Inferno's Birth

RedEmissaryofDarkness

5Z3cEDr.jpg

Lore: 2 Level 1 monsters

You can only control 1 "Inferno's Birth". While this card is face-up on the field, FIRE monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle except this card. FIRE monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF. During your Main Phase 2, you can Detach 1 Xyz material from this card, add 1 Spell or Trap card from your Graveyard to your hand. 

So I woke up from my hibernation, but I am only going to make it brief as I still have some work to do. I have recovered from my...incidents a bit, but i'm not fully done yet. For now, i have made this card to simply tie things over.  

Huge no at that last eff. Being able to recover power cards like Raigeki, Snatch Steal, or Soul Charge is never a good thing and should be excluded from any card's design. Certainly this would become abusable somehow. Also most Rank 1's tend to be not that good card, specially the generic ones. This totally outclasses any of its category. Not sure, but i think lowering the number of targets for this card would make it balanced. For example you could make it only add continuous spells\traps or quick play spells...would still be too risky to go on with that decision tho

At first glance, this monster has some potential but looking at it thoroughly, the overall setup seems to be random.

Assuming (almost) all your monsters are FIRE, this card will be used very little times. The best deal would be Special Summoning it with "Boost Warrior" when "Flamvell Guard" is on your field, or with "Rekindling". Either way, most players are usually going for Synchros. This card is mostly for building up a good offence-defense against face-to-face combat, which is okay but not the best deal in the current meta-game (remember the difficulty to Summon it)... A deck that could easily Summon it would be one of those "1-Level-Based" decks, but the absence of FIRE monsters with Level greater that 1 would leave this card with no purpose.

Referring to its last effect: Activating it only during your Main Phase 2 makes little difference to how powerful it is. The reason is, generally adding a card to your hand can give a very high advantage to the player. This is why almost all cards that have such an effect (in this case, from your Graveyard to your hand) require you to pay a cost (e.g. "Monster Reincarnation"), have to meet some requirements, or are difficult to Summon (e.g. "Loki, Lord of the Aesir"). If not, then they are usually Limited/Banned. Loki is more or less at the same position as "Inferno's Birth", but the Trap (only) card is added to the hand during the End Phase. Also, in cases like "Shaddoll Hound", you should not follow Konami's example; this site if for quality entertainment and creativity.
  Roughly thinking of the effect, consider this: By merely detaching 1 Material to return Raigeki, CED, Monster Reborn (in OCG), Solemn Warning or any other powerful card, does it look balanced?

Your intention was to keep up with the site (which is respectable), but giving some more thought on the card would really be worth the effort. In an alternate scenario, you could impress with a couple more powerful effects and just upload the card in the Joke And Overpowered Cards section.

About the difficulty to summon this, it would be extremely good in a cloudian deck, where you can easily summon 2 Lvl 1 monsters with Turbulence's eff every turn. And then use this card's eff to recover Lucky Cloud from grave and eventually use it to draw 2 cards, then repeat the same proccess over and over again. Turbulence becomes a +3 card. \js

With the limitation to FIRE monsters, I assume you intended for this to support Infernoids (not many other FIRE archetypes that I know of have Level 1 monsters). I personally think it's not a good idea for the same reason the others explained: potentially recovering a Raigeki or Soul Charge at the cost of simply 1 Xyz unit is really too much. To take advantage of this in an Infernoid deck, you should probably have Void Dreams already on the field (or 2 Decatrons but who would use them for that), and having Void Dreams on the field pretty much means you already won, but still, it's unreasonably convenient, and being generic it lends itself to all kinds of abuse like with Cloudians, or simply by recovering a limited powerful card over and over, which is a BIG no-no.

well, i do fully understand the whole criticism that everyone has, and looking at it again, as much as i idealize a world without Snatch Steal, the reality is it is here to stay. So with everyone's opinion, I would like to shut down this thread, and redirect the thread to my revised version, normally i would update here, but i made some drastic changes to help things out. So here is the link for it http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/329701-infernos-birth-remix/

Archived