Side Order; My Life as a Teenage Sword-User

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d15FzV0Gnm4

"It's like Pokemon with Swords -IGN"

Presented by:
62275ChefHatR.png
photo-76493.jpg?_r=1428712776

-SHAMELESS APP PROMOTION-

Well, no.
I'm watching TV, and I see a comercial for this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mighty_Magiswords

This looks.... Really interesting. It's a Flash series made for Cartoon Network Video. So more or less, this will just be a bunch of shorts.
The main idea behind this series is the sibling rivalry between our two main heros, as they look for these infamous 'Magiswords'. Hilarity ensues along the way, because the swords they choose never seemingly work right off the bat, and they end up switching to other ones. So it has an implied RPG feel, on how only specific items work in specific areas/etc.

I like how, despite not being made by the same people who did My Life as a Teenage Robot, this series has a very strong resemblance to it... Just without the Art-Deco motif. But instead of art-deco, we get anime; Srsly you can't miss the Animesque moments.

And appearently they got Weird Al to be a voice actor on this as well, so that's always amusing =D

So this has potential for something.
...Just wish it was a full fledged show.

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51170List.png
Special Menu; Transform-O-Rama

It's a top 5, of sorts, of various Transformers series I like.
And for all intensive purposes, I'm ignoring Animated; I've already said how amazing it is.
YEP. #1 IS GOING TO BE SOMETHING DIFFEENT FOR THIS LIST.

Presented by:
62275ChefHatR.png

-Lets roll!-

Energonlogo.jpg
Energon's premise is really interesting and somewhat of an oddity among Transformer shows; EVERYONE IS A COMBINER!
Like, the Autobots can all fight on their own, but they can also combine with eachother to not only become stronger, but also showoff the potential of said combination.
This series is #5 for the fact that... While I adore this idea, it was executed... Well... Rather awkwardly. Mostly, because despite the fact that everyone can literally combine with eachother, you only honestly see like a set number of combinations(Jetfire + Ironhide, Hotshot + Inferno, etc)
Although, I do applaud them for poking fun at this, with stuff like Prowl and Downshift, which stems from the fact that all the toys/etc share the same sort of connection port, which is pretty clever in it's own right.
Personally I just wish this series would showcase it's main gimmick more, and explore it better.

RIDlogo.png
What, expecting this one to be higher? Maybe. Robots in Disguise is a gem of a show. They play things for laughs way more then they should, and it's magical <3 Like, it's hard to tell when things are honestly serious in this show, when you know that everyone is just honestly being silly for the sake doing so. But it's ironic because Optimus and Megatron, and to an extent, Scourge, are like the ONLY serious characters here. And I love the implied medium awareness they had going on, because they made jokes along the lines of everyone just being actors in a sitcom based on conflict- owait...
'Course, the true star is, and always will be, Sky-Byte. Everyone else is basically their own story of sorts, and is just boils down to one big mess of sorts- It's like they were throwing ideas on the wall, and seeing what would stick. I mean, this series honestly has a plot, but it's only until the later episodes does it realistically take form. From that point on, the show tkes itself more seriously.
So more or less, this series acts like it's serious, but it honestly isn't. Which always makes for a fun show.

300px-Armadalogo.jpg
Armada is.... Strage. It's basically Pokemon, but with Transformers. But half-way through they abandon that premise and it becomes it's own show. They give you hints/etc to the main plot along the way.
I always liked the way Armada was made; I APPRECIATE THE LOW-BUDGET ASPECT OF THIS TRAIN WRECK- *ahem* It's also pretty whimsical in that regard, for the fact that you can typically see characters being drawn in different ways every other scene. So it's questionable as to what the budget actually went to.
Though, the main point I like about Aramda was that all the Transformers have built-in "hidden" weapons/etc, and they can only use them when they Powerlink with a specific Pokemon- Yea, I'm making that joke. Cuz' upon Powerlinking, said weapons are usually a weapon that's cranked up to 11. I mean, Starscream has Null Laser proton cannons. You can't go wrong with that.

