League of Legends

Lord Bard

So I decided I should start a League of Legends set, so first few cards are done and there will be more. If someone is interested in helping me with this set, please be free to pm me here and i will try to do a collab next then.

So as for the cards, there will be first cards from Season 5 (current one), in the future I may do the other seasones but for now just the fith.

[spoiler=Log]
Fixed and improved Thresh's effect and name
Added Sweetheart Annie
Fixed El Tigre Braum and B. Elise
Added Bard and Firecracker Jinx
Fixed Bard's effect
Added Elderwood Bard and Headhunter Akali
Added Xin Zhao and Varus
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=5th Season]
[spoiler=Archlight Vel'Koz]
PWr92mp.jpg
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn, you can put 1 Archlight Counter on this card. Whenever your opponent activates a Spell card, you can remove 1 Archlight Counter from this card to destroy 1 card on the field.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Bloodmoon Elise]
xd0YN7e.jpg
If this is the only card in your hand, you can Special Summon this card. Once per turn, during either players turn, when this card is targeted for an attack; You can Special Summon 1 Level 1 Beast-Type monster from your deck to negate the attack.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Bloodmoon Thresh]
aoB3bGw.jpg
During each of your End Phases, this card gains 200 DEF. When your opponent activates a Counter Trap card; You can Special Summon this card from your hand.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Challenger Ahri]
RRvYL6p.jpg
You can Special Summon this card if you control no monsters; When Special Summoned this way, this card gains 200 ATK. When this card attacks, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls; Its effects are negated.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=El Tigre Braum]
7U4dkry.jpg
This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it be treated as an Effect Monster with this effect:
● When this card is Normal Summoned target 1 monster on the field; Return target monster to owner's hand.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Sweetheart Annie]
DiW3Hm8.jpg
When you Normal Summon a monster, put 1 Sweetheart Counter on this card. This card gains 100 ATK for each Sweetheart Counter on it. You can remove a number of Sweetheart Counters from this card, to add 1 monster from your deck to your hand, whose level is equal to the number or Sweethear Counters removed this way.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Bard, the Wandering Caretaker]
Omfohye.jpg
When your opponent's monster declares an attack: Reveal this card from your hand, target up to 2 monsters you control and return them to owner's hand and end the Battle Phase. During your next Standby Phase if you used this cards effect; Discard this card.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Elderwood Bard]
ZqHFtYH.jpg
When your opponent activates a Spell Card you can Special Summon this card from your hand; Then you can Special Summon 2 "Elderwood Elf Tokens" (Plant-Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0). Once per turn, this card can move to an adjacent unoccupied Monster Card Zone. Monster in the same column as this card cannot attack.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Firecracker Jinx]
2Ewk6Fz.jpg
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Each time you draw a card: You gain 500 Life Points. When a Trap Card that targets this card is activated, you can banish 1 Dragon-Type monster from your Graveyard; Negate the activation.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Headhunter Akali]
Dpulpj2.jpg
Once per turn: You can apply this effect, depending on this card's current battle position.
● Attack Position: Target 1 level 4 monster on the field; Send it to the Graveyard. Then tribute 1 monster you control.
● Defense Position: This card cannot be targeted by Spell/Trap cards.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Heartseeker Varus]
1OIYFbb.jpg
2 Level 4 monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned; Target 1 Spell/Trap card on the field and return it to owner's hand. Once per turn you can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card, target 1 monster on the field; Negate target monsters effect and make its ATK 0.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Secret Agent Xin Zhao]
NTljg8D.jpg
If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent. Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1, target 1 monster on the field and put 1 Info Counter on it. If this card attacks a monster with Info Counter, this card gains 300 ATK during damage step only.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

I believe the difficulty of responding to your cards comes from the nature that most of those who would be interested in responding might also happen to know a bit of the game of League of Legends. Otherwise, those who would respond who do not know much of League of Legends will likely feel that they will not be able to provide a full-focused and strong review that both addresses your concerns, their concerns, and entertains the idea of improving your card set. 

Provided that my last review was dismissed with a sentence from the card creator and hardly touched on again, only being mentioned by fellow comment writers whose segments involving my review were entirely ignored by the card creator-Well, suffice to say, I felt a little sour. I'll try to put that behind me as I look at a few of your cards individually and address the set as a whole provided that I have intimate knowledge of a few past metas involving a Yugioh card game of the past, just two or so years ago, and I frequently play League of Legends to the point that I know all of their abilities with very few obscure champions escaping my wealth of knowledge of the game. 

Hopefully, what I have to say will be addressed with both how you feel objectively and just, well, feelings in general. I do not mind. 

