Pokemon, the Forbidden Star [OOC - Started - Not Accepting - PG16] (co-hosted by Lord CowCow)

Durandamon

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I actually have a question.  If you level up a pokémon in one of its earlier evolution stages, I'm gonna use Weedle as my example because it's relevant, to a level above the level where a later evolution would learn a move can that later stage still learn that move?

Specifically, Weedle can be leveled up to level 15 at which point it learns Bugbite.  However, if you level it up that far then it won't evolve into Beedrill until level 17.  This is problematic, because Beedrill learns Twinneedle at level 16, and Focus Energy at level 13.  So, would Beedrill still have access to those moves if it was leveled to 15 as a Weedle?

Note, I'm asking purely in the context of this RP.

[spoiler=Elchienada Amos]

Full Name: Elchienada “Elchi” Amos
[spoiler=Appearance]

9080d3a7d32fa3013698a5f4463cb7be82640fc9

5’31 in height.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality]

Elchi’s a nature lover since she was a kid, and thus, she’s not the type to be bound in one place, always travelling towards any places she could get to. A nice girl at heart, she could easily come off as rude for others though, and she had a bad sense in jokes, at times incomprehensibly so. She doesn’t care that much about battling, personally, though when she need to do it, she can hold herself well enough, even though not really outstandingly, just enough.

She seems to be the type that cast aside responsibilities to live in a carefree manner, but she’s not really someone like that actually, it just that she doesn’t have much on her hands for her to care about.

She can also be really, really sour to others, but it’s quite rare and would only happen in a short time, only once in a blue moon.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Bio]

Since she was little, she rarely stayed in her hometown, usually following her grandfather on his trips all around the globe. Johto, Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Fiore, and even Orre, she had visited them. Though, when she was still with him, she couldn’t really enjoy those places, as she was always under the protective watch of her grandfather all the time there.

On her fifteenth birthday, she asked her mother, a Pokemon trainer when she was younger, whether she could borrow one of her Pokemon and start her own journey. Her mother lent her a Skarmory for this purpose, and with it going with her, she went on a journey to feel the world on her own, without anything binding her aside from the mandatory weekly phonecalls to home.

Two years later, she arrived in the Hoshi Island to see the famous Star Festival there, but not long after she arrived there, during her stay in a nearby Pokemon Center, someone stole the entirety of her bag, aside from her camera. Money, notebooks, spare clothes, and most importantly, her Skarmory, all was gone overnight.

After several days of completely disastrous mood, she decided to go and visit the nearby Pokemon Lab, and since she was not really a proper trainer yet, she thought she could get a starter to be her partner for now, while she’s still thinking on how to find her old partner again.

[/spoiler]
Origin: Olivine City, Johto
Starter Pokemon: Aron
Misc: Theme song: Chata – Another Face

[/spoiler]

I can still post an app here, right?

Since you said you'll close apps soon, I'm wondering whether I still can or not.

[spoiler='Corinne']

Full Name: Corinne Hayes 

[spoiler='Appearance']5086-1054205784.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Personality']Precocious and likes to do things "by the book." Corinne tends to look at life in terms of goals instead of enjoying life. Needs things organized and perfect. She likes interacting with people, but doesn't take their feelings into account. She sees emotions as a weakness, but is emotional herself, easily worked up into a frenzy. Tends to take notes on everything she encounters and studies books vigorously. On the other hand, she tends to run out of stamina quickly, leading her to take naps in unconventional places. Eats her vegetables. She has no qualms about a little manipulation, but believes that ability is the biggest judge of character, not connections. Her main weaknesses are cute things, which cause her to blush and stammer. She also has a phobia of centipedes.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Bio']

Born and raised in Rustboro City, where she attended the Trainers' School. There she found a role model in Roxanne, an alumnus. Corinne devoted herself to study and eventually became relatively skilled as a trainer. However, her goal was not to be a trainer, but to be a teacher. Even now, that is still her goal. However, one of the requirements to become a teacher is life experience as a trainer, so she has set out on a journey, hoping to gain enough experience to become a good teacher.

She has a fairly normal family of one mother, one father, and one little brother, whom she dotes on like her Pokémon. She went to her grandparents every summer in Pacifidlog, where she gained experience in swimming, fishing, and surfing. She also gained a love of water Pokémon there and met her starter, Dru the Horsea.

[/spoiler]

Origin: Rustboro City, Hoenn

[spoiler='Team']

[spoiler='Dru the Horsea']

Level: 8

Ability: Sniper

Personality: Modest, hates to lose

Moves: Bubble, Smokescreen, Octazooka

Location Caught: Pacifidlog Town

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Contra the Pineco']

Level: 8

Ability: Sturdy

Personality: Impish, scatters things often

Moves: Tackle, Protect, Self-Destruct

Location Caught: Midori Forest

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Misc.']

Ability: Super Luck (the RNG favors her)

Hobbies: Reading, taking naps while floating on her back, and fishing.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

The move thing probably isn't a good idea, I'm not sure. I just want to give you guys enough freedom, but yeah. Most Pokemon can't use a lot of their moves at a time right?

Okay, I actually have a question.  If you level up a pokémon in one of its earlier evolution stages, I'm gonna use Weedle as my example because it's relevant, to a level above the level where a later evolution would learn a move can that later stage still learn that move?

Specifically, Weedle can be leveled up to level 15 at which point it learns Bugbite.  However, if you level it up that far then it won't evolve into Beedrill until level 17.  This is problematic, because Beedrill learns Twinneedle at level 16, and Focus Energy at level 13.  So, would Beedrill still have access to those moves if it was leveled to 15 as a Weedle?

Note, I'm asking purely in the context of this RP.

Yeah, you would have access to them, since levels are not really a strict thing in here.

--------------

Also, I had decided against closing apps until the IC is posted, which will be during this week. So...

Pari

Corinne 

Enchilada Elchienada

Silver

Have been Accepted.

Still, due to us having 12 RPers now, that seems to be enough, so...

Applications Closed

Well, having access to egg moves for an Aron would be quite amusing, due to early access to moves like Superpower, Iron Head, Head Smash, and to an extent, Dragon Rush.

I agree with Lordcowcow that we should limit egg moves access.

(though for level-up moves, not having proper defined moveslot limit is fine, since not many can be really versatile or broken from level up moves alone.)

Giving each character's starter one egg moves max each would be fine, to be honest.

That'd work actually.

Thanks for the help guys btw, I'd like most of us to be comfortable with how this works ^^

EDIT: as if Weedle needs egg moves
Weedle_(anime_AG).png
Does this look like the face of mercy?

I realized I never mentioned the moves Princess has in the IC. I can't really seem to think of a good place to put it so hope it's fine to just type it out here.

Princess: Lv 5(I assume?)

Docile Nature.

Horn Attack

Tail Whip

Fury Attack

Rock Climb (Egg move. Despite being impractical, battle-wise, it makes sense. Cause it means Naomi can rest on Princess even while scaling cliffs and such.)

Archived