[Archetype] Enochian (15/15)

Atypical-Abbie

Enochian is an Archetype that focuses on Ritual Summons and sending cards from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard.

The non-Ritual Monsters, are Spellcaster-Type monsters with various Attributes, and all have the same last effect that mills cards from your opponent's Deck.

The Ritual Monsters are all Fairy-Type/LIGHT monsters going from Level 4-6 and with with one Level 10 monster. The Level 4-6 share the same kind of effect of gaining 200 ATK/DEF for each other Enochian monster you control, an effect that activates when a card is sent from the top of the opponent's Deck to the Graveyard, and a Continuous Effect that protects it against opponent's cards in various ways.

They are based on Enochian, an angelic language, which is where the monster's names come from, and the Spell Cards are related to Enochian magic in various ways.

[spoiler=Sample Deck]

Monsters: 17
2 Ceph, the Enochian Angel
3 Don, the Enochian Magician
3 Drux, the Enochian Magician
2 Ged, the Enochian Magician
2 Gisg, the Enochian Angel
1 Graph, the Enochian Deity
2 Mals, the Enochian Angel
2 Ur, the Enochian Magician

Spells: 17
2 Enochian Angelic Communication
2 Enochian Book of Loagaeth
2 Enochian Cipher
3 Enochian Holy Table
2 Enochian Seal of Aemaeth
2 Enochian Talisman of the Planets
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Preparation of Rites (Konami)

Traps: 6
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Breakthrough Skill
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
2 Dimensional Prison

Extra:
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Castel the Avian Skyblaster
1 Constellar Ptolemy M7
1 Daigusto Emeral
1 Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
1 Evilswarm Exciton Knight
1 Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
1 Gauntlet Launcher
1 Number 101: Silent Honor ARK
1 Number 103: Ragna Zero
1 Number 39: Utopia Beyond
1 Number 61: Volcasaurus
1 Number 82: Heartlandraco
1 Photon Strike Bounzer
1 Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
[/spoiler]

Non-Ritual Monsters:

Drux, the Enochian Magician
Spellcaster-Type/WIND
Level 4
When this card is Normal or Flip Summoned: You can add 1 "Enochian" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand, then change this card to Defense Position. You cannot Special Summon monsters during the turn you use this effect, except "Enochian" monsters. If this card is sent to the Graveyard for the Ritual Summon of an "Enochian" Ritual Monster: Your opponent sends the top 3 cards of their Deck to the Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Drux, the Enochian Magician" once per turn.
1000/1900

Don, the Enochian Magician
Spellcaster-Type/FIRE
Level 4
If you Ritual Summon exactly 1 "Enochian" Ritual Monster with a card effect that requires use of monsters, this card can be used as the entire requirement. If this card is sent to the Graveyard for the Ritual Summon of an "Enochian" Ritual Monster: Your opponent sends the top 3 cards of their Deck to the Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Don, the Enochian Magician" once per turn.
1700/800

Ged, the Enochian Magician
Spellcaster-Type/WATER
Level 5
If you control an "Enochian" monster, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. Once per turn, if a card(s) is sent from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard: You can target 1 "Enochian" card in your Graveyard, except "Mals, the Enochian Magician"; add that target to your hand. If this card is sent to the Graveyard for the Ritual Summon of an "Enochian" Ritual Monster: Your opponent sends the top 3 cards of their Deck to the Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Ged, the Enochian Magician" once per turn.
1900/1300

Ur, the Enochian Magician
Spellcaster-Type/EARTH
Level 6
If you control an "Enochian" monster, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; add 1 "Enochian" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Ur, the Enochian". If this card is sent to the Graveyard for the Ritual Summon of an "Enochian" Ritual Monster: Your opponent sends the top 3 cards of their Deck to the Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Ur, the Enochian Magician" once per turn.
2000/1100

Ritual Monsters:

Mals, the Enochian Angel
Fairy-Type/LIGHT/Ritual
Level 4
You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Enochian" Ritual Spell Card. This card gains 200 ATK and DEF for each "Enochian" monster you control, except this card. Once per turn, if a card(s) is sent from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; negate its effects until the end of this turn. Cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects.
2100/2100

Gisg, the Enochian Angel
Fairy-Type/LIGHT/Ritual
Level 5
You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Enochian" Ritual Spell Card. This card gains 200 ATK and DEF for each "Enochian" monster you control, except this card. Once per turn, if a card(s) is sent from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard: You can draw 2 cards, then place 1 card from your hand on the top or bottom of your Deck. Cannot be banished by your opponent's card effects.
2300/2300

