Photo

Duel Portal Glitches Thread

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
142 replies to this topic

Major's Shadow

Major's Shadow

Your face, it haunts my once pleasant dreams

• CC Judge
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
    Last Visit Mar 08 2019 11:49 AM

When I was dueling for Tourney, on the 3rd game, I couldn't get anything open. It all stayed completely frozen, and I couldn't move my cards at all. When I used the UI interface buttons, it showed in text, and my opponent could see it, but I had no control over the cards. My opponent and my board state completely froze, and I had to forfeit. This glitch never happened before the most recent update, could you please look into it?

-Major's Shadow

3ca37c29061fce8aea80945c2dd7b3f9.gif

"Tried to walk together, but the night was growing dark. Thought you were beside me, but I reached and you were gone." Red™, Until We Have Faces©, Hymn for the Missing

(and yes, I am a guy)

New Cards/Archetypes I've Made

Tarragon (2018)

Marauding Captain Archetype (2018)

Classic Archetypes/Cards I've Made

Syntheticals

RWBY

Kill la Kill

Necrovanyia

Galiants

Monoclipse

Generic Cards

Necrocasters

seattleite

seattleite

Your friendly neighborhood assassin

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,693 posts
    Last Visit Jul 03 2019 10:06 PM

New version released, hopefully dealing with the Tuners and Image Caching bugs.

This is the first of many glitch fixes, I'm gonna tackle some more tomorrow.

When I was dueling for Tourney, on the 3rd game, I couldn't get anything open. It all stayed completely frozen, and I couldn't move my cards at all. When I used the UI interface buttons, it showed in text, and my opponent could see it, but I had no control over the cards. My opponent and  board state completely froze, and I had to forfeit. This glitch never happened before the most recent update, could you please look into it?

It's happened before, but it's rare. I'll mark it down, not sure what the cause is yet. Thanks.

Duel Portal

Marco Polo

Marco Polo

Elite Member

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
    Last Visit Nov 30 2018 12:27 PM

workaround for the cards that don't show up: just flip them face-down then face-up again. works like charm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Signature.jpg

Making my own card art, feel at home to criticize or comment ;)

Deviantart ID: XStutzX

Love of Ghibli

Love of Ghibli

A Calming Breeze

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
    Last Visit Jan 12 2019 04:21 PM
[Async_ExceptionOccurred]
Arguments: 
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft....ceptionOccurred

at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
   at DuelPortalCS.SQLReference.populateSQLCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
   at DuelPortalCS.Home.sqlFile_Get(Object sender, populateSQLCompletedEventArgs e)
   at DuelPortalCS.SQLReference.Service1ConsoleClient.OnpopulateSQLCompleted(Object state)

That keeps popping up on my screen when I try to log in. At one point I somehow bypassed it, but all of my decks were for some reason emptied out. Luckily I was able to get through the one tournament match without the use of pictures...sad face. 

Now I have tried clearing cache but that doesn't seem to work. 

mjVFo6c.jpg

Black Temple Gaurdian

Black Temple Gaurdian

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
    Last Visit Mar 19 2016 04:01 PM
This was a while back, but I had a duel with someone, lost. Then we quit out so I could change decks. When we entered the second duel the Field Spell from my last duel was present.

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Prince

• Survivor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago
  • Discord:Zaziuma#4720

A bug I noticed is that it doesn't tell your opponent in the chat when you put a card from your Deck to your Extra Deck.

When you try to upload an image, it doesn't work and gives you this message.

goodfusion

goodfusion

Snailoon

• Xyz
  • 1,877 posts
    Last Visit Jul 31 2019 10:27 AM

Was trying to duel with someone, but it couldn't connect, and as I clicked to leave duel this appeared:

[Format_InvalidString]
Arguments: 
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft....t_InvalidString

at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
   at DuelPortalCS.Views.DuelFieldNew.FromWatcherArrival(String user, String data)
   at DuelPortalCS.Views.DuelFieldNew.DuelMessageReceived(ChatMessage message)
   at System.Action`1.Invoke(T obj)
   at DuelPortalCS.WCFServiceClient.<>c__DisplayClass3.<HandleEventRaising>b__2()

My signature

Cirrus

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
    Last Visit
There's a pretty heavy density of disconnects just randomly with the server, seemingly possibly even more frequent than it was previously. Especially frequent is the phenomenon that a DC happens immediately after a duel begins. I assume this is under investigation already or there's a known reason for it, but if it isn't - I'm noting it.

Love of Ghibli

Love of Ghibli

A Calming Breeze

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

A lot of weird glitches have been happening. 

