[RELEASE]Yu-Gi-Oh Card Generator Application

TheProgrammer

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But ycm won't die, tbqh I didn't realize people still used the card maker, I thought psd templates were all the rage

Or was that 2009

Some people use PSD(or XCF) templates for cards; especially Zex's Pendulums until YCMaker gets over here and adds them properly.

But yeah, a lot of us still use the card maker.

Also Ali, please refrain from posting irrelevant images; remember this isn't Miscellaneous.

awesome! YCM should merge with this guy! or at least let him work on the site, because (no offense meant to anyone) we need better people to start updating and adding stuff to YCM.

Remember what I said earlier.

YCMaker is barely even here to make said changes. 

Indeed though, his expertise in this thing would be helpful (or at least someone who can fix the cardmaker).

I agree that this is definitely superior to our cardmaker. Then again, I think our cardmaker was coded by YCMaker himself (no idea his level of coding experience) and I think it's in Java or something. I've been able to make minor tweaks to it, but that's because I rather not try to rewrite all the code because a functional, outdated cardmaker is better than me breaking it while trying to update it.

I agree that this is definitely superior to our cardmaker. Then again, I think our cardmaker was coded by YCMaker himself (no idea his level of coding experience) and I think it's in Java or something. I've been able to make minor tweaks to it, but that's because I rather not try to rewrite all the code because a functional, outdated cardmaker is better than me breaking it while trying to update it.

YCMaker has been offered full rights for free to an upgraded version of the CardMaker by numerous users, found and edged on by myself (I made it a point for awhile to find users who could give more quality versions) or just for business reasons by independent folks looking to get their name out there. And he at least in the past has refused all offers citing that it is his code, a kind of pride for him. This was before you knew of mod activities though Evilfusion. He might have changed his stance on that by now.

Hmm...I can actually understand that stance. He might have changed it if he doesn't really care anymore, but with the original stance in mind, it would be greatly overstepping my bounds to try to update or alter his coding without permission (the only change I actually made was aesthetic and doesn't alter the functionality). Which is a good thing, because I've always been extremely hesitant to make such changes without permission.

After using the Card Maker recently, I never realized how buggy it was... Often I would load say a Spell and decide to want to create a Monster. The Card Maker can't tell the difference half the time and glitches out. This program looks very promising and I really look forward to using it.

I'm assuming he's still working on it, but indeed this thing is essentially superior to ours; save for the lack of an edition sticker in the bottom right. 

The cardmaker uses the Unlimited/OCG one by default, but yeah the gold one would be nice; since it correlates properly with 1st/Limited Editions.

Also, hopefully the copyright date and creator fields are editable; but either way, still looking forward to it.

---

Until things get done, just use Zextra's templates for stuff (or the cardmaker).

On an off-topic note (but I guess related to an extent), I'm learning how to read/write code in C for university, but even if I were to ask for the code to check over bugs once the semester ends, not sure that I'd be able to even read it. So yeah...

• 2 weeks later...

The Fusion Pendulum template is also pretty snazzy.  But yes that white/green is a beautiful combination that Odd-Eyes Rebellion Pendulum Xyz Total BS Dragon only wishes it could have.

Already loving this program and greatly looking forward to using it some more in the future.  Why does it render its images so huge though?  Does it scale with the card art used, or...?  Cuz Black's Synchro Pendulum was pretty normal-sized but my Fusion Pendulum is 853 x 1185 or something.

I resized it after I uploaded. Imgur lets you edit uploads, so I just edited the width to 400 and let it edit the height to scale.

Archived