[Archetype] Stereo-BOT (14/14)

Atypical-Abbie

Stereo-BOT is a Machine-Type/LIGHT Archetype based around supporting other copies of the same monster with their effects. They also each have an effect that can negate a card that activates in response to their effects by discarding 1 card. This is also another rare case where I have images for my Archetype!

[spoiler=Cards]

Main Deck Monsters:

LMQaCYm.png
When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can discard up to 2 cards; Special Summon "Stereo-BOT: Fast Shooter"(s) from your hand up to the number of cards discarded this way, and if you do, you can increase the Level of all "Stereo-BOT: Fast Shooter"(s) you control by 1. If a card or effect is activated in response to the activation of this card's effect: You can discard 1 card; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it.

EuBOD6N.png
If you control no other "Stereo-BOT" monsters: You can target 1 "Stereo-BOT: Tag Teamer" in your Graveyard, then banish 1 other "Stereo-BOT" card from your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in Defense Position, and if you do, you can increase this card's Level and that target's Level by up to 2. You cannot Special Summon other monsters during the turn you use this effect, except "Stereo-BOT" monsters. You can only use this effect of "Stereo-BOT: Tag Teamer" once per turn. If a card or effect is activated in response to the activation of this card's effect: You can discard 1 card; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it.

Tz2M2E7.png
When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can add 1 "Stereo-BOT" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand, except "Stereo-BOT: Electric Jabber", then this is the only monster you control, you can Special Summon 1 "Stereo-BOT: Electric Jabber" from your hand, but it cannot declare an attack this turn. You can only use this effect of "Stereo-BOT: Electric Jabber" once per turn. If a card or effect is activated in response to the activation of this card's effect: You can discard 1 card; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it.

oyrO2b2.png
When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Stereo-BOT: Claw Slasher" from your Deck, but its ATK is halved until the end of this turn. If a card or effect is activated in response to the activation of this card's effect: You can discard 1 card; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it.

wbNO14t.png
During either player's turn: You can target 1 other "Stereo-BOT" monster you control; this turn, it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects, also if you targeted "Stereo-BOT: Armed Protector", your opponent cannot attack this card for attacks or effects. You can only use this effect of "Stereo-BOT: Armed Protector" once per turn. If a card or effect is activated in response to the activation of this card's effect: You can discard 1 card; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it.

yBavjSe.png

If this card is sent from the hand to the Graveyard to activate a "Stereo-BOT" card effect: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, but banish it when it leaves the field. After you activate this effect, cannot Special Summon other monsters for the rest of the turn, except "Stereo-BOT" monsters. If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 "Stereo-BOT: Bulky Ascender in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target, and if you do, decrease the Level of that monster and this card by 1. If a card or effect is activated in response to the activation of this card's effect: You can discard 1 card; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it. You can only use each effect of "Stereo-BOT: Something" once per turn.

7sf6zv1.png

You can Normal Summon without Tributing, but its ATK becomes halved. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 "Stereo-BOT" monster in your Graveyard; this card's name and Level become the same as that target, also it gains that target's effects. If a card or effect is activated in response to the activation of this card's effect: You can discard 1 card; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it.

Extra Deck Monsters:

E5r2xuQ.png
2 or more (max. 5) Level 3 "Stereo-BOT" monsters
When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; destroy that target. During each of your End Phase: Detach 2 Xyz Material from this card, or destroy this card. If this card is attached with 2 or more monsters with the same name, you can detach only 1 instead. If a card or effect is activated in response to the activation of this card's effect: You can discard 1 card; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it.

a7Ab2Hc.png
2 or more (max. 5) Level 4 "Stereo-BOT" monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; negate its effects and halve its ATK until the end of this turn. If the detached Xyz Material's name in the Graveyard is the same as the name of an Xyz Material attached to this card, you can activate this effect twice per turn. If a card or effect is activated in response to the activation of this card's effect: You can discard 1 card; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it.

eB3zBRg.png

2 or more Level 5 "Stereo-BOT" monsters
Once per turn, if this card battles an opponent's monster, during damage calculation: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; the ATK and DEF of the opponent's monster becomes 0, but your opponent takes no battle damage from this battle. If the detached Xyz Material's name in the Graveyard is the same as the name of an Xyz Material attached to this card, your opponent takes the battle damage they would have taken from that battle. If a card or effect is activated in response to the activation of this card's effect: You can discard 1 card; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it.

