Photo

Struggle of Powers II (OOC/Started/Still Accepting!)

* * * * * 1 votes Rogue Studios Con Corp YCM Ultra Hotel Jake the Sage RP Struggle of Powers

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

Jake the Sage

Jake the Sage

I ALWAYS Come Back!

• Legendary Members
  • 23,246 posts
    Last Visit Nov 01 2018 07:27 PM

Struggle_of_Powers_II_Background.jpg

We all know the story. How one thousand years ago, give or take, the humans, in their fear of beings labeled “supers”, took up arms and began to systematically exterminate every single one. Man. Woman. Not even children were said to have been spared.

The Supers fought back. With their inherent abilities, many capable of fighting entire garrisons on their own, they proved a deadly force; one that the humans had to out think in order to outdo. This war, spurred on by violence and fear, caused our planet to crack and succumb to the forces that were being imposed on her.

Eventually, as all long drawn out conflicts do, the fighting slowed.

But it has never stopped.

Even when so-called “governments” rose from the ashes of the old world, the fighting never truly ceased. Humans still kill supers. Supers still kill humans. Worse, both sides torture and are tortured.

Recently the Southern Territories, helmed by a human who only saw Supers as effective slave labor and nothing more, has been replaced by in a violent rebellion.

It’s been five years since then.

Five, long years of grief. Of rebuilding what was lost in those precious few weeks that changed so much in all of us.

Now the Northern Walls are back to their former glory. A symbol of protection in a world that so often would rather see hope crushed and lives snuffed out. Humans and supers from every corner of the barren world travel to the North now.

They hope that they can begin a new life within those walls.

A new life, were they don’t have to worry about death.

Or worse, the horrors that can be done to the still breathing.

Lady Kyou has summoned the leader of the South, former ally, Destined, and his advisers to the North in order to commemorate the anniversary of the “Wars” end.

Yet Lady Kyou is bothered by something. It is the same thing that has been bothering her for years now.

The West

The West has been too quiet, for too long.

It is up to you to decide the fate of this world.

Will you see an end to this war?

Or use it for your own gain?

[/spoiler]

Rules

Application

Super Power List

While it isn't against the rules to have the same power as someone already in the game, please try to make your character unique- since Supers can have three powers (meaning three green, one green and two yellow, or two yellows) then try to mix and match certain powers for your character(s)

Role Play Information

The career of a Sage is of two kinds: He is either honored by all in the world, Like a flower waving its head, Or else he disappears into the silent forest

Stamps

Tythe

Tythe

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,521 posts
    Last Visit 36 minutes ago
  • Alias:Tinkerer
Question: What is the setting exactly of this RP? Past? Modern times? I couldn't completely tell from the intro/plot..

In any case I'll write up my app tomorrow.
Hello, fine peoples!

Oh hey, something notable I guess

Jake the Sage

Jake the Sage

I ALWAYS Come Back!

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 23,246 posts

Question: What is the setting exactly of this RP? Past? Modern times? I couldn't completely tell from the intro/plot..

The setting is in a world that is slightly futuristic, yet also post apocalyptic. Because of the war many technology is regulated to government use only and can't be obtained normally by the average Joe or Jane. Of course people can go about stealing said technologies but . . . that's risky.

The career of a Sage is of two kinds: He is either honored by all in the world, Like a flower waving its head, Or else he disappears into the silent forest

Stamps

Durandamon

Durandamon

Holy Sword Digimon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Durendal

This sounds awesome and I'll note interest.

16hkun4.png

H O P E

Cosmo.

Cosmo.

Whatthef***ever.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
    Last Visit Mar 10 2017 04:20 PM

Sounds really cool, noting interest

Shadow Zero

Shadow Zero

You there, you have an interesting look.

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,101 posts
    Last Visit Jan 22 2017 04:33 PM

I may consider joining. If I do it'll take time to provide an app as I have other things to do and there is a lot to read through in the first post, power wise.

Jake the Sage

Jake the Sage

I ALWAYS Come Back!

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 23,246 posts

note interest.

noting interest

I may consider joining. If I do it'll take time to provide an app as I have other things to do and there is a lot to read through in the first post, power wise.

Thank you guys for being interested and I hope that everyone puts up their applications as soon as possible.

Stamps

Cosmo.

Cosmo.

Whatthef***ever.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Thank you guys for being interested and I hope that everyone puts up their applications as soon as possible.

I would like to know if i could do a certain combo of powers for my character, so here it is and i would like your opinion, then maybe later or tomorrow if that combo's fine i'll start working on my app.