Transformersprimelogo.png
I was only 9 years old when it happened. I loved Transformers Prime so much, I watched all the episodes and had all the toys. Transformers Prime is love, I say. Transformers Prime is life.
*cough*
No, but seriously. Transformers Prime, it's like... It's like poety in motion, it's so beautiful. You can't simply describe the magnitude of this series, you have to watch it. Watch all of it. To fully expirence this amazing series. It's hard to compete with what is basically perfection.
Unless...

400px-BWlogo.jpg
Beastwars is the only other series I can think of, that rivals Prime. And that's because Beastwars is the top banana of Transformers. I'm probably talking through my nostalgia goggles, but.... Story wise, Beastwars honestly has some pretty heavy bits, and can be rather extreme at times. IE, it's about as edgy as Prime is. However, the cast in Beastwars is arguably more chaotic then Prime is. By this, I mean the fact that the characters are more prone to ending up outside of their expected comfort zones, and the episodes in which this occurs will showcase what the result of that would be.
So I guess in it's own right it can double as a sort of "what if" story, because it's always fun to see episodes about everyone. Especially episodes that show different sides of everyone. And this series is loaded with them.
AND THEN THERE IS DINOBOT....
THE MOST HARDCRE GUY EVER.
But that's another story... Heh..

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

14133MiniTV.gif
Sauce and Cheese Ep13; Professor X' Bizarre Adventure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IzSGvXc_PM

"The X Men can really stand proudly"

Today's meal will be served to you by the following chef:
62275ChefHatR.png

-Magneto controls the world's metal-
So this is a series I used to watch a lot of, back in the day. You don't really need any prior knowledge of the cast, seeing as how the intro showcases all the main characters/their abilities, and then some. This series starts off with an episode that is just that; A fairly easy introduction to the characters/etc, so that's always a good point.

And we join our heros as they quest to defeat Magneto/fight for Mutant independance/etc. They also do poses/etc. It's totally Jojo, guise. Just... American.

The main plots/etc revolve around the points I've just mentioned, and they also go over some of the backstory and Volverine's love interest; Morph

I've always liked this series. Even today, I still get a kick out of it. Maybe I just like the idea of the X Men being hammy and dynamic, for the sake of being cool and flashy. Who knows.
I mean, you have Storm who calls out of her moves in the most over-the-top manner. Wolverine sounds like hes bent on killing everyone else. Cyclops has such a booming voice. I just find it all highly amusing.

Guess I'm just posting this out of nostalgia. Then again, how is that a bad thing? Heh....

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

14133MiniTV.gif
Sauce and Cheese Ep13; Professor X' Bizarre Adventure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IzSGvXc_PM

"The X Men can really stand proudly"

62275ChefHatR.png

-Magneto controls the world's metal-
So this is a series I used to watch a lot of, back in the day. You don't really need any prior knowledge of the cast, seeing as how the intro showcases all the main characters/their abilities, and then some. This series starts off with an episode that is just that; A fairly easy introduction to the characters/etc, so that's always a good point.

And we join our heros as they quest to defeat Magneto/fight for Mutant independance/etc. They also do poses/etc. It's totally Jojo, guise. Just... American.

The main plots/etc revolve around the points I've just mentioned, and they also go over some of the backstory and Volverine's love interest; Morph

I've always liked this series. Even today, I still get a kick out of it. Maybe I just like the idea of the X Men being hammy and dynamic, for the sake of being cool and flashy. Who knows.
I mean, you have Storm who calls out of her moves in the most over-the-top manner. Wolverine sounds like hes bent on killing everyone else. Cyclops has such a booming voice. I just find it all highly amusing.

Guess I'm just posting this out of nostalgia. Then again, how is that a bad thing? Heh....

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

This is my childhood in a bottle.  Between this and the Thundercats (which you should totes review now) I can't say I had a single dull day.  Not to mention lots of others, but this was another simple, great read.