Let the review commence: 

[spoiler=Arclight Vel'koz]

Provided that two monsters min are required to summon the card with no before mentioned special requirements to be summoned, the monster feels a bit strong with it's effect. Given that the effect can destroy any card on the field, spells, traps, monsters, I'd say the effect feels a touch heavy handed. Though, in fairness, it certainly doesn't negate any effects, so the spell card required to be played by your opponent will be perfectly free to carry out whatever it planned on doing, especially if it was a MST. The effect deserves a retooling, certainly. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Firecracker Jinx]

The difficulty to summon verses it's effect actually makes this card feel a little weak in decks that don't provide dragons readily in your Grave for it's effect. However, with a proper deck suited around this monster, it simply cannot be destroyed by most trap cards that would seek to destroy it short of, like, Mirror force? It's a touch op, Then, also provided the life point regen which doesn't make much sense, I don't feel like this card at all capture's Jinx's identity.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Bard]

Probably one of the only cards here that isn't based on a skin, the effect here doesn't make much sense. It's woefully underpowered and extremely conditional. In order for it's effect to go off properly, not only does this monster need to be in your hand, but you need two monsters on your side of the field and your opponent must feel free to declare an attack. Of course, negating the battle is great and all, but coming at the cost of returning both of said controlled monsters to your hand AND discarding that card? It feels like a weak battle fader, or something. Also you need a "their" when the effect returns said monsters to your hand. Just missing that little piece. 

[/spoiler]

As it is, I like the direction you may feel like going with this set. However, with what you have currently, I don't feel like these cards reflect any of the character displayed in their images or any of the strengths/weaknesses of the champions in the game. Most of the cards have cool effects, but the one I feel that is closest to their abilities in the game would be Braum. I do not understand why the skins are relevant to the cards in any shape as the skins do not change the effects of the characters themselves, just the appearance. It would be neat if different rarities of the cards/ Different editions of the cards had different pictures symbolic of the skins, but given that you're currently just grabbing pics of skins/thatonenewchamp, and slapping a new effect onto them, the set doesn't at all capture the feel of LoL in  any sense and people with favorite characters who look into your set to see if you express their favorite character accurately will likely be upset.

With the Vel'Koz destroying anything as opposed to just an opposing monster, when his character doesn't provide any ability destruction ingame, Jinx for some reason healing(Though reflective of Life-Steal, that's just a build option, and not at all a part of her kit.) and Annie being reduced to a simple draw engine as opposed to the stun-nuke power-house she is in game, It is possible this project is too big for you to chew. Though, I would be more than happy if you continued and tried harder to have the cards resemble at least a part of the game. 

Overall, they are not bad. The effects are clean and clear, they do not house any game-breaking stuff and frankly, they're just fine. My complaints about them fitting the game of whose likeness you are borrowing here is simply just a critique alone. Stand-alone, had I known nothing about League of Legends, at best, my criticism would only involve maybe a few OCG fixes. And then said comment wouldn't be allowed by the rules. lol.

Is this your first set? Elaborate with me your experience given Yugioh and League of Legends are two of the fields you are working with on these cards, and then tell me what you have done so far with Custom Card making. Your response may be provided Via PM if you wish, or here. It doesn't bother me. 

Thank you for review, I am glad that somebody did it. So for the main idea 'The thing is, I thought that every skin should have different effect stats and all. But as for the classic champions like Bard he should rely purely on a Skillset. So his skin will have something different, just to avoid confusion I kinda wanted some new aproach. Since all sets were just regular skillset cards. Wanted to try something new, but now after this critique I am not sure.

Hmm.. Maybe I started bad, I will try to do all the Champion's Basic costumes side by side with their skins, just so people can see the differences I made. That may help, unless you dont think so. And I may try to put slow down and think of effects more strategically, to make them more valuable. 

As for If this is my first set. I'd say its not, i made some small sets before, but this one is my first here. So I will try to contribute with you.

Thank you for review, I am glad that somebody did it. So for the main idea 'The thing is, I thought that every skin should have different effect stats and all. But as for the classic champions like Bard he should rely purely on a Skillset. So his skin will have something different, just to avoid confusion I kinda wanted some new aproach. Since all sets were just regular skillset cards. Wanted to try something new, but now after this critique I am not sure.

Hmm.. Maybe I started bad, I will try to do all the Champion's Basic costumes side by side with their skins, just so people can see the differences I made. That may help, unless you dont think so. And I may try to put slow down and think of effects more strategically, to make them more valuable. 

As for If this is my first set. I'd say its not, i made some small sets before, but this one is my first here. So I will try to contribute with you.

quoting people makes it easier for them to know that you have responded to them.

You can PM me any othe ideas you may have for the set just to ensure our cntinued conversation doesnt turn into spam on this topic.

Archived