Shadow Manipulation (but very weak, can just hide in shadows), ink manipulation (this is her/his main ability, so it's at the most powerful state) and Animal transmutation (but he/she can become just a black swan)

So yeah that's my idea for a character, and i would like to know if that combo isn't okay.

Jake the Sage

Jake the Sage

I ALWAYS Come Back!

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 23,246 posts

I would like to know if i could do a certain combo of powers for my character, so here it is and i would like your opinion, then maybe later or tomorrow if that combo's fine i'll start working on my app.

Shadow Manipulation (but very weak, can just hide in shadows), ink manipulation (this is her/his main ability, so it's at the most powerful state) and Animal transmutation (but he/she can become just a black swan)

So yeah that's my idea for a character, and i would like to know if that combo isn't okay.

Uh . . . . I didn't see an Ink Manipulation in the list. There was Ink Generation, but not manipulation.

The other two I really don't see a big problem with them. So you can be a super who can just hide in shadows that can also turn into a black swan.

Stamps

Cosmo.

Cosmo.

Whatthef***ever.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Uh . . . . I didn't see an Ink Manipulation in the list. There was Ink Generation, but not manipulation.

The other two I really don't see a big problem with them. So you can be a super who can just hide in shadows that can also turn into a black swan.

Yeah i meant generation, sorry i'm bad at memorizing things, so yeah i think that later i'll do my app

Azure Wolf

Azure Wolf

"It's time to end this!"

• Water Blue
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
  • Discord:Azure#6792
  • Alias:Azure Wolf
  • Spouse:Shigure
I'm  interested.

Would it be possible to be a Super yet work for humans as a mercenary. If not it's not that big of a deal.

App

YCM Card (By Nyx)

Jake the Sage

Jake the Sage

I ALWAYS Come Back!

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 23,246 posts

Would it be possible to be a Super yet work for humans as a mercenary. If not it's not that big of a deal.

Yes of course! The South right now is lead by a Super but is still mostly made up of humans. The West is also more human than Super and constantly uses Supers as weapons so I don't see why it'd be that big of a problem.

Stamps

Azure Wolf

Azure Wolf

"It's time to end this!"

• Water Blue
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
  • Discord:Azure#6792
  • Alias:Azure Wolf
  • Spouse:Shigure

Got the app done, there shouldn't be much wrong with it except maybe the personality.

YCM Card (By Nyx)

Jake the Sage

Jake the Sage

I ALWAYS Come Back!

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 23,246 posts

Got the app done, there shouldn't be much wrong with it except maybe the personality.

Well some things are too similar and don't seem to match up (like why she hates Supers yet adopts children who are Supers).

That doesn't matter though sadly. Application Instant Refusal.

You need to know the rules . . . .

Stamps

Durandamon

Durandamon

Holy Sword Digimon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
    Last Visit
Super

16hkun4.png

H O P E

Jake the Sage

Jake the Sage

I ALWAYS Come Back!

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 23,246 posts

Super

*ahem*

The personality and biography are too similar- fix it! Remember personality should be how someone acts and reacts to certain situations, not how they grew to act the way they did. Biography is the why and when.

As for the biography the North is generally a peaceful place where violence against each other, much less human on super or vice-versa, is extremely rare. That is something more akin to how the South of the past would be and then your character would most likely be a slave.

We already have an ice manipulator in the roster as a NPC, so please try to find something else.

Sorry . . . .

Stamps

Durandamon

Durandamon

Holy Sword Digimon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
    Last Visit

I was wondering if the personality was wrong, I'll change it in a bit.

And, as for the biography, I figured since it had been a couple of years before, right after the end of the war and stuff, there would be tensions from both sides against the other.

Also, I'll change my character into a Water Manipulator then.

16hkun4.png

H O P E

Jake the Sage

Jake the Sage

I ALWAYS Come Back!

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 23,246 posts

I figured since it had been a couple of years before, right after the end of the war and stuff, there would be tensions from both sides against the other.

Under Northern rule violence amongst "the races" is strictly forbidden and is constantly looked out for. Considering one of the main authority figures is a mass psychic who can sense the location of everyone in the city . . . it's generally "taken to court" if there is ever a dispute.

Stamps

Durandamon

Durandamon

Holy Sword Digimon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
    Last Visit

I will change the bio too then ^^

EDIT: Changes done, hopefully its ok now.

16hkun4.png

H O P E

Jake the Sage

Jake the Sage

I ALWAYS Come Back!

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 23,246 posts

Changes done, hopefully its ok now.

Once again the North is not known for violence against Supers. That would be more the South and West; West being more prominent and possible.

Stamps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users