Spell/Trap Cards:

k11MWtN.png
Equip only to a "Stereo-BOT" monster. It gains 700 ATK and 200 DEF. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card, then target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, you can destroy this card instead.

0cDltnt.png
If a you send a card to the Graveyard activate a "Stereo-BOT" card effect: Place 1 Core Counter on this card. "Stereo-BOT" monsters you control gain 200 ATK and DEF for each Core Counter on this card. Once per turn: You can remove any number of Core Counters on this card, then target "Stereo-BOT" monsters you control with Levels equal to the number of Core Counters removed: Increase or decrease their Levels by up to 2 (each target can be increased or decreased by a different Level).

NznbcKF.png
Activate this card by targeting 1 "Stereo-BOT" monster in your Graveyard with the same name as a "Stereo-BOT" monster you control; Special Summon that target. During your Main Phase 1: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard; this turn, you can Normal Summon 1 "Stereo-BOT" monster in additional to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn). If there are not 2 or more monsters with the same name as that target on the field, destroy this card and that target.

3B4dFus.png

Activate this card by discarding 1 "Stereo-BOT" monster; Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster with the same name, Level, Type, Attribute, ATK and DEF as the discarded monster. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, while this card is an Effect Monster: You can target 1 "Stereo-BOT" monster from your Graveyard; this card gains that target's effects until the end of this turn.

[/spoiler]

Eh....they kinda seem like Anime Raid Raptors where if you don't have monsters of the same name in the proper locations you are screwed.  I do like that they can negate effects, but you can lose a lot of hand advantage and fast.  The S/T support definately helps though, especially cath camera.  Also I think the wording on those Xyz monster is a bit odd, plus the case where you only have to detach 1 for Brawler can only happen once, since in the next instance you would not have that monster of the same name.  I have no idea how to fix it though.

Here are some ideas I have:

• Maybe since they are a name based archetype they could have a monster to copy original names?  I feel like that would help this deck play out of bad hands.
  • Discard fodder so you can gain passive advantage off of the effect negations.
  • I have no idea what other plays you have, but these guys are very slow in certain situations.  Without Catch Camera, it is very hard to gain field advantage against a lot of decks.  I think you need more methods of general monster spam, especially since this is an Xyz deck that focuses on gathering as many materials as possible.

Other than that they look pretty interesting.  Looking forward to see what else you can put out.

Eh....they kinda seem like Anime Raid Raptors where if you don't have monsters of the same name in the proper locations you are screwed.  I do like that they can negate effects, but you can lose a lot of hand advantage and fast.  The S/T support definately helps though, especially cath camera.  Also I think the wording on those Xyz monster is a bit odd, plus the case where you only have to detach 1 for Brawler can only happen once, since in the next instance you would not have that monster of the same name.  I have no idea how to fix it though.

Here are some ideas I have:

• Maybe since they are a name based archetype they could have a monster to copy original names?  I feel like that would help this deck play out of bad hands.
  • Discard fodder so you can gain passive advantage off of the effect negations.
  • I have no idea what other plays you have, but these guys are very slow in certain situations.  Without Catch Camera, it is very hard to gain field advantage against a lot of decks.  I think you need more methods of general monster spam, especially since this is an Xyz deck that focuses on gathering as many materials as possible.

Other than that they look pretty interesting.  Looking forward to see what else you can put out.

Was thinking about a card that copies, might do that.

Have a card in the works that helps their discarding become less costly.

They are meant to have a versatile, going from Rank 3-5. I also plan on making a Rank 5 monster as well.

So after giving it A LOT of thought and seeing that most of them were redone I have to say I like the set. Granted they're main problem is that they do absolute nothing once you get multiple copies on the field, but overlay into something else. I mean I can't help but compare them to battery people who become either massive beatsticks or give access to a board wipe once they are spammed. In addition it also makes their "discard to negate clause" seem misplaced. What is there to negate? All the good effects will trigger in damage step and even then these guys aren't speed spell 3.

Tag teamed plus Inferno Reckless Summon looks like the best play for the deck as it stands because there quite a bit of revival in play here. Personally I would wish they do something or you get some kind of reward for having multiple monster with the same name. Other they come off as less effective Guaiba's and Hydroggedons

SN: Is Armed Protector supposed to cause a lock with another copy of itself?

Archived