[YDF] YDFPro v0.1, automated card scripts and everything

Judαs

YDF_zpsef9b9a83.png

(click here for the main YDF thread to get an idea of what YDF is.)

screny_zpsp6m9flbo.jpg

This is the initial release. It's not meant to be perfect, there are, and will be bugs. If you find any bugs, post here pls

Introduction
This is basically a version of YGOPro modified with some of the YDF cards added in. Everything is automated, so you can simply build a deck and play (I haven't tested against human players, but feel free to try to play against others on LAN, it should work)

Some cards have been changed to make their effects scriptable. Except the two Lightning Elemental cards, the rest of the changed effects keep the original essence of the effects. A red sticker indicates that the effect has been changed from the original card effect.

When a major amount of bug fixes are implemented and/or a lot of new cards are scripted, I'll release a new version. Please note that since I am the only scripter so far, any help is greatly appreciated, bug testing, or scripting new cards. For testing purposes, four "Data" cards have been added (they are the only forbidden cards.)

Cards Included
Included are all the TCG imports, 52 brand new cards and 10 cards errata'd to match their new YDF effects (these have been made into new cards with the suffix YDF to prevent confusion.)

A few sample decks are included. The AI isn't that smart, but it doesn't do a really shoddy job with decks that don't use complicated plays.

Download
v0.1 Windows only, initial release.

Bugs so far, and their status for next release:

v0.1:
- 21/2/14 If one player has Mindreader Mutate on the field the other player's Mindreader Mutate will have an ATK/DEF of 0. (not fixed)
- 22/2/14 Generous Double Summon crashes the game for Level 4 or lower monster. (not fixed)
- 23/2/14 Shadow Corruption doesn't seem to work for non-Battle or self-inflicted damage (needs to be looked into, not fixed)
- 26/2/14 Liang the Wise Strategist can be summoned using 3 materials (not fixed)
- 26/2/14 If Cryogenic Data Preservation is destroyed before resolution, its effect still resolves
- 01/3/14 Blind-Rage Serpent is not a flip-effect monster. fixed

I don't know much (anything) about scripting, but is it possible to write something to generate script for a card by entering effects/effect types, costs/types, spell speeds etc?

Unfortunately, no.

There is an 'effect generator' of sorts included in one of the card database editors, Outlaw's Ultimate Card Manager but it's a nightmare to use, and it only lays out a brief template, it doesn't actually create the effects for you.

(If you have even the slightest coding experience though, you should be able to make cards within little time. It's not that hard once you get the hang of it, and the folks over at ygopro.co have been very helpful and welcoming.)

Well, the AI is pretty dumb indeed, activating Book of Moon on its own monster, negating the effect of Localized tornado EVERYTIME, not attacking with monsters, or attacking directly with Green Rose, does not activate the field spell.

It really needs a reprogram, but the way it is now we can already test combos and stuff

Norton doesn't like this program... what do?

It could be because the program allows for LAN play. You'll just have to add an exception, there doesn't seem a way to work around this.

Should we post the AI doing silly things? Dark Jeroid used the effect on itself. Is that something we want to deal with ourselves?

Well, the AI is pretty dumb indeed, activating Book of Moon on its own monster, negating the effect of Localized tornado EVERYTIME, not attacking with monsters, or attacking directly with Green Rose, does not activate the field spell.

It really needs a reprogram, but the way it is now we can already test combos and stuff

Unfortunately I don't know anything about AI programming. Currently it uses the AI that ships with YGOPro, which actually is written only for a bunch of Tier 1 decks (the cards for which are not included in this game except a few, like Forbidden Chalice).

When I get some more time, I'll try to learn the basics of the AI and implement AI actions for at least a few cards where the decisions are rather obvious (like Jeroid.) I figured we'd like to finish the set first, though.

Archived