Dad Gets Revenge On His Daughter’s Vicious Bullies By Doing THIS…

Just Crouton

Source

Please note: this video contains extremely racist language.

Bradley Knudson of Prior Lake Minnesota knows the impact of racism all too well. In this video, Bradley speaks openly and honestly about his beautiful adoptive daughter, who is black, being bullied via Snapchat and the unbelievable response from the bully’s father.

Bradley’s daughter was enjoying a night out with friends, when things took a terrible turn… she started receiving racist rants from her classmates via Snapchat, a video messaging app.

“Not only was it bullying, but it was also racism. When they got the fourth message from these kids…my wife and I decided to take out my phone and videotape it as it was happening.” What follows is a disturbing video message full of hate, racial slurs and verbal abuse directed towards his daughter.

After several failed attempts at reaching the bullies’ parents and trying to communicate with them, Bradley decided to show this to the world.

Kids can be so cruel, but it all comes down to the parents to stop spreading such prejudice. Clearly, the parents Bradley’s dealing with are the root of the problem.

The media is starting to share this video, which is currently going viral. I think as many people as possible should see this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688&v=iKVQX35yYc8&x-yt-cl=84503534

_________

According to the comments, the parents of the bullies have been fired from their jobs, and the school is investigating.

The Youtube comments never cease to amaze me.

But they bring up interesting points, sort of not really.

This feels a bit drastic, but still. 
I'm also making comments without watching the video, so...

Honestly…the comment by the father on the video explaining things further needs to be read by people as well (which it is). 

I felt like the father's heart was in the right place, though.

I would also like to say that I really don't think what happens after should be blamed on the father/family involved, as what schools/employers do is up to them based on the information they have. This video should be seen as "information" and not something trying to ruin lives, lol.

Fucking crackers.  Amirte? I'm just kidding 

Naw but really fuck those guys.  This isn't the typical mean girls gossip bullying either.  This is just harassment, which is illegal and bad.

edit: And of course he mentioned the people by name.  No.  Stop.

Turning the internet into a lynch mob ain't fix shit. 

edit: It seems the one guy got fired because he also sent racist threats or some shit.  That's justifiable I guess. 

Why not? 

You fail to understand the scope of hatred that the internet can bring down upon certain individuals.

Yes, the people made a horrible mistake, but now that the internet knows their identities, it will never cease to hate them for it. Even if they repent, even if they learn their mistake, it won't really matter. Even though the whole point is about preventing discrimination, can you imagine the amount of discrimnation that's going to come for the bullies for who knows, maybe the rest of their lives, due to one incident?

It's true that they may deserve this to some extent, and surely they had this coming whereas many others may waltz off without such punishments, but we can't let ourselves be consumed by hatred. We can't let ourselves do the same thing and blindly insult those who insult others. It would've been enough had they stayed anonymous and be able to witness the intensity of the uproar against them. The punishment from the authorities alone would've been far more than sufficient to deal with scum like this.

But something like this, like exposing them to the internet in such a way that they all go viral - don't you understand? That'll completely ruin their lives, forever.

If Puro didn't want the father to speak up he should've taken care of things privately between them, but that didn't happen.

Maybe giving the family's identity online was a bit much, but I can't say I have any sympathy for them. Puro did say he didn't have a problem if this were posted on social media and his name was given, so if he regrets it later he should've had a bit more foresight.

Even though the whole point is about preventing discrimination

If we were to apply those same anti-discrimination safeguards to Deron Puro's family against those who'd condemn their actions, we would be referring to discrimination in the broadest sense of the word. That type of discrimination is the reason three-year-olds aren't piloting planes. Preventing such discrimination would be preventing thinking. 

This is about preventing discrimination based on superficial factors that aren't reasonable grounds for discrimination, including race.

But something like this, like exposing them to the internet in such a way that they all go viral - don't you understand? That'll completely ruin their lives, forever.

The man who posted this video has friends whose thirteen-year-old son was driven to suicide. Deron Puro's family was simply driven to apologize. The reason that this video has become viral in the first place is because there are enough people with enough vested interest in preventing bullying. If it weren't a relevant problem, this video wouldn't have gotten the attention it did.

