his social problems believing that traveling only with his pokemon he would eventually open up to more people. After getting another job and accommodation at Floccesy Ranch Azure started working their and at the Pokemart in Floccesy Town.  After collecting enough money to afford to travel to the Hoshi Region, Azure spent half of his remaining money buying supplies he could need to live by himself. 

Origin: Unova
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott (Nobu)
Misc: Likes staring out into the horizion, enjoys sea air.

Pokemon List - Nobu - Tackle, Tail Whip, Air Slash, Screech[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Kytes Silverstien]
2e1yao3.jpg
Full Name: Kytes Silverstien 

[spoiler=Appearance]chibi+anime+boy+9.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

Kytes’s aloof appearance does not reflect his personality at all, and is for the most part just a product of his constant attempts to rebel against the image that his parents had forcefully projected onto him as a child. This constant need to distance himself from his former life style has manifested itself in an innate hatred for anything that would compromise his newly acquired freedom. Ironically though, having spent so much time being pampered and spoiled; Kytes's perspective on most of the world is that of an aristocrat, meaning that he has an extremely hard time relating to the to the lives of common people. 

Cocky by nature, Kytes never backs down from a challenge, and often times finds himself leaping head first into dangerous situations with no explanation other then "I felt like it." Though he does try his best to maintain a certain amount composer while around other people, Kytes has yet to experience very large part of the world, and is often caught in fits of childlike excitement when he experiences new things. Due to his sheltered life at the manner, Kytes is extremely well versed things such table etiquette and Rapidash ridding, but lacks many of the social skills that are necessary for interaction with other people in his age group.  This means that long conversations with him can go awkward extremely fast, and that his often left baffled by the behaviors of his peers.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Bio] 
Having been born into a very wealthy family, Kytes spent the majority of his early years trapped in his father’s study to be taught the skills he would need to a member of high-class society. It was only when he reached the age of 17, did he gather the courage to venture out into the world, and disobey is parent’s orders. In a desperate attempt to distract their son from the temptations of the outside, and quell his constant streaks of rebellion, Kytes’s parents bestowed upon him a pokemon to keep him company. Unfortunately though, this was the worst possible thing they could have done, for with the help of his newly acquired Elekid, Kytes was able to push his expeditions further and farther into the wilderness; allowing him to train, and learn to love the freedom that he had been denied for so long. 

After months training and learning about pokemon, Kytes was ready to start his journey. Setting his sites Hoshi Island, the boy marched out the front door of his mansion with Bolt by at his side, despite his mother's pleas. He had been held down by her rules and codes for far too long, and it was finally time for him to carve his own path. 
[/spoiler]

Origin: Unova

Pokemon:
Bolt, the Elekid
Male
Static
Moves: Ice punch, Thunder Shock, Quick Attack, Leer.

Other info:  Even though Kytes's parents never expected him to be used in battle, Bolt is the finest Elekid specimen money could buy. Having been carefully bred by one of the worlds finest breeders, he is capable of using moves that are usually considered rare among his species, such as Ice punch.
[/spoiler]

Added the last name and a bit more to the personality.

That's better, adding to main post.

Guys, I'll start the IC as soon as everybody here finishes their apps. People who haven't shown interest yet or haven't posted a WIP app still have time to do so, and will have a bit of time after the RP starts.

Here's my app:

[spoiler=' ']

Name: Alexander Callaveras

Appereance: [spoiler=' '] meeluf_by_ruuto_kun-d8dh3fk.png [/spoiler]

Personality: Since he was young he loved Bug-Type Pokemons and music. He was born in Unova, but he never went in an adventure, so he moved to Hoshi Island, for that.

He's very nice to people and always likes to help them if possible. He is very close to his friends and family and always stays in contact with them. He can be quite stubborn at times. He also loves to write even though he's not that good at it, he's getting better. He's charmed by Bug-Type pokemons, because he thinks they are the perfect mix of Grass, Fairy and Flying Type pokemon, he especially loves butterfly-like Pokemon because of their colourful wings. He doesn't like to rush things, and always takes its time to do stuff, that's why his dream isn't to be a pokemon champion like other trainers, because in his opinion he would have to be everywhere at any time, and always be ready for a battle. His love for music also makes him love musical Pokemons, and his dream is to catch and befriend a Meloetta. He always for some reason never liked Dragon, Fightning and Rock-Type pokemons, he never had a reason for that though, he just doesn't like them, maybe it's because he thinks that most of them aren't as graceful as other pokemons.

Bio: He comes from Unova, from Nacrene City, where he was raised up surrounded by art of all kinds and shapes. He learned to love art and music from his hometown. He never went alone that far outside of the city, maybe to the near Pinwheel Forest or Striaton City, and sometimes to Castelia City. He had many friends in Unova, but left to find a beautiful place where he could start his adventure with pokemon, and that's where he found via some research the Hoshi Island, a stunning tropical paradise filled with Pokemons. He said goodbye to everyone he knew and moved there. At Unova, he had many friends, but many of them left to go on an adventure with their pokemon. His family wasn't very big formed just by his sister and his mom and dad, his mom was an awesome painter, while his dad a very good pianist. His older sister moved to Castelia City. He didn't like very much to study, but was still very good at school. His parents were sad when he left home, but he still keeps in contact with them often, so they aren't that much worried anymore.

Origin: He comes from Nacrene City in Unova

Starter Pokemon: Calaca the Scatterbug, wich then evolves in an Ocean Form Vivillion

Nature: Calm   Ability: Shield Dust   Moves: [Egg move: Poison Powder] Stun Spore, Tackle, String Shot

Other: His favourite food is Pancakes.

Theme Song: [spoiler=' '] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zweVJrnE1uY[/spoiler]                                                              [/spoiler]

I would like to point out we have.

Three Bug Type starters.

And two Bug Type users.

This shouldn't bother me as much as it does.

You could say it's...

bugging you?

sorry

In all seriousness thou, I want to be as permissive as I can with your Pokemon choices, even if that means there'd be some repetition.

Besides, Bugs are like 10% of the whole PokeDex, so it's a-ok I guess.

Kytes looks good, I'll add him immediately.

EDIT: Important stuff:

I forgot to mention something about moves.

I'm not going to force you to follow the game's style with 4 moves. You are going to have most of your Pokemon's moves that can be learnt by level, but please refrain yourself from using Fire Blast or Last Resort early on. During the early stages of the RP, you'll have your Pokemon's early moves.

Take Magby for example. He starts with Smog and Leer. If I followed the game's rules, you'd start with a Level 5 Magby with Smog, Leer and Ember. I'm trying to give you guys some freedom, so let's say you can use Smokescreen, Feint Attack and Fire Spin, which are Magby's following moves.

Egg Moves are allowed, but follow the same criteria please.

All I ask of you guys is to use your own judgement as to what moves your Pokemon can use at his current strength level.

There WILL be Move Tutors and TMs on this RP, so moves that can only be learned that way are only available that way.

'sees the bit about moves and clicks tongue'

...well, if anyone makes the mistake of challenging Neos, and I mean the Ditto himself instead of his Pokemon, they are gonna get severely-slammed...he's equal to being over Level 65 in the games...fortunately, this won't happen unless the opponent straight-up verbally challenges the Ditto.

I think I'm probably gonna stick to four moves at a time anyway.
Makes it simpler.
Plus I can't imagine it being easy for a Pokemon to be skilled in a bunch of attacks at once.

Edit: Maybe not, idk, but it seems iffy.

This. I think the most moves they've ever shown a single pokemon knowing at a time is 6 or 7.

Archived