Rank-Up Tailed Beasts?

martin_zagorec69

Shukaku is essentially a R1 version of 101 that can steal ANY monster regardless of whether it's face-up or down. Added to that, it cannot die by battle if it has Xyz Materials; though 1500 DEF is on the lower end for a R1 monster; especially a 3-mat one.

I vaguely remember Black doing an Xyz quite similar to this, but at a higher Rank and stuff. You need an OPT clause on this, otherwise Shukaku basically does 101's job twice in one shot.

And just so you know, we use 101 as a reference tool A LOT in this section.

Matatabi banishes most bosses on its own. I'd like to mention the fact that banish effects need to be dealt with carefully, considering that unlike flat out killing it by destruction, banished cards generally can't do much after that. Deck-wise, aside from Tanukis or something (but not sure if they really want to go into 3-mat Xyz over 64 and stuff); not really much here. Or some other anime things.

Isobu messes up Shaddolls to an extent, by sealing off their Flip Effects that turn. Or you can soften up an opponent's boss, so it's easier to kill. There are some uses though, but definitely neutering Shaddolls and other Flip heavy Decks is a good thing.

---

A word of caution regarding the other beasts, assuming you use the same pattern of 3 Level (x) mats.

Keep in mind that certain Ranks aren't particularly the best things to be making with 3-mats; particularly 6 - 8 (which would be Saiken, Choumei and Gyuki).

Also with Kurama at Rank 9.

Also keep in mind that most Rank-Up-Magics require either a Chaos Xyz or a Number monster to be Ranked Up to; you can't use them to Xyz Summon these. If the idea here was to make them Rank-Ups, then you might want to reconsider the concept; and make them 2-mat things. In Shukaku's case, it'll just turn into real 101 that cannot die by battle, and lacks effect protection.

• 1 month later...

Yeah,  I wanted to upload all of the cards (didn't really know how).
This archetype's main card would be their own RUM card (I'll paste the links). 
First three beasts have low ATK, but their effects are more defensive.
4-7 are more random effects but have decent ATK, and they aren't that hard to summon because they can be easily ranked up.
8 and 9 are restricted for regular Xyz but must be ranked up from Chomei which is a bit hard to summon but their effects are devastating so it's worth to have difficulty to summon them.
Effect of RUM should be more softened (about not leaving the field) to not being destroyed by effects that target.

http://prntscr.com/6g85d3

http://prntscr.com/6g8boc

Archived