Since it's a relevant problem, blowing the whistle on Deron Puro's family sends a message to others who would perpetuate bullying, which in turn is meant to reduce the number of thirteen-year-old suicides. 

Since it's a relevant problem, blowing the whistle on Deron Puro's family sends a message to others who would perpetuate bullying, which in turn is meant to reduce the number of thirteen-year-old suicides. 

That itself is not a problem. I never said it wasn't a relevant problem, and indeed, it has to be dealt with. Just posting the video was fine, since not only would it help their own situation but it'd also greatly increase awareness for a great many others all over the world about both bullying and suicide. Doing that was the right thing to do, and with this much support, it can't possibly have been wrong.

The only problem I have with what's been done is releasing the identities of those involved. It doesn't benefit anyone, and is rather an act that is simply to guarantee vengeance against the bullies, hence my use of the term 'discrimination' - you misunderstood a little about my intention there, and I guess that there's a better way I could've put. But hence, in my opinion, that was a step too far.

Admittedly, I'd probably feel the same way myself. After what happened to his daughter, honestly, I can't blame the guy :/

But that still doesn't change the fact that it was a step too far.

It isn't a step too far at all. The other parents pretty much gave their permission to have their names be publicized by saying "We don't care if our names go public".

If anything, they wanted to be in the spotlight, and this father obliged him. It's not his problem if the offender didn't ask himself "What could POSSIBLY go wrong? :D"

And either way, if the courts got involved, the names would be publicized anyway, because well... news stories LOVE things like this. 

parents didn't stop then, in fact, they condoned and expanded upon the behavior. As such, they lost all respect from me, even if the internet knows who they are forever now, at the root of the problem, they are the ones who allowed/helped the issue to escalate, thereby removing their own innocence.

That itself is not a problem.

13-year-old suicides aren't a problem?

That itself is not a problem. I never said it wasn't a relevant problem, and indeed, it has to be dealt with.

1) You're contradicting yourself, which is a small mercy in that at least you're not entirely committed to the suggestion that thirteen-year old suicides aren't a problem, but doesn't make understanding your position a whole lot easier.  

2) Progress was made here but the problem as a whole has not at all been "dealt with" because racist/sexist/homophobic parents continue to perpetuate their attitudes via their children, a cause for serious harm that has led to suicides and will again.   

It doesn't benefit anyone, and is rather an act that is simply to guarantee vengeance against the bullies, hence my use of the term 'discrimination'

1) This clearly benefits people, both directly and indirectly.

2) Even if this didn't benefit anyone, your use of "discrimination" in this context wouldn't make any more sense because whether or not a person is being discriminated against is not changed by whether this benefitted anyone. "Discrimination", when used to refer to the unequal treatment of people on the grounds of factors beyond their control such as the circumstances of their birth, is objectionable. That's not what's happening to the Puros. 

The only problem I have with what's been done is releasing the identities of those involved. It doesn't benefit anyone.

I don't know, I feel pretty fucking benefited knowing that those three pieces of shit are having a really rough time right now. 

This is very personal to me because I was bullied when I was 10 years old and it...has been stuck with me forever!!! It has gone to the point where I get depression nowadays! (I am now 15 years old) and lose my confidence! For bullies out there, stop, its not worth it. It just scars people, forever!

this video actually does do good although somewhat indirectly. to people being bullied or were once bullied everywhere, simply watching this video, and reading the responses and the consequences inflicted upon the aforementioned bullies grants a sense of relief. it let's people see the good in the world, and it brought consequences down upon the bullies due solely to their lack of remorse. it undoubtedly helped the daughter, as it demonstrated that she was loved by her parent(s) and showed the world as a whole does not condone that kind of s***.

the parents losing their job is an example of real-world consequences from actions that are not accepted by polite society. they themselves decided that the actions of their children was okay, and they themselves perpetuated the actions of their children. as such, the consequences that befall them are entirely of their own design. they set up the situation, they have no right to complain about the end result. even if no other business wants to hire them, they chose to perpetuate negativity, and now they're learning the price for destructive reinforcement.

lets say for a moment that this video was made differently, let's say he mentioned no names, and gave no soundbytes. the impact of the video would have dropped quite a bit, there probably would not have been consequences because the excuses for humans mentioned would have retained anonymity and even if there had been, it would have taken far longer than it did. likely reducing the overall impact of the video. this video gives a focus for the anger, an outlet if you will for all the people on the internet, who in real life have been forced to go through, or witness the effects of bullying.

