Yooka Laylee (Banjo-Kazooie Spiritual Successor)

Agro

Well shit.  If they actually manage to deliver on all this it'll be best game of all time. 

I think Mighty Number 9 is still coming out but they hired some Community Manager that thought it would be a good idea to start getting involved in GamerGate using the official twitter account.  So that's a thing. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Mighty Number 9 is still coming out but they hired some Community Manager that thought it would be a good idea to start getting involved in GamerGate using the official twitter account.  So that's a thing. 

Wasn't the whole thing with the community manager ages ago, though?

It wasn't even a fiasco. She just drew a female Mighty No. 9 in her free time for herself and ended up getting hired as a community manager and everyone flipped out for some reason.

So just to be clear, we're not yet sure on the genders of them yet, are we? Or has it been revealed somewhere?

We don't but I think they referred to the bat as a he in the kickstarter video and everyone was convinced from the start that Yooka is a girl.

It wasn't even a fiasco. She just drew a female Mighty No. 9 in her free time for herself and ended up getting hired as a community manager and everyone flipped out for some reason.

She did block a bunch of people on twitter, (allegedly) so that was a thing.  Everyone did whine out about her drawing a female MN9, which was also a thing. 

Fiasco isn't really the right word.  Petty internet bullshit sums it up more nicely. 

Also both names sound female, but they're also anthropomorphic animals so who knows. 

Oh, hold on, I checked the KS page:

"Our new heroes, Yooka (the green bloke with no pants) and Laylee (the wisecracking lady-bat with the big nose)"

Anyways, I've already talked about the world aesthetic, but I love the character design, too. It looks nice and simple. In particular, I like how Yooka's hands look, random as that sounds.

Petty internet bullshit sums it up more nicely. 

Yeah that's a much better description. The Mighty No. 9 backers seem to just keep getting upset about things that they shouldn't be getting upset about, tbh.

Like with every little thing they announce, there seems to be backlash that doesn't make sense. Internet's dumb af

She did block a bunch of people on twitter, (allegedly) so that was a thing.  Everyone did whine out about her drawing a female MN9, which was also a thing. 

Fiasco isn't really the right word.  Petty internet bullshit sums it up more nicely. 

I thought it was more to do with her getting the job because she knew people internally tbh and that she had never played a megaman before. I dunno, I could be wrong.

Oh, hold on, I checked the KS page:

"Our new heroes, Yooka (the green bloke with no pants) and Laylee (the wisecracking lady-bat with the big nose)"

Kay then. Thought they'd switch it up, but that works too.

I mean I don't want it to BE Banjo-Kazooie. It's been however many years since the game came out. Updating it for all the progress in game design we've had in the past 20 years would be great.

The only criticism I've ever had of Mighty No. 9 was just how much they, and the choices the fan votes made, were trying to make it basically be a Mega Man clone. Seems both games are going in different directions in key areas tho so it should be cool.

I can guarantee you it's pretty shit for something that was supposed to be 1. the "spiritual successor" of Megaman 2. 4 fucking million dolarrooeess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flU6Q9VVOJU

So this...... Is the power.... Of Kickstarter...........

dude, have seen any other successful kickstarter project? the games are pretty amazing.
and this is early access gameplay, when full the game will be kick ass, and so far it already looks pretty awesome lmao.
and just look at the yooka laylee footage before being funded by kickstarter, all of that work in 3 months without proper funding, just imagine what'll happen after this.

and just look at the yooka laylee footage before being funded by kickstarter, all of that work in 3 months without proper funding, just imagine what'll happen after this.

*3 weeks, actually

Also do I even need to mention Shovel Knight?

*3 weeks, actually

Also do I even need to mention Shovel Knight?

wait what
they say on the video and the kickstarter page that it's 3 months in development and that footage was from that

oh and pillars of eternity is another big one

Archived