14133MiniTV.gif
Sauce and Cheese Ep14; Kung Timmy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO8U4-Krz94

"Tara Strong learns kungfu in 02; Uses it to save the world in 06; Makes perfect sense."

62275ChefHatR.png

-NOW WITH 50% MORE ARTIFACTS OF DOOM-
Here is a show that I seemingly have fond memories of.
Though, maybe "fond" isn't the best word, per say, but this was always fun to watch on Saturdays... Until it devolved to a perpetual loop of just showing the last 5-ish episodes over and over again... Guh.

I liked the overall story driven/adventure-of-the-week/RPG/comedy style of this bizarre show. I mean, only like a handful of episodes in the earlier part of this series really mattered, then the rest of it became a more fleshed out series that delt with more character development and added hijinks that surrounded Omi and Chase.

Then 'Shen Gong Wu' of this series that everyone had to go and find, as I've mentioned, had an implied RPG side to them; Basically specific Wu could easily beat other Wu, and so on, and so on. So it really boiled down to who had the more overpowered items- YET FOR WHATEVER REASON THEY ONLY SHOWCASED THEM LIKE ONCE; I mean FFS, they have a Shen Gong Wu that could "attract other Wu like a magnet", and was only showcased like once. I guess they just figured they could live without that plothole if they just didn't speak of it again. Which is fine, really, since they had other Wu that was on that sort of level(I'm looking at you, Reversing Mirror, Emperor Scorpion, Shadow of Fear, Lunar Locket, etc)

Though, what never really made any sense was the fact that a good number of them were rather redundant. They only had a slight difference with eachother.
I mean, they have at least 3 that let you fly in the air, 4-ish "vehicle" ones, a good number of them just shot [inset elemental attack here], while others were just purely for the sillyness of it; Ants in the Pants, Lotus Twister, Sweet Baby Among Us, Ring of the Nine Dragons, etc.
So it was a mised bag of what the Wu did, despite some of them being vastly superior to like 2-3 other ones.

Cannon Blaster and Lotus Twister were always my favorites; Cannon Blaster shot the user like a cannon, but they went flying at people like Sonic doing a Spindash, and it would plow everything over. Twister, however, despite the fact I've listed it as silly, that was the whole novelty of it; It basically turned you into Mr.Fantastic/Plasticman/etc, and in a show like this, that sort of power was ridiculiusly strong.

The cast for this show was main-monk Omi, the water element "Everything is so new to me" guy, who was accompanied by badass wind-boy Raimundo, hidden-fire Kimiko, and tough-as-earth texan Clay.
Playing for the badguys was Jack Spicer, for the most part, a self proclaimed evil genius who was instantly showcased as a goofball and just stayed in tune with that. We later get other badguys like Hannibal Bean, Chase Young, etc, but to be honest... Half the time they were pretty bland. Chase had some stories, sure, but that's about it. Hannibal had some moments, though.
I've never seen Chronicle, so anything in that is unknown to me, mind you; This post is basically of the pre-Chronicle saga.

So it's a fun series that doesn't take itself too seriously, and only becomes more of a thing as the series continued.

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

14133MiniTV.gif
Sauce and Cheese Ep15; Screw the Rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYJAYUf1BN4

"...I'd finish the cliche, but it works better elsewhere"

62275ChefHatR.png

-Paid Advertising-
Been a little while since I've made a post relating to Gumball, but who cares.

This episode pokes fun at how advertisements/etc typically go which is funny because other shows on CN get more attention because of it
NEW EPISODES OF ADVENTURE TIME AND UNCLE GRANDPA
-and how having actual funds/etc can lead to things that are appearently an importance. It gets even funnier when the whole universe itself begins to devolve back into storyboards and other similar things as a continuation of the entire point behind the episode, except it's cranked up to 11 for the whole extreme it goes to.

I also enjoy how they mock things like this, by having Richard in a whole body suit of advertisements; Complete racecar driver style; It's hilarious.