The most confusing ones are when I enter to play against someone I am then told "Beginning446 has accepted your Challenge" meaning I have challenged myself. Or when I am the one hosting and someone challenges me, the first thing that happens is that I am repeatedly asked "Are you sure you want to quit this duel." After feverishly clicking cancel...I am sometimes taken to some other duel where I am not present and am theoretically watching other people play.

mjVFo6c.jpg

Yemachu

Yemachu

Woomy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 11:54 AM

The most confusing ones are when I enter to play against someone I am then told "Beginning446 has accepted your Challenge" meaning I have challenged myself. Or when I am the one hosting and someone challenges me, the first thing that happens is that I am repeatedly asked "Are you sure you want to quit this duel." After feverishly clicking cancel...I am sometimes taken to some other duel where I am not present and am theoretically watching other people play.

This is a bug I encountered as well, but with my username in its stead. Also the message that I accepted to duel myself showed up multiple times.

Another bug I encountered, is that I get an exception out of the blue: Not giving any input to duel portal (just looking at the screen) in either the lobby or deckbuilder caused it. As it has something to do with text, I have a feeling that the chat is involved in this. In any case, here is the bug (albeit not in English). I hope it helps:

[Format_InvalidString]
Argumenten: 
Brontekenreeksen voor foutopsporing zijn niet beschikbaar. Vaak geven de sleutel en de argumenten te weinig informatie voor een diagnose van het probleem. Zie http://go.microsoft....t_InvalidString

bij System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   bij System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   bij System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
   bij DuelPortalCS.Views.DuelFieldNew.FromWatcherArrival(String user, String data)
   bij DuelPortalCS.Views.DuelFieldNew.DuelMessageReceived(ChatMessage message)
   bij System.Action`1.Invoke(T obj)
   bij DuelPortalCS.WCFServiceClient.<>c__DisplayClass3.<HandleEventRaising>b__2()

Love of Ghibli

Love of Ghibli

A Calming Breeze

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

So today I can't even start a match without getting bumped from the server...

12 times...that happened then I just decided to cave. I fear that nothing in the form of an organized tournament can come from this if these problems persist.

mjVFo6c.jpg

VCR_CAT

VCR_CAT

Video Cassette Kitteh

• Omnic
  • 2,857 posts
    Last Visit Jan 23 2019 07:53 PM
  • Spouse:Pizza

Same here. I haven't been able to duel at all for almost a whole day.

PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA

giphy.gif

u8g1mOv.jpg

tommers2008

tommers2008

Im aiming for the top..!!!

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts
    Last Visit Jun 23 2019 02:51 PM

Hey im not too sure if this is a glitch or is it problem on my end. But i can't copy/paste to duel portal when i right click on the duel portal page it just brings up silverlight.

Valkyrus

Valkyrus

Card Artist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
    Last Visit Dec 09 2018 11:21 AM

Hey im not too sure if this is a glitch or is it problem on my end. But i can't copy/paste to duel portal when i right click on the duel portal page it just brings up silverlight.

use ctrl+c/ ctrl+v

P E N D U L U M

J U R R A C S

jurracsarcosankylobanner2small_zps42be61

Original Card Art

tommers2008

tommers2008

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts

use ctrl+c/ ctrl+v

tommers2008

tommers2008

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts

I cant make a deck, i enter all cards then try to save and it says unknown error and this message pops up

[Arg_NullReferenceException]
Arguments: 
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft....erenceException

at DuelPortalCS.Views.DeckEditorNew.createdNewDeck(ResponseMessage e)
   at System.Action`1.Invoke(T obj)
   at DuelPortalCS.WCFServiceClient.<>c__DisplayClass3.<HandleEventRaising>b__2()

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Prince

• Survivor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago
  • Discord:Zaziuma#4720

A problem with the uploader, if you have a monster with ? ATK or DEF, it will give you an error.

Temporary fix:
You can edit the code and put in the ? before you upload it.

Love of Ghibli

Love of Ghibli

A Calming Breeze

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

I'm experiencing a slight problem in that I do not seem to be able to create a new deck.

mjVFo6c.jpg

seattleite

seattleite

Your friendly neighborhood assassin

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,693 posts
    Last Visit Jul 03 2019 10:06 PM

I'm experiencing a slight problem in that I do not seem to be able to create a new deck.

Please explain?

Duel Portal

Love of Ghibli

Love of Ghibli

A Calming Breeze

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Please explain?

When I go to save a new deck I created I get a message saying the service is unavailable and try again later. However I can edit another deck and completely change that deck around. 

mjVFo6c.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users