Duel Portal Glitches Thread

seattleite

A bug I noticed is that it doesn't tell your opponent in the chat when you put a card from your Deck to your Extra Deck.

When you try to upload an image, it doesn't work and gives you this message.

[spoiler=Report]

[Async_ExceptionOccurred]
Argumenter:
Ressourcestrenge til fejlfinding er ikke tilgængelige. Nøgler og argumenter indeholder ofte tilstrækkelige oplysninger til at foretage fejlfinding af et problem. Se http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.30514.00&File=System.dll&Key=Async_ExceptionOccurred

på System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
   på DuelPortalCS.SQLReference.saveTempImageCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
   på DuelPortalCS.Views.SubmitCards.<UpdateCardImage>b__2(Object s, saveTempImageCompletedEventArgs res)
   på DuelPortalCS.SQLReference.Service1ConsoleClient.OnsaveTempImageCompleted(Object state)

[/spoiler]

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was trying to duel with someone, but it couldn't connect, and as I clicked to leave duel this appeared:

[Format_InvalidString]
Arguments: 
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.30514.00&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=Format_InvalidString

at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
   at DuelPortalCS.Views.DuelFieldNew.FromWatcherArrival(String user, String data)
   at DuelPortalCS.Views.DuelFieldNew.DuelMessageReceived(ChatMessage message)
   at System.Action`1.Invoke(T obj)
   at DuelPortalCS.WCFServiceClient.<>c__DisplayClass3.<HandleEventRaising>b__2()

There's a pretty heavy density of disconnects just randomly with the server, seemingly possibly even more frequent than it was previously. Especially frequent is the phenomenon that a DC happens immediately after a duel begins. I assume this is under investigation already or there's a known reason for it, but if it isn't - I'm noting it.

A lot of weird glitches have been happening. 

The most confusing ones are when I enter to play against someone I am then told "Beginning446 has accepted your Challenge" meaning I have challenged myself. Or when I am the one hosting and someone challenges me, the first thing that happens is that I am repeatedly asked "Are you sure you want to quit this duel." After feverishly clicking cancel...I am sometimes taken to some other duel where I am not present and am theoretically watching other people play.

The most confusing ones are when I enter to play against someone I am then told "Beginning446 has accepted your Challenge" meaning I have challenged myself. Or when I am the one hosting and someone challenges me, the first thing that happens is that I am repeatedly asked "Are you sure you want to quit this duel." After feverishly clicking cancel...I am sometimes taken to some other duel where I am not present and am theoretically watching other people play.

This is a bug I encountered as well, but with my username in its stead. Also the message that I accepted to duel myself showed up multiple times.

Another bug I encountered, is that I get an exception out of the blue: Not giving any input to duel portal (just looking at the screen) in either the lobby or deckbuilder caused it. As it has something to do with text, I have a feeling that the chat is involved in this. In any case, here is the bug (albeit not in English). I hope it helps:

[Format_InvalidString]
Argumenten: 
Brontekenreeksen voor foutopsporing zijn niet beschikbaar. Vaak geven de sleutel en de argumenten te weinig informatie voor een diagnose van het probleem. Zie http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.30514.00&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=Format_InvalidString

bij System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   bij System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   bij System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
   bij DuelPortalCS.Views.DuelFieldNew.FromWatcherArrival(String user, String data)
   bij DuelPortalCS.Views.DuelFieldNew.DuelMessageReceived(ChatMessage message)
   bij System.Action`1.Invoke(T obj)
   bij DuelPortalCS.WCFServiceClient.<>c__DisplayClass3.<HandleEventRaising>b__2()

I cant make a deck, i enter all cards then try to save and it says unknown error and this message pops up

[Arg_NullReferenceException]
Arguments: 
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.30514.00&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=Arg_NullReferenceException

at DuelPortalCS.Views.DeckEditorNew.createdNewDeck(ResponseMessage e)
   at System.Action`1.Invoke(T obj)
   at DuelPortalCS.WCFServiceClient.<>c__DisplayClass3.<HandleEventRaising>b__2()

• 2 weeks later...

DP has this weird issue where it will constantly freeze on me during a game. This makes playing the game really hard.

Do you have any more information on this? This is already listed, but we don't know what is causing it.

When does this usually happen?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived