[spoiler=Oliver Satin]

mprgJVx.png

"I think you all are just looking at it from the wrong angle"

Name: Oliver Satin

Aliases: N/A, was previously named Oliver George, but changed his legal name so as to have a more fitting name for an artist

[spoiler=Appearance]

Ju5Us41.jpg

Oliver is 6 feet tall (183 cm) and weighs 153 lbs (63 kg). His hair is as long as it is because he is too lazy to get a haircut, and it has an effect of giving him a slightly effeminate appearance, though not to the degree that his gender is confused.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

Oliver identifies heavily as an artist, and as such he believes that it gives him certain liberties in social situations. He very rarely adheres directly to instruction, not because of a need to act out, but simply because he is more comfortable living life in his own way. He is very rarely fully present in whatever he is doing, and wears a distracted, though blissful, expression no matter the situation. In critical situations, Oliver believes that any action, no matter how seemingly selfish or illogical, is the correct and morally right thing to do from some point or another, and strives to find that view. This contributes largely to his interest in New Genesis. Even though he knows virtually nothing of what they actually do, he is very interested in learning of their motivations for their actions. In daily life, it is not uncommon to see him sketching his surroundings on a small pad that he carries in his jacket pocket. If one were to look in the sketchbook, they would see that his art style focuses heavily on striking and accented shadows, completely in black and white.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]

Oliver is a world-renowned impressionist artist, who began his career at the age of 14. His pieces are shown in galleries across the Earth, but, like many modern artists, his face is relatively unknown, allowing him to largely escape publicity. After a recent collection of Pokemon sketches of his were released to good critical acclaim, he received an invitation from New Genesis to tour their facility.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Pokemon]

Ynef6qN.png?1

Name: Palette

Ability: Moody

Moves:

Follow Me

Spiky Shield

Fake out

Encore

[/spoiler]

Other Information: Theme

[/spoiler]

Accepted! :D 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayyyy i've been trying to get back on this scene!

[spoiler=Lance Stryder]

"sheesh...."

Name: Lance Stryder

[spoiler=Appearance]

Height: 5"7'

Weight: 146 Lbs

acdfe9af34c3d6c36dabba85fd6f33a2-d3iv0t3

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

In many regards, Lance could be considered as bland.  He doesn't typically show emotion, rather he likes to make gestures instead of communicating like normal people.  This doesn't mean that he won't show emotion on occasion.  Lance has been put into situations where he's blown his top on occasion.  He gets aggravated fairly easily especially when someone he considers annoying pesters him about being quiet.  This typically wouldn't be the case as Lance is primarily nomadic.  He loves to be one with nature and loves traveling in peace and quiet.  This also gives him a free flowing nature, and has made him a patient battler.  Although if he loses his cool, that calm nature turns into a rash one.  Lance also has no emotional bonds with anyone he has met or is related to.  This makes Lance seem very cold, but he could care less.  He doesn't much care about anything besides himself and the world around him.  He'd much rather make gesticular conversation with a tree before talking to an actual person.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]

Lance was born into a strict family in the Johto region.  His father was a world renowned martial artist and Lance was meant to replace him.  Although Lance didn't have a knack for it, he trained hard everyday.  He was forced to spar with other students against his will.  Once he was of age, he decided to leave home and travel the world.  His father insisted that if this was his wish, he would have to still train everyday.  One day on the road, Lance was kicking a tree to work out his legs.  The tree shook violently and a Heracross fell out from the top.  Lance caught the unconscious Pokemon with ease and befriended it.  Having all the time in the world and not a care for trivial things, Lance trained side by side with his Heracross, who helped Lance learn a grappling style until since unheard of.  Lance's body became hard and his will manifested through his fists.  When he came home, his father decided that they would fight, side by side with their pokemon.  Heracross vs Machamp, Lance vs his father.  Beating his father, he obtained the rights to his fathers dojo.  There he would meet the elite four member Bruno who also insisted on a sparring match.  Lance took down the member with ease, and without a word.  The fighting prowess he had obtained rose an interest within the group New Genesis.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Pokemon]

Name: Heracross
Nickname: Herc
Ability: Guts
Moves: Megahorn, Close Combat, Facade, Stone Edge
Additional info: Herc was Lance's first pokemon and has a strong bond with him.  Since partnering up with Lance, he has become as strong as any Single Horn Beetle pokemon before him.  He was even able to repel a Regigigas with his own strength.  He will be the poke the lance will bring.  

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lance Dasher]

"sheesh...."

Name: Lance Dasher

[spoiler=Appearance]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

Lance isn't the nicest guy in the world per say.  He's a very cold trainer who hates all social behaviors.  He gets that all from his lack of affection from his parents.  He had a distant relationship with his parents, mostly his father, and didn't know his place in the world.  He thought that doing nothing in his life would prove the most easy way out.  His parents would pester him about being lazy and not becoming a useful member of society, and not joining the family business of running a pokemart in Ecruteak City.  Being socially introverted is pretty hard for a wannabe trainer like Lance.  He's hot headed and loves to get into scraps over the smallest of problems, which is weird because he likes to avoid people all together.  He always got pissed whenever someone he would walk in front of just suddenly challenge him.  He finally got some nerve after some practice at battling, but its just all a front.  His hard exterior just masks his mushy gushy insides.  Ever since he became a trainer, he's become a little cocky too!  He has a knack for the battling scene.  In battle, he's calm (another weird thing since he loses his cool before the battle) and can come up with the sickest strategies.  

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]

Lance broke out of the house when he was finally fed up with his parents calling him a loser at the age of 14.  He left his home in such a rush that when he ran to the next route, he rammed into a huge tree.  The tree shook violently and a Heracross fell out from the top.  Lance caught the unconscious Pokemon with ease and befriended it.  After conquering many regions and placing high in many tournaments, Lance found his true calling in being a pokemon master.  He climbed to the very top without the use of friends along the way.  Around when he was 19, he encountered a rampaging Regigigas headed towards a village.  He was able to stop the Giant with just his Heracross (and some pitfall traps), to ensure that the town, and region, was safe from the mighty continent mover.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Pokemon:]

Additional info: Herc was Lance's first pokemon and has a strong bond with him.  Since partnering up with Lance, he has become as strong as any Single Horn Beetle pokemon before him.  He was even able to repel a Regigigas with his own strength.  He will be the poke the lance will bring.  

Name: Porygon-Z
Nickname: Z
Ability: Download
Moves: Ice Beam, Tri Attack, Nasty Plot, Hyper Beam

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

You need to edit your appearance to include your character's height and weight. The personality seems a bit bland to me. It seems to be pretty cut and paste, very generic. Maybe try to spice it up a bit. Your biography doesn't really include anything that specifically states why New Genesis would be interested in him. Is it because he is a Pokemon Master? Well what puts him above the other Pokemon Masters in the world?

Also, unless Porygon-Z is essential to your character, I would suggest removing it. We already have a character that is using a Porygon-Z.

You need to edit your appearance to include your character's height and weight. The personality seems a bit bland to me. It seems to be pretty cut and paste, very generic. Maybe try to spice it up a bit. Your biography doesn't really include anything that specifically states why New Genesis would be interested in him. Is it because he is a Pokemon Master? Well what puts him above the other Pokemon Masters in the world?

Also, unless Porygon-Z is essential to your character, I would suggest removing it. We already have a character that is using a Porygon-Z.

I did some tweeks i guess....does taking a regigigas down single handedly not count for an amazing feat?  

[spoiler=Lance Dasher]

"sheesh...."

Name: Lance Dasher

[spoiler=Appearance]

Height: 5"10'

Weight: 167 Lbs

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

In many regards, Lance could be considered as bland.  He doesn't typically show emotion, rather he likes to make gestures instead of communicating like normal people.  This doesn't mean that he won't show emotion on occasion.  Lance has been put into situations where he's blown his top on occasion.  He gets aggravated fairly easily especially when someone he considers annoying pesters him about being quiet.  This typically wouldn't be the case as Lance is primarily nomadic.  He loves to be one with nature and loves traveling in peace and quiet.  This also gives him a free flowing nature, and has made him a patient battler.  Although if he loses his cool, that calm nature turns into a rash one.  Lance also has no emotional bonds with anyone he has met or is related to.  This makes Lance seem very cold, but he could care less.  He doesn't much care about anything besides himself and the world around him.  He'd much rather make gesticular conversation with a tree before talking to an actual person.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]

Lance broke out of the house when he was finally fed up with his parents calling him a loser at the age of 14.  He left his home in such a rush that when he ran to the next route, he rammed into a huge tree.  The tree shook violently and a Heracross fell out from the top.  Lance caught the unconscious Pokemon with ease and befriended it.  After conquering many regions and placing 1st in many tournaments which included elite 4 members, Lance found his true calling in being a pokemon master, but declined any offers in becoming an elite 4 member, instead choosing a more simple life.  He climbed to the very top without the use of friends along the way.  Around when he was 19, he encountered a rampaging Regigigas headed towards a village.  He was able to stop the Giant with just his Heracross (and some pitfall traps), to ensure that the town, and region, was safe from the mighty continent mover.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Ok I don't mean to be rude, and this is all up to Ren in the end, but the picture doesn't really match with height/weight/age given. At least that's just my own opinion.

Ok I don't mean to be rude, and this is all up to Ren in the end, but the picture doesn't really match with height/weight/age given. At least that's just my own opinion.

Listen maaaaan...i don't look my age...and my appearance can also be hidden by a baggy hoody....cut me some slack man :P!

I did some tweeks i guess....does taking a regigigas down single handedly not count for an amazing feat?  

I'd have to agree that the appearance of your character doesn't fit age, height, or weight. Honestly, your character doesn't look like he'd be over the age of 14, and I wouldn't peg him to be any taller than 5'6". But I suppose that doesn't truly matter to me, so if you like it the way it is, then by all means, keep it.

I am still not satisfied with your bio, though. You traded in battle prowess for communicating with Pokemon, and we already have a character that can communicate with Pokemon, making your character fairly redundant. 

I actually have no problems with another person having a Porygon-Z with them. However, I warn now that Cysero would be a real jackass towards other 'gons.

I just feel like having too many of the same Pokemon gets repetitive and tedious and seeing as the Porygon-Z wasn't even his main Pokemon, or significantly mentioned throughout the bio or personality, it is just best to remove as many redundancies between characters as possible 

[spoiler=Lance Stryder]

"sheesh...."

Name: Lance Stryder

[spoiler=Appearance]

Height: 5"7'

Weight: 146 Lbs

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]

Lance was born into a strict family in the Johto region.  His father was a world renowned martial artist and Lance was meant to replace him.  Although Lance didn't have a knack for it, he trained hard everyday.  He was forced to spar with other students against his will.  Once he was of age, he decided to leave home and travel the world.  His father insisted that if this was his wish, he would have to still train everyday.  One day on the road, Lance was kicking a tree to work out his legs.  The tree shook violently and a Heracross fell out from the top.  Lance caught the unconscious Pokemon with ease and befriended it.  Having all the time in the world and not a care for trivial things, Lance trained side by side with his Heracross, who helped Lance learn a grappling style until since unheard of.  Lance's body became hard and his will manifested through his fists.  When he came home, his father decided that they would fight, side by side with their pokemon.  Heracross vs Machamp, Lance vs his father.  Beating his father, he obtained the rights to his fathers dojo.  There he would meet the elite four member Bruno who also insisted on a sparring match.  Lance took down the member with ease, and without a word.  The fighting prowess he had obtained rose an interest within the group New Genesis.

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Better. Accepted

I've never made two characters for an RP (not counting my f***ton of NPCs in the other Pokemon RP) but I might make an exception for this one.

If I do, should I edit my first post with the second character so they're both in one place?

You can if you feel so inclined, but it isn't necessary. I will link to wherever you put your app in the Character Gallery regardless

Just wanted to let you all know that I've started work on the official application of what will be one of the integral characters of this RP. Parts of the application are still under construction and other parts have been redacted until they have been revealed in the RP, but if you want to take a gander at it, it is the second application found on this post.

[spoiler=Terra Montana, the Professional Trainer with a Heart Defect]
3PlD1Dt.png
Untitled14_zps4389fce1.png
"I have a heart defect; what of it? That's not gonna stop me from reaching my dream of becoming a Pokemon Mistress!"
3PlD1Dt.png
Name: Terra Montana
[spoiler=Appearance]bfadba8016825b9dcb8f83a067eba865ff91107a

Terra stands at a fairly average 5' 6", and has a modest BWH ratio of 25-20-28. Her hips are definitely her curviest asset, while her breasts are large enough to stand out, yet not so large that they'd otherwise be considered abnormal. Terra was born with naturally tanned skin, and her hair reaches down just past her hips. Terra's usual outfit is just a white T-shirt and a pair of track shorts, and although she wears just wears socks whilst inside Pokemon Centers and the like, she'll often wear steel-toed hiking boots when out on the field. Terra doesn't have a Pokedex on her person, but to make up for this, she knows what most Pokemon are off by heart. Terra's Trainer Card states everything one needs to know about her medical history, and she keeps a pacemaker on her left hip for easy access.[/spoiler]
3PlD1Dt.png
[spoiler=Personality]Put simply, Terra is a professional Pokemon trainer with a big heart. She loves her Pokemon to bits, and although competition mandates that she have some form of training regime which her Pokemon have various abilities coping with, she always ensures that they go at their own pace and don't get too stressed about it. Terra is also cherry and very friendly, and often gets on with other trainers without any problems. Guys in particular tend to be in among Terra's friend list, since she's a tomboy by nature, and thus has a lot of things in common with the stereotypical young man. But if there were any one type of trainer that Terra would dislike most, it would be those that prove to be complete jerks. Fortunately, all the ones she came across thus far have proved to be poor trainers, so she never had problems teaching such characters a lesson in respect before. However, having little choice on what Pokemon to take with her to the New Genesis facilities had taken a hit on Terra's confidence levels, and having to leave Garchomp behind, as well as all the other Pokemon that she worked so hard to train for that matter, is something that she regrets enough to dampen her mood to battle.

When Terra's not adopting cherry, bubbly, friendly persona, that's one's cue to ask if something's wrong. Truth be told, underneath such a persona lies a deep anxiety, that almost verges on paranoia as she tries to keep track of her pacemaker. She tries not to let that show though, but she also tries way too hard to stray away from three specific emotions; love, sadness and fear. These three emotions are key in rapidly decelerating her already slow-beating heart, which becomes exceedingly difficult to stabilize once she feels any of them. This explains why she's shy around any potentially serious relationships, has never been seen crying except those few times when she was young, and will refuse to admit that she's scared in fear that thinking about it will make her situation worse. Terra dislikes talking about her medical history, and refuses to keep track of the number of times her heart has failed on her. Nonetheless, Terra has already entered the facility knowing the risk that discovering some shocking secrets may have on her, and she has no intention of turning back now... not when the New Genesis corporation may have the answers she was looking for her whole life.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Backstory]For her own safety, Terra Montana had been separated from her father for the first 5 years of her life, as her mother had lost her life just shortly after giving birth to her, thanks to a heart complication that had unfortunately been passed down to Terra herself. The father could only wish that he could visit her more often than once a week, but with what only being a simple Pokemon farmer, he could only save up enough to put gas in his truck every so often, and it was a long drive from the ranch in which he lived and worked to the hospital where Terra was staying. One day while she was staying at the hospital however, Terra stumbled across some files that went into great detail about her family history; it even detailed the genesis of the dreaded heart defect that was passed down by Terra's ancestors. These ancestors were reported to have suffered from an unknown disease, but the information that the young Terra could get a hold of was too much for her to handle. And so she fell into despair, which in turn caused her heart to fail on her. The medics had quickly arrived to the scene, and managed to bring Terra in for an emergency stabilization. It was excruciatingly painful for Terra to bear, with what one Chansey's Thunder Bolt after another in a valiant effort to keep her heart rate stable. But eventually this was accomplished, and Terra's heart rate eventually climbed back up to its normal rate of 25 beats per minute. Afterwards, Terra asked the medics if they knew anything about this "New Genesis" corporation that she read about in that one file but, concerned for her possible reaction to the answer, they refused to say anything about it.

Eventually, Terra was released from the custody of the hospital to live with her father on the ranch. Incidentally, it was this same place that, when she was about 7, Terra made a bond with her first Pokemon; a wild Bunnelby that she'd decided to play a game of whack-a-mole with and chase with a toy mallet. This Bunnelby happened to "catch itself" when it bumped into a table littered with Poke Balls, one of which fell on its head and captured it. It had become Terra's Pokemon to play with ever since then. Terra had then dashed off to find other Pokemon to catch and play with... only to stumble upon a thug that was terrorizing a flock of Mareep with a Mamoswine. Being the first to arrive, Terra felt that it was up to her to try and stop this thug, and thus sent out Bunnelby. Unfortunately, Bunnelby took a direct hit from the Mamoswine's Ice Shard, which had triggered Terra's cryophobia, making her freeze in fear and her heart rate to drastically drop as a result. Fortunately, Terra's father had come just in time, saw what happened and conquered the threat with his Aegislash. The thug didn't have time to prepare, and his Mamoswine was caught off guard by Aegislash's Sacred Sword; but he swore revenge nonetheless, and fled. Terra's father had then picked up his fallen daughter in his arms, only to nurse her back to health from inside the ranch.

10 years had passed since that fateful day, and Terra became a lot stronger as a Pokemon Trainer. Her Bunnelby had evolved into a Diggersby, and she had also caught a Skarmory and an Aerodactyl. She also caught a Honedge, a Larvitar, a Gible, a Drilbur, an Aron and a Hippopotas, and evolved them all to their fully evolved forms. She even entered and ended up winning the Indigo Grand Prix, which earned her her invitation to the tour of a brand new New Genesis corporate building. Terra was ecstatic once she received said invitation; so much so that she dropped it in her squee of excitement before she fully read it... only for her father to read the fine print and mention that Terra could only take one Pokemon with her. This put Terra in a tough spot, but after a long and thoughtful decision, she chose Diggersby for his more vital function, and left the rest of her Pokemon under the care of her father, including the Garchomp that she was reluctant to part with. After a promise that she'd come back for her Pokemon, Terra left for her trip to the tour, determined to get some answers from the New Genesis corporation one way or another.
[/spoiler]
3PlD1Dt.png[spoiler=Pokemon]

250px-660Diggersby.png

Diggersby
Ability: Huge Power
Nature: Jolly; Somewhat of a clown
Moves: Return, Earthquake, Wild Charge, U-Turn
Additional Info: Terra's starting Pokemon which, as a Bunnelby, just so happened to turn up at her father's ranch by chance. Diggersby may not be the most powerful Pokemon at Terra's disposal, but he is the only one that knows an Electric-type move. This is an important factor, as electricity has been known to stabilize Terra's defective heart in an emergency situation, and it's for this reason that Terra ultimately chose Diggersby over Garchomp to take with her. Although at a glaring speed disadvantage, Diggersby can still hold his own in a Pokemon battle, and the one or two victories that he garnered from the Indigo Grand Prix are proof of that. This especially holds true against most Electric-type Pokemon, but Terra still has to keep an eye out for all the various types of Hidden Powers... or Arceus forbid surprise Ice attacks.

3PlD1Dt.png

250px-445Garchomp.png

Garchomp
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature: Naughty; Proud of its power
Moves: Outrage, Fire Blast, Earthquake, Stone Edge
Additional Info: The strongest Pokemon that was ever under Terra's belt at any given time, as well as the driving force behind Terra's victory of the Indigo Grand Prix all the way back at the Kanto Region. Terra would've loved to take Garchomp with her to the New Genesis facilities, but because of the company's strict protocol, she was forced to make the tough decision between taking Garchomp with her in case whoever else got invited were to [acronym="or vice versa for that matter, as Terra has been known not to tolerate stand-off jerks or the like"]insist on having a Pokemon battle with her[/acronym], or taking Diggersby with her in case she discovered something so heartbreaking that she may need that jolt of electricity just to stop her heart from reaching critical levels. Because the latter was much more of an important quality, Terra reluctantly left Garchomp under the care of her father at the ranch with the rest of her Pokemon. However, Garchomp may or may not barge her way past security or even bust through a few buildings later in the RP, if only so she can reunite herself with Terra once again.[/spoiler]
Other Information:
There are four key numbers that should be noted when looking at Terra's pacemaker. They are as follows:
- 28bpm: It's as many beats per minute that Terra's heart will ever make, even if Terra herself pushes to the limit of her stamina. Ironically, it's not even half the resting pace of the normal human heart, which makes one wonder whether Terra is supposed to be some sort of athlete.
- 25bpm: About here is the actual resting pace of Terra's heart.
- 21bpm: Here's where the symptoms start kicking in. First and foremost is that her skin will slowly be drained of its color. This could be seen from a mile away, but the hard part is reacting in time to prevent the second symptom. There, her words will begin to slur, she'll struggle to keep her eyes open, and she'll start losing strength in all her muscles. Because she's a fighter though, she will force herself to stay standing, and spit out what may very well be her last words, before the coma finally kicks in.
- 16bpm: Usually it's at this reading that Terra finally falls into a coma. The worrying part is that Terra's heart can still show no signs of slowing down beyond this point, and medical attention maybe necessary in order for Terra to make a recovery.
It's also worth mentioning that Terra has cryophobia, which has been known to send her heart rate plummeting. Hence why she dreads other people's Pokemon using Ice-type attacks, and stays well clear of Ice-type Pokemon herself. This even includes Mamoswine and Aurorus, who otherwise would've been added to Terra's team because of her tendencies to collect Ground-, Rock- and Steel-type Pokemon.
Encounter Theme: Xenogears OST: Blue Traveler, as remade by BitSymphony
Battle Theme: Pokemon BW OST: Elite Four Battle Theme
[/spoiler]

Accepted

BUMP

24 hour(ish) warning. Any applications that have not been added to the Character Gallery will not be allowed to post in the IC. Once the initial round of accepting is over there will be a very limited amount of acceptance passed that point.

^ Yeah, idk, it might be too late. You'd have to ask Renegade.

But I wanted to say that I don't really get why people are looking at Alaric suspiciously. He actually hasn't really made his suspicions clear, and has pretty much just acted like a cheesy movie star/prince on a white horse dude. His thoughts are exactly that, thoughts, and aren't actually showing in his expressions/body language.

Archived