Deck Master

Seanoow

It sounds like a decent idea to give cards certain effects that can be used while in the Deck Master Zone, the only issue I see would be that the effects would have to be printed on all the cards. And unless this type of duel mode interests enough people, I wouldn't ask for hundreds or even thousands of cards to be reprinted just for this duel mode. Speed World has a decent amount of popularity, but it required speed spells and a few other cards that affected speed counters. For commonly used monsters to be used with a new duel mode would require an immense amount of reprinting. I know that they wouldn't reprint thousands of monster cards unless there was a big reason for them to. I can see this being a new duel mode, but it is whether or not duelists want this duel mode which will determine if it is possible or not. I would love for that day to come, but it is out of my hands. If duelists want a Deck Master duel mode, then we can make a petition to try and make it reality. I'm up for it if anyone else is.

That is true. You could write a list of game mechanics that hold true for Deck Master gameplay. I like red-eyes idea. You can have a chart to determine eff based on attribute, then type, then level...

Like DARK can target a card in the Graveyard, Dragons can banish, and level 8-12 can SS monsters based on level, for example. So If REDMD was the Deck Master, it could have a master eff like:

Once per turn, you can target 1 Dragon-Type monster in either player's Graveyard; Banish that target, then, Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type monster from your hand, whose level is equal to or lower than the Level/Rank of that banished monster.

I will get to work on creating more cards for this mode. It will probably be a very small list, but I can also add cards that have additional/different effects while you have a certain deck master. I have a few weeks left in my current year of university, so I will try to stay up-to-date until then. Once I'm out for the summer I'll spend the next 10...minutes creating the new set :P. I'll try to get it done as soon as I can, including updating the "Deck Master" card. If duelists want deck masters, I'll give 'em deck masters!

The banished effect was a way for me to avoid creating a new zone for the deck masters. If I can not create a new zone for them they will be banished, but they will not affect, or be affected by any cards that do not specifically affect "Deck Master"s while they are 'banished'. I would be more than happy with a collaboration as I will be unable to make more cards for the set for a few weeks. Please send me a message if you want to collaborate so that we can go over the details regarding it.

Archived