Ceph, the Enochian Angel
Fairy-Type/LIGHT/Ritual
Level 6
You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Enochian" Ritual Spell Card. This card gains 200 ATK and DEF for each "Enochian" monster you control, except this card. Once per turn, if a card(s) is sent from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard: Discard 1 random card from your opponent's hand. Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.
2500/2500

Graph, the Enochian Deity
Fairy-Type/LIGHT/Ritual
Level 10
You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Enochian" Ritual Spell Card. Must be Ritual Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can activate this effect; your opponent sends cards from the top of their Deck to the Graveyard equal to Level/Rank of the destroyed monster in the Graveyard. If a card(s) is sent from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard: You can destroy all Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls. You can only use 1 effect of "Graph, the Enochian Deity" per turn, and only once that turn.
3000/3000

Ritual Spell Cards:

Enochian Angelic Communication
Ritual Spell Card
This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Enochian" Ritual Monster. Tribute monsters from your hand or field, then Ritual Summon 1 "Enochian" Ritual Monster from your hand whose Level equal the total Levels of those monsters or more. During your turn, except during the turn it was sent to the Graveyard, if you control a "Enochian" monster: You can banish it from the Graveyard; send the top 3 cards of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard.

Enochian Book of Loagaeth
Ritual Spell Card
This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Enochian" Ritual Monster. Tribute monsters from your hand or field, then Ritual Summon 1 "Enochian" Ritual Monster from your Graveyard whose Level exactly equals the total Levels of those monsters. You can only activate 1 "Enochian Book of Loagaeth" per turn.

Enochian Seal of Aemaeth
Ritual Spell Card
This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Enochian" Ritual Monster. Tribute monsters from your hand or field, then Ritual Summon 1 "Enochian" Ritual Monster from your hand whose Level exactly equals the total Levels of those monsters. If your opponent controls a monster Special Summoned from the hand or Graveyard, you can also Tribute 1 "Enochian" monster from your Deck. You can only activate 1 "Enochian Seal of Aemaeth"

Non-Ritual Spell Cards:

Enochian Cipher
Normal Spell Card
Target 1 "Enochian" monster you control; your opponent sends cards from the top of their Deck equal half to that target's Level (rounded up if needed). That target cannot attack during the turn you activate this card. You can only activate 1 "Enochian Cipher" per turn.

Enochian Talisman of the Planets
Equip Spell Card
Equip only to an "Enochian" monster. It gains 300 ATK and DEF and if it attacks, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. During either player's turn: You send this equipped card to the Graveyard; your opponent sends the top 3 cards of their Deck to the Graveyard.

Enochian Holy Table
Field Spell Card

Each time a card(s) is send from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard by a card effect, place 1 Enochian Counter on this card. While there is an Enochian Counter on this card, cards sent from the top of the Deck to the Graveyard cannot activate their effects in the Graveyard. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: You can remove any number of Enochian Counters from this card; Special Summon "Enochian Tokens" (Fairy-Type/LIGHT/Level 2/500 ATK/500 DEF) in Defense Position, up to the number of Enochian Counters removed.

What a simplistic and model set of cards, I'm a fan of this. Mill with purpose is very very rare. I have to make the obligatory prep rites abuse statements but that doesn't even hurt the deck because they are so beautiful. What I love about them is that they don't look all that fast meaning set-up and the like are required. 

Talisman of Planets: That's the decks throw away card. It is slow and so far does not progress the decks winning condition punching people in the face with rituals and maybe milling something useful. This slot would be replaced with Preparation of Rites. 

Cipher may be a tad powerful though seeing as you can mill a large number of cards and it is searchable in this deck. 

What a simplistic and model set of cards, I'm a fan of this. Mill with purpose is very very rare. I have to make the obligatory prep rites abuse statements but that doesn't even hurt the deck because they are so beautiful. What I love about them is that they don't look all that fast meaning set-up and the like are required. 

Talisman of Planets: That's the decks throw away card. It is slow and so far does not progress the decks winning condition punching people in the face with rituals and maybe milling something useful. This slot would be replaced with Preparation of Rites. 

Cipher may be a tad powerful though seeing as you can mill a large number of cards and it is searchable in this deck. 

True, but can't be avoided unless you want to make a Level 8 and higher Archetype each time you make a Ritual Monster Archetype.

