Uria, Lord of Searing Flames

JegusBeams

I made a bunch of other cards to go with this version of Uria and I'm going to put them in Advanced in a bit, but seeing as this new Uria is DIVINE and Advanced doesn't allow DIVINE monsters, I'll just leave this one here (EDIT: Here's the thread with the other cards):

Uria%2C%20Lord%20of%20Searing%20Flames.p

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by sending 3 face-up Trap Cards you control to the Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When Special Summoned, cards and effects cannot be activated. This card is unaffected by Trap effects. This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each Trap Card in your Graveyard. Once per turn: You can banish any number of Trap Cards from your Graveyard, and if you do, target cards on the field equal to the number of cards banished; destroy them.

[spoiler=Change Log]

• 2/8/15: Created card.
  • 2/9/15: Mass-destruction effect changed to targeting.
  • 2/17/15: Can no longer be Summoned as a Quick Effect.
  • 3/5/15: Corrected OCG to fine-tune timing technicalities.

[/spoiler]

I gave him God card/Star Eater-esque Summon safety and some Trap immunity because I figured otherwise people'd be able to get him off the field almost instantly (there's always just a plain Raigeki or something like Carrier though), which kind of ruins the point of a boss monster. DIVINE/Divine-Beast is pretty much always frowned upon but I thought it fit him, as a Sacred Beast - his relationship to Slifer isn't exactly subtle, plus this way he can access Mound of the Bound Creator. ATK/DEF gain is self-explanatory. Mass-destruction is to give him some more power and playmaking ability as a trump card; also, it offers what's intended to be the primary incentive for using him in tandem with the Searing Flame Reactors from my other set (refer to top). Your thoughts?

Just as a sidenote, if you're going to post a picture; you need to do it via an image host; NOT do it from Dropbox because not everyone can see it.

Considering most Decks, the highest I could see this card reaching is probably 5-6k [even if we're in a low Trap format, from what I've been told lately]. 

I also should point out that removal effects should target what they're supposed to get rid of; not targeting is VERY dangerous + if opponent chains to the initial card, you can simply choose another target to hit. Might not sound like a big difference, but it really does. 

Will this make Uria more playable? At least this allows you to use Trap Monsters and stuff, so I could see a boost. 

Archived