TL;DR the people in this video deserve most of what's going to come their way from this video, and the stuff that they don't deserve could have been avoided if they had demonstrated remorse from the start.

1) This clearly benefits people, both directly and indirectly.

2) Even if this didn't benefit anyone, your use of "discrimination" in this context wouldn't make any more sense because whether or not a person is being discriminated against is not changed by whether this benefitted anyone. "Discrimination", when used to refer to the unequal treatment of people on the grounds of factors beyond their control such as the circumstances of their birth, is objectionable. That's not what's happening to the Puros. 

Yeah, it seems that I'm generating some really big misunderstandings here...

Admittedly, I could've used a different word from discrimination since I was using it to compare unequal treatment to one with ground behind it. But the point is, regarding my thoughts on this, just so you all get it - I have absolutely no problem with most of what he's done in the video, since not only will it bring justice but it will also indeed greatly increase awareness, and the people involved do indeed a lot of what's coming for them. The whole 'releasing names' thing is the only thing I question. Since the world would've probably reacted extensively whether or not he did that little thing, and that is the sole thing I believe doesn't benefit anyone.

But even with that slight moral wibble-wobble, I am ENTIRELY in agreement with what's been done otherwise, since people in the world really do need to open up their eyes more when it comes to bullying. Besides, the few downs don't compare to the many many ups of the videos, and I just brought it up since I was doubtful of that particular thing.

I was just thinking that releasing their names may bring about an unequal justice to these people, even if it is their own fault, which it is. And by trying to explain that small point in more detail, I apparently generated confusion. Is this clear enough?

It seems like I've put my words a little too wrongly yesterday and ended up looking like a monster or something, which hurts pretty bad .-.

Yeah, it seems that I'm generating some really big misunderstandings here...
>snip<
It seems like I've put my words a little too wrongly yesterday and ended up looking like a monster or something, which hurts pretty bad .-.

I don't count you as a monster, and I figured you were in at least 90% range of agreement. I can't speak for others though. My comment was just over the general video and addressed the most frequent disagreements I've seen here and on youtube against it (tailored more towards here in this one, I made another large comment on youtube though). I can see where you're coming from with the whole "he shouldn't have revealed their names" thing, but at the same time, I think part of the reason the video had as large of an impact as it did was because he released their names/faces/voicemails. it became more than another nameless reprimand of online bullies, it actually gained a face, and when you have a face on the internet, that makes you a lot easier to criticize(for better or worse)

but yeah, in short, the names/faces contributed to the overall impact of this video.

Although the name of your avatar isn't really helping your "not a monster" status...

After thinking about it, I wouldn't really say that the father himself has gone too far. But the internet really likes to circlejerk about things, especially if they can justifiably take the moral high ground.

Like this: https://twitter.com/DeronPuro 

That in itself isn't even what I would call "too far," but it can get a little annoying.  Eh, everyone will forget about it eventually anyway.  

There is a good lesson to take away from this.  Be careful what you say on the internet.  People will find it. 

There is a good lesson to take away from this.  Be careful what you say on the internet.  People will find it.

^Sure, but the lesson of not using racist/sexist/homophobic slurs in the first place shouldn't exactly come secondary to concerns about getting caught over the internet. 

Well, I hope I can relieve your pain by assuring you that your fears of being viewed as a monster are unfounded as it'd be an oversight of Hanlon's Razor for anyone to draw such an impression of you from your words here.

mfw replies on the dad's comment:
[spoiler="Large amount of images"]39d00b50e3.png
and
ce728d468b.png
and
87e89b0b2a.png
and
3074f6e239.png
and
436a21c498.png
and
f5ea5d0c99.png
and
03eda60fc1.png[/spoiler]

Anybody here object to revealing the real names of anybody in that comment section?

Personally, I don't hope people get injured for their comments, but the people in that comment section piss me off. and their wellbeing is currently insignificant in the face of my annoyance at their comments.

Archived