J-Max's Guide to Madolche (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

J-Max

Honestly he has a point, you should never be running Rat unless you're maxing Magileine and even then it's very mediocre indeed.

I would, however, mention Spell Striker as it's quicker access to Invoker as well as putting a monster in your grave, as well as obviously Instant Fusion which is massive and probably the number 1 support card, much much better than Rat, IRS and Monk.

I wouldn't put Rat there because I wouldn't recommend Rat anywhere. It's super slow, actually difficult to get off and it's not like it's a 1900 floater you can summon off Palooza like Magileine is. 

because this is like the 5th comment trying to tell you that magileine is a 3-of.

This isn't a strictly correct comment though. Magileine can be played at 3, don't get me wrong. That being said, it is not something that you are going to be playing at 3 guaranteed. Magileine is the slowest part of the deck by far and opening multiples can leave a Madolche player pretty much completely out of the game by today's standards, considering how this was the mentality taken by a lot of the people who took the deck during it's prime. This is why the accepted mindset tends to be 2-3 Magileine, mainly leaning toward 2. 3 is a consideration, especially if you're playing Double Summon in the deck, but it is by no means the "3 no question" that you're making it out to be.

Now to talk about the recommendations in your guide: They are not correct recommendations by any means. Giant Rat has already been said by multiple people to just be a significantly worse Magileine, Inferno Reckless Summon is a cute tech but I wouldn't exactly call it a "Recommended" idea by any stretch of the imagination and Summoner Monk feels as if it's grasping at straws. I would have thought the recommended cards idea would have had more things in it to do with the different variations of the Madolche build, like that one TG build that makes Naturia Beast (especially relevant since Nekroz are a good deck now) and then the hyper OTK variants with Spell Striker.

Yeah I will be covering the TG Monsters. I actually personally like Summoner Monk as dumping a Chateau or Ticket into the Grave can help to feed Tiaramisu aswell. I understand about Giant Rat, but I originally noted that it can bring Anjelly or Hootcake out.

As for the Giant Rat thing? Would be be okay to include it in maybe a honorable mentions section or something?

Oh and IRS... I always found it to be a great idea to definatly consider when your opponent is playing Limited Monsters.

But yeah, I am working on adding as I go. Got a list of cards in front of me to cover.

No honorable mentions for Rat please :/

IRS is bad in this deck too.

Monk is sub-par in the deck as you can't go into Tiaramasu with the thing except with a level 3 monster... which somehow you have to Summon without a Normal Summon and still hold a Spell which you don't mind dumping. Monk's inconsistent and Madolche don't like dumping Spells, especially Ticket and Chateau. You shouldn't them as NEED food for Tiara in grave because A) they advance your Tiara play on-field and B) If you're playing the combos correctly you should already have a Madolche in the Grave to set off the Queen's effect.

• 1 month later...

How so? You can't get a Material for Tiaramisu out.... Unless you mean a Level 4 for Xyz Shenanigans.

It gets a 3 out so you can make Invoker, which is the most important r3 of the deck, with your spare random Hootcake meaning you can get another search. It's probably the most important of the non-archetype cards.

It gets a 3 out so you can make Invoker, which is the most important r3 of the deck, with your spare random Hootcake meaning you can get another search. It's probably the most important of the non-archetype cards.

You've convinced me. Totally agree about keeping Hootcake available as well. I will add it.

I would suggest discussing monsters/cards in order of importance rather than alphabetically

Frankly, I was unaware a couple of these even existed.

I have always had a habit of listing Alphabeticly :P But yeah, I may just have a mess around once the Guide is done. WIll be uploading my Naturia Madolche Build here a bit later.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated Cruffsant's Review to mention the fact you can send a Madolche Spell back from the field to your hand for its Effect. Also upped the recommended amount of Magileine to 3. There is no point running less of her as she can get a Anjelly or Hootcake to your hand Turn 1 if you were unlucky.

Archived