AND LETS NOT FORGET TO MENTION NICOLE'S JAPANESE AD. IT'S SO KAWAII DESU UGUU, I THINK IM GETTING DIABETES FROM HOW WEEABOO IT IS, AND I FUCKING LOVE IT- *ahem* I don't mean it like that. I honestly love that scene. It's just so perfect.

Anyway, the Wattersons are mostly in the whole debt in the first place if only becuase Gumball keeps insisting on them not needing money, only for it to ironicaly come back and bite him in the ass on a rather extreme level. And for a minute, I honestly thought this episode would have been what Banana Barbra's painting was about- Nope. Showcasing the 3D engine/etc that helps to make up this show. So cleverness like that is always a fun thing.

I guess the fact that I find this episode to be highly enjoyable is because the whole irony of how things turned out is what helps to be really silly. Plus, the intnentiona glitch-fest that was the ending bits are also fun to see, because this was a deliberate destruction of the show itself.

Oh, and Imaginating things that can physically harm Gumball himself is a pretty clever bit, because it winds up getting everyone to take out everything on Gumball's money-free ambitions, which is amusing for what it's getting at. Plus, I love seeing Gumball turning into things/casually floating in the air/etc.

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

14133MiniTV.gif
Sauce and Cheese Ep16; I'll stop The World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9a3vYx_HbM

"...And melt with you"

63196Remote.png
(Remote is a link to the actual fight)

62275ChefHatR.png

-MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA!!!-
Ahh..... The most iconic moment in the Bizzare Adventure OVA... The infamous Dio vs Jotaro fight...

I mean, who doesn't love over-the-top 90's animes that include bits like this, that are purely fighting sequences and other bit of the cool stuff we all love? I mean, whats not to like? We have our badass protagonist Jotaro going up against the ever-so-crazy Dio, in an episode battle to the death that wraps up the whole OVA in a matter that everyone adores; rapid fire fisticuffs vs rapid fire fisticuffs.

The action. The adreneline. The nonstop manliness. Just all of it is perfect.

The OVA itself is only about 15 episodes, but lets be honet... This ending bit is the only one you guys ever want to see. Dio, the character that has been mentioned in the very beginning, goes up against our hero Jotaro, in a battle of wits/etc(as Dio puts it), and, as I've just mentioned, it's just perfect in every way.

So if your up for a shorter version of Bizarre Adventure, I'd suggest you watch this. If not, then watch Stardust Crusaders, which is a much longer/in-depth version.
Either way, you get what this series is about; Stands vs Stands, in a stand-off, to see one stand while the other falls. And I'm sure you will love it.

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

• 2 weeks later...

14133MiniTV.gif

Sauce and Cheese Ep17; EVERY ONE OF YOU DESERVE A MEDAL!

"Soldier would tots be an ideal Medafighter. Just sayin'..."

62275ChefHatR.png

-It's like Pokemon with- wait a minute...-

Lets be honest; This series comes off as being made on a whole 5$.

But the brilliance of this, is that it let the human cast be a lot wackier with choppy movements, weird designs, and otherwise strange appearances.

However... The budget for the show honestly went all to the Medabots themselves; They know everyone wants to just see them blowing eachother up, and it worked perfectly.

The whole fun of this series, honestly, comes from the fact how you can typically see Medabots of all kinds of shapes and colors; You get things ranging from the iconic weaponized bumblebee Medabots, to giant elephant tanks. So it was always cool seeing what this series would present you with next. Not to mention, and more often then not, Medabots would have abilities to them that you would honestly not expect. Or better yet... You would see ones that are just overly stylized, because looking cool was always a prominent aspect of the Medabots designs.

Iki n' friends, however, they come off as being a little expected for kids of a relevant age. Although, the writers behind this series would often make them venture out of character, and you wind up with them doing a bunch of goofy antics/etc.

Plus, you have the Rubber Robo Gang who- They honestly don't take themselves seriously until the later bits of the episode. But along the way, the just add to the overall comedic value of this series, if only because they are so over-the-top a good portion of the series.

All in all, it's a fun series to watch if you honestly won't care about the animation itself. Plus, it looks like a stylized comic book, in animated form, which is pretty amusing(At least, to me).

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

82888WaiterArm.png
Side Order; Unbearably Cute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtNVhZrm4Cc
"Ridable bears. All we need now is a Bandicoot!"

Presented by:
62275ChefHatR.png

-BEAR IT-
Chcrashwoc.jpg

Ok so.... This show comes out on July 27th- Oh my gosh it is adorable. It features 3 bears with hilariously contrasting personalities; Grizzly is bold and dynamic. Panda is comedically awkward. and Polar bear 'Ice Bear' is the strong silent-type who comes off as a real badass. I love it. This show looks really humorous, if only because the trio of bears will go about mundane things in life, but from the perspective of a bunch of goofy bears. I'm looking forward to this, because it's likely going to be really silly and enjoyable to watch.

Given the fact that this preview shows them in a younger state(Which stems from a webcomic by the same guy who made it), so if this series follows them as they 'grow up', it can lead to a lot of humorous moments.

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

• 2 weeks later...

14133MiniTV.gif

Sauce and Cheese Ep18; He's the gosh darn bat-person, man!

"Staring Luke Skywalker!"

62275ChefHatR.png

-It's like a "Its like Starwars with Batman"-joke-

I have fond memories of This series. Like, it was edgy, sure, but it set out to be it's own thing and act as a dramatic story of sorts. And it had amazing deliverey at that. It's another adventure-of-the-week driven series, because we all love those. But at the same time, they all acted as a main story. So you get the idea.

What I loved best about this, honestly, was the fact it got really deep at times, and you'd feel kinda' bad for a lot of the cast, if only because... Things just didn't really seem right. Plus the stories were always really thrilling and the overall atmosphere of the episodes would always present an amazing aura about themselves.

And then we have that Phantasm 'moive'. That, was the sheet. I mean it was just a momentous movie that jumpped the shark for a lot of things(in a good way), and it was just really damn cool.

Not to mention, This series has arguably the most iconic, if not, one of the most iconic, Jokers to ever exist:

Which just added so much more to the series, and it was perfect.

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

• 2 weeks later...
14133MiniTV.gif
Sauce and Cheese Ep19; SIGNATURE MOVES INBOUND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe_U6pdtu1Q

"Too bad we never had an actual videogame of this show..."

62275ChefHatR.png

Honor, Family, Tradition, and Donuts!
Best way to describe this show; Batshit insane.
But like, it's really damn fun to watch if only because of how over-the-top, like, everything is. It's just really silly.
Arguably the best aspect of this show, was the fact everyone's signature moves would turn them into things, and it was a matter of being the better 'thing' to turn into; It's like Rock Paper Scissors on acid... Almost...
I don't know about you, though, but War of the Donuts is the best episode. I mean, giant monster battles never get old, but how about giant mecha-donut shops!? It's crazy!
Bonus points for the epsidoe name being a War of the Worlds reference, btw.

I mean, practically every episode involving The Flea was always bound to be cranked up to 11, even for this show. I mean, why not!? Flea does whatever he wants and doesn't give a shit; Flea is simaltanously a badass and comic relif at the same time.

What was pretty weird about this series, was the fact it became more pop-culture based in the later season. Not sying it like it's a bad thing, since that episode with the online game, though... Fuckin' Echo Blast, man...
Still, this is a series I come back to every now and then, if only because of how ridiculous this show is.

I STILL WISH WE HAD AN ACTUAL FIGHTING GAME FOR THIS SERIES. Though, Ultimate Muscle, Legends vs New Generation was pretty close to what you would expect.

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

I only watched a few episodes of this but I remember liking it.

All three main characters were cool, but the Flea made the strongest impression on me, for the same reasons you gave. Free spirit and all.

A fighting game would be interesting for sure. XD

Also read the bear webcomic. I really want to see "We Bare Bears" now. XD

14133MiniTV.gif

Sauce and Cheese Ep20; IT'S GAME TIME!

