Black Rose Moonlight Dragon

The days of calling it Moonlight Rose Dragon are over, though that wasn't far off.

BlackRoseMoonlightDragon-YF07-EN-UR-LE.p

Those of us in Canada and the US now have this thing to play with if they've pre-ordered their 5D's Volume 7 (mine came in today, gotta go pick it up tomorrow). It seems to me like an out to Shaddolls I could have said, since spinning the Fusions won't let them recycle their Fusion Spells, and if they summon it again it spins again. Also works on Nekroz I guess, but resetting Trishula seems a bad idea. 

Thoughts on this thing?

Tied with BRD for best generic Level 7 Synchro.

Not at all.

BRD isn't even that good anymore. It's 4th at best. Exciton is borderline garbage in anything not totally R4 based (hell, it is garbage in Raidraptors due to their sheer advantage gain), and BRD suffers from most of the same problems as the roach, yet with another as well. It's not especially large for the effort (though it's not small in this case), it DESTROYS in a game that is increasingly adverse to destruction effects, and it doesn't stay on the board after its nuke. Its second effect isn't bad, but it's not totally generic. It's just not a good card, it's okay at best. Its only major selling point is removing things like Leo/Yazi/opening the board for an OTK, and the last of those isn't a totally generic usage.

Yazi is superior due to being a 2600 which cannot be targeted, which is extremely relevant in the gamestate. Good stats, good protection. Next.

MRD is second best. It is the best 7 vs. Shaddoll, as it can make even a resolving Shaddoll Fusion not hurt too much. Sure, it's a double foolish, but they're not getting their fusion back and their effects likely won't help remove MRD on their own.

The best is Clear Wing Synchro Dragon. It's not great against Dolls (bar synchros they make), but it's stupidly strong in both protection and against Nekroz, provided they didn't get to Unicore that turn/you answered Unicore. It doesn't straight outclass Yazi with its anti-targeting because it's only against monsters and only when targeting Level 5+, but it's still a strong effect.

The likelihood is A) you're summoning Construct, not Shek, since Shek is a worse play in most situations and B) you don't control both Winda and Shek.

I always control both Winda and Shek. Always. unless I'm fighting something silly like Qlis or Nekroz.

Shek is a great play, and with Winda they're really awesome.

You always control the setup that is inferior to construct plays? Point proven.

How is that inferior? 

Winda + Shekh prevent any Special Summon - related power plays. A really huge bunch of decks relies on their big monsters to make any sort of removal or advance in the game.

Construct is a sitting duck waiting to die to removal, with only benefits of a +1 at summon, and battle phase related stuff. 

Construct is great for aggressive plays, but if you're trying to block and control your opponent you would rather go into Shekhinaga. block and control is how I start a duel, works wonders.

Archived