Darj

Gladiator Beast Artaxerxias
Attribute: WATER
Type: Reptile/Effect
Level: 6
ATK: 2500
DEF: 1700
"Gladiator Beast Retiari"+ 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) When this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Gladiator" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. Any card effects that activate in your opponent's Graveyard cannot be activated. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: You can shuffle it into the Extra Deck; Special Summon 2 "Gladiator Beast" monsters from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Retiari".

I thought about this from the recent "Abyss Dweller" thread on TCG section, and indirectly from Dark Law, in the sense that Konami could have given a one-sided Macro to pretty much any archetype out there to suddenly make it relevant, but they chose their beloved HEROes. So now I made a pseudo-Dark Law, or to be precise an archetype Abyss Dweller, for Glads.

I chose Retiari because its "banish from grave" effect is related to grave disruption, it's one of my favorite Glads artwork and effect-wise (even if it is not as strong as Darius, Bestiari, etc.), plus it takes its WATER Attribute in case you feel like teching Prisma & Miracle Fusion for A-0 plays. The Reptile-Type is more of a personal change because I prefer it over Aqua-Type, technically Retiari is "evolving" into a reptile through the Fusion, and Retiari resembles a reptile anyways; I never understood why it was made as an Aqua.

The searching effect is to keep the advantage up, grant Glads an additional boon to stand against the top tiers, plus unlike Equeste in can search other support cards such as Proving Ground and Gladiator's Return.

Thoughts?

Archived