Talisman's main purpose is to use the trigger effects of the Rituals during the opponent's turn, which can be helpful with Graph, as their Set Spell/Trap Cards cannot be activated, you can easily disrupt Pendulum Summons, negate their effects, make them discard a card, make you draw some cards. Ged, the Enochian Magician can also create a semi-loop with it, since it's effect will activate and grab Talisman again.

Cipher, I was thinking about making it only do half of its Level and not having the attacking condition. My point wasn't to make an Archetype that makes the opponent Deck Out, I don't think that's the most effective way to play these, the point of this card is to use it to trigger their effects, and then Tribute it for a Tribute Summon or for a Ritual Summon.

True, but can't be avoided unless you want to make a Level 8 and higher Archetype each time you make a Ritual Monster Archetype.

Talisman's main purpose is to use the trigger effects of the Rituals during the opponent's turn, which can be helpful with Graph, as their Set Spell/Trap Cards cannot be activated, you can easily disrupt Pendulum Summons, negate their effects, make them discard a card, make you draw some cards. Ged, the Enochian Magician can also create a semi-loop with it, since it's effect will activate and grab Talisman again.

Cipher, I was thinking about making it only do half of its Level and not having the attacking condition. My point wasn't to make an Archetype that makes the opponent Deck Out, I don't think that's the most effective way to play these, the point of this card is to use it to trigger their effects, and then Tribute it for a Tribute Summon or for a Ritual Summon.

Start from the bottom and work our way to the top:

Cipher: With prep rites you're given the 6 on the board which means that you're automatically hitting six off the top. Then if you make another ritual that's potentially 6 more off the top. That is a slow creep there and never the less in that creep you have no cost you only gain. Your opponents mill AND every effect you have on the board triggers. Cipher is just the activation of the deck, which is fine, but if it is going to do that it has to hurt the opponent less.

Talisman: Yean no. I understand your point, but I don't agree with it. You don't need to trigger mills on your opponents turn...unless you are doing it to trigger your board of effects which, as I am currently stating in other threads, is down right unfair and disrespectful. Your gamestate shouldn't advance by heavily minusing your opponent IN ADDITION to playing your cards. I mean already this a slippery slope. Your effects trigger when cards get milled meaning something already negative happens to your opponent and you are only able to function off something bad happening to them. Anywho back on topic. When it comes time to make things fluid and deck play needing to be consistent I can tell a random equip card that only serves as the interruptor when your field is already established is going to take a back seat to +1 spell card that searches from your deck and fetches from your grave. 

Prep Rites: Prep rites needs to be in here. More consistency!!

Start from the bottom and work our way to the top:

Cipher: With prep rites you're given the 6 on the board which means that you're automatically hitting six off the top. Then if you make another ritual that's potentially 6 more off the top. That is a slow creep there and never the less in that creep you have no cost you only gain. Your opponents mill AND every effect you have on the board triggers. Cipher is just the activation of the deck, which is fine, but if it is going to do that it has to hurt the opponent less.

Talisman: Yean no. I understand your point, but I don't agree with it. You don't need to trigger mills on your opponents turn...unless you are doing it to trigger your board of effects which, as I am currently stating in other threads, is down right unfair and disrespectful. Your gamestate shouldn't advance by heavily minusing your opponent IN ADDITION to playing your cards. I mean already this a slippery slope. Your effects trigger when cards get milled meaning something already negative happens to your opponent and you are only able to function off something bad happening to them. Anywho back on topic. When it comes time to make things fluid and deck play needing to be consistent I can tell a random equip card that only serves as the interruptor when your field is already established is going to take a back seat to +1 spell card that searches from your deck and fetches from your grave. 

Prep Rites: Prep rites needs to be in here. More consistency!!

I am confused on your view on Talisman, you don't like it, yet you don't want to use it either. What?

You pointed out how it's a powerful yet is what I mean, yet you don't want to use it, which confuses me, as you can easily play it and Rites.

Because the equip is only good IF you have established field presence. If you have Ceph or Mals or any of them already on the field then the you can equip them whereas Rites (which should be maxed out) helps you establish the field presence. Rites helps you get to field you need. This equip is only good after you have the field you need.

Second the more I think about, the equip seems like a cheap way to bypass the balance factor of how hard it would be to trigger these rituals effects on your opponents turn. In my opinion you should not in anyway be able to unless the opponent shoots themselves in the foot with cards like Needle Bug Nest or Card Trooper. 

Archived