Yooka Laylee (Banjo-Kazooie Spiritual Successor)

Agro

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full funding in less than an hour? That's amazing! I never got a chance to play Banjo-Kazooie, so this should be fun. Hopefully this ends up with as much funding as Might No. 9, which was around $4 million USD and also featured a new studio re-inventing their old studio's most popular character after the latter's downward trend of games. It's eerie.

I have no words.

I have immense respect for every single title Rareware created in the past, not to mention the ones like Banjoo-Kazooie being among the first games I ever played. Seeing a new studio form with these guys, let alone just a spiritual sucessor to Banjo-kazooie from guys with THIS king of track record has me feeling hype I didnt think was possible any more.

Already backed, and actively hoping they'll break every stretch goal, since if there's any studio I have complete faith in, it's this one.

I'mma purchase this game with money. I feel like this would be a wise decision.

I was a tad worried about how the game LOOKS like it would feel, but then again, that's an "after 3 months of work" build, so I'm not all that concerned. Should be a good time.

Though, an ACTUAL concern would be perhaps this game is a bit too on-the-nose, considering.

It looks really good for only 3 months, I'm glad they went to KS so they can make the game even better.

EDIT: £1M (~$1.5M) has been reached and a couple more stretch goals have been added. Congratulations to Playtonic!

Don't trust Kickstarter. Especially games that don't have gameplay in the trailer. Fucking hell, I hope this turns into MNo. 9 2.0 so I can laugh at everyone supporting this shit.

Lol what the hell dude, you know kickstarter is like, legit? It's not just some pleb shit where you post fake games for people to give money for.
And what about MNo.9? Pretty sure that's going to be good

Also, Yooka Laylee looks amazing, I want so bad.

Don't trust Kickstarter. Especially games that don't have gameplay in the trailer. Fucking hell, I hope this turns into MNo. 9 2.0 so I can laugh at everyone supporting this shit.

MNo. 9 had gameplay shown off during its kickstarter too. I've also seen the various demos people got sent for backing. Not to mention the game actually has a release date in September. Lastly, why would you actively want it to fail, that seems needlessly vindictive. Taunting people like that serves no purpose. So yea......

Anyway, Kickstarter has done great things. This is just one of many sweet games its helped make amazing.

Yeah, I backed Mighty No. 9 and even I have no idea what the fuck this kid is talking about.

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY

fae4ca2792034f86b17b1aefd18ef943_origina

GUYS GUYS GUYS. THEY MAKING A DK RAP FOR THIS GAME

HOLY SHIT DK RAP AND SHADER MOD HOLY FUCK FUCK FUCK
YESSSSS

Archived