Story attempt: Yu-Gi-Oh! Core Heroes

R.Surraco

Crazy idea I had: Duelists become cards. Just... read a bit of it:

Jouji saw the card he pulled out and was shocked. Yes, it was his favorite Kuroneko Cat, just as Tayama's computer experts previewed in their simulation, but he looked... different. Golden marking on his body. Golden eyes instead of green. Then he recalled where he saw the markings in its body from.

"Hurry up, kid," called Tayama, "I know you got Kuroneko Cat, so hurry up and call it so I can crush it."

Jouji looked at the creatures he still had in his side of the field: his sister's Akaneko Cat and his brother's Shironeko Cat, both DEF 0 due to the effect of the Indestructible Airship Hindenkraft and Elemental HERO Electrum. Also, said cards had Big Bang Shot equipped. At the eyes of his opponent, he was gonna lose the match, specially with the limit of not being able to tribute monsters due to the Mask of Restrict. All Tayama saw, thanks to his computer predictions, was Jouji's defeat. But computers need data from the world and that data can be faulty.

"I know you can only play your Kuroneko Cat and a normal monster won't help you at all, not even with your Shironeko's effect," exclaimed Tayama, convinced of his victory, "You can summon it and lose the honorable way like your friends here," he points to Yuka and the girls, all wearing the cheerleader outfits with Tayama Tech logo on it and the controlling visors, "or you can just give up, like the coward you had always been. Admit it, you're just a coward yellow kitten and you'll always be."

"I admit it," Jouji says, raising his hand over his duel disk, "I'm a kitten," he heads to put his hand over his deck to forfeit, but suddenly his hand moves to the back of his disk, opening the Core Port of his disk. "And this are my claws! Core Summon: Kuroneko Sky Cat!" Jouji reveals his card, shocking Tayama and his computer experts. The card has the infamous red stripe in the middle and Kuroneko sports wings and the golden markings Yuka's Core Nymph Allair and the other Core Monsters sports.

"B-B-But..." Tayama stammers confused, "That's impossible!!! H-H-H-How...?" He looks at his technicians who are just as confused as him.

"Just an advice: teach your computer that not all alts are the same," said a smug Jouji. This caused one of the technicians facepalm and type, revealing the scan of the deck showed the card. The computer saw the art and, due to the matching pose and base form, it decided it was a regular Kuroneko with alternative art, but the deep scan reveals the card's full face and the scan now got updated: Kuroneko Sky Cat. Type; Normal Core Monster

It was, outside of being a core, still a normal monster card like the Kuroneko Cat, same level 3, same 1200/1000 ATK/DEF, but it had another text: This cat stopped playing around and decided to face his fear of heights. His courage was rewarded with new wings that put him soaring beyond everything else. The worst part for Tayama was its Core Monster effect: "When this card is Core Summoned, banish all cards in all Spell and Trap Zones. At the end of each turn, all face up cards in each the Spell and Trap Zones are sent to the bottom of the deck." Tayama paled at the cards effect, specially when he saw the card's Core Level: 2. Tayama looked at Jouji's field: Akaneko. Shironeko. Two cards, all needed for a level 2 Core to enter. He could only say one thing. "Well, shit..."

"You called it! Let's Core!" Jouji's Kuroneko Sky flew into the Core Port faster than light and, soon enough, his body began to glow. He began to get shorter, but also his body filled with markings. His clothing became black fur which began to cover his body. Before they had a chance, Jouji had changed. Black fur. Golden Markings, Black wings where his backpack used to be, big claws in hands and feet. And the grinning feline face. Outside of his Duel Disk, he looked like a splitting image of his evolved fave card. Jouji, the Kuroneko Sky Cat. "Okay, I feel like scratching the field. NYA!" A slash in the air and all active spells cards, except for Neko Playground, dissolved into nothing. Yes, Jouji lost the Buster Rancher that was equipped to his Shironeko, but Tayama lost all of his cards. Not only his trap and his equips, but also the monsters equipped with the Big Bang Shot cards. All, in one flick of a claw, so to call it.

The Neko cards and Core Nymph are fan-mad cards, the rest are existing cards (except Indestructible Airship Hindenkraft, which is anime-exclusive). And yes, all Core Monsters transform the duelist when used. Is it crazy enough to work?

Archived