"Oh hey, a slightly different version of an earlier clip I used!"

63196Remote.png

62275ChefHatR.png

-IT'S LIKE BANJO KAZOOIE WITH NO KAZOOIE AND 3X BANJOS-

Episode 1 is on YouTube at the time I'm posting this. I'll post another link later if it disappears.

*ahem*

Ok, this series is really damn silly, but I like the approach they took with it. Like, it has a sort of Ed, Edd, and Eddy vibe to it, if only because our trio of bears have similar personalities- PANDA IS FUNNY AS HELL.

But seriously... Grizzly is a bit of an idiot but actually knows his stuff; Also the team leader, and goes about life as he sees fit. Panda is your typical nerd, whos into everything from anime and the internet, but it's exagerated to a silly degree cuz' it's funny. Ice Bear can do anything and is a complete badass, but is prone to things going wrong for him out of the irony of it.

They play off eachother absolutely amazingly, and I was honestly laughing my ass off at a lot of the stuff in this first episode.

And honestly, I really like the way everything is drawn in this series. It's like somewhere between Gravity Falls and Pepper Anne, with more of an emphasis on things being cute.

So as I've mentioned before in a previous post, the episodes are more about how the Bears themselves react to the given situation that they find themselves in, and hilarity ensues as they try to resolve it. So whatever can happen I guess can happen... Heh.

Srsly. This series is highly enjoyable, and has A LOT of potential. It only has like 5 episodes(at the time I posted this), and I'm glad it lives up what I was expecting from it.

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

• 2 weeks later...

14133MiniTV.gif

Sauce and Cheese Ep21; Cube Frenzy

" 'American anime' is so silly."

62275ChefHatR.png

-Cat-Puns inbound!-

I swear, this series was written by Carlos.

This is a series that I'd watch with my sister ages ago. Like, literally we had rented VHSs of this series, and just watched them here and there.

But enough about that...

This series typically does recreations/slightly abridges classic fariy tales/stories/pop culture things/etc, and goes about as they see fit- I included the Starwars one in the OP cuz' I know you guys would get a kick out of it.

Like... They basterdize a lot of stuff, but they play it out in this sort of cute/gag manner, and comparing it to the actual content in question is honestly really funny to see how they went about it.

FUN-FACT: HELLOW KITTY AND CATNIP IN THIS SERVER ARE VOICED BY TARA STRONG AND CREE SUMMER RESPECTIVELY

Speaking of which-

The whole universe that is this series just bends around the title character, yet, she doesn't really do much for it. Meanwhile, Catnip is prone to being a buttmonkey out of sheer irony.

Look, this series doesn't exactly take itself seriously, and it tries to cram a lot of stuff into a whole 10 minutes. So it's pretty amusing for the sort of lenght they go to, to make this stuff stick an implied plot, while also going out of it's way to be it's own thing.

And before you afk/question it/etc- They actually DO have scenes here and there that showcase stuff that's going on behind the stage, so it's interesting to see them fussing over scripts, going on about the wardrobe, etc. Though it's typically everyone who ISN'T Hello Kitty who ends up in thee sorts of situations here and there. Or at least, if I remember correctly.

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

Well, my first reaction would be to dismiss this offhand, since it just seems a bit too childish. I mean, I love cartoons, but Hello Kitty was never my thing.

Still, We Bare Bears is awesome (just watched the eighth episode today), and the other stuff you mentioned is pretty great too, so I trust your opinion. I'll probs eventually try to watch at least one episode of everything you've mentioned here, probably the specific episodes you mention, actually. After that, if I like it enough, I'll watch more like I'm doing for WBB.

Loving this blog for many reasons, but mainly the fact that you just seem to know a lot about cartoons and through reading this, I get to hear about new cartoons I should watch. And your commentary is just golden.

For the most part, I made a post on Furry Tale Theater mostly because it's a rather obscure show by itself, really.

Plus, I like the idea of occasionally mentioning strange, older shows, because it's fun to see what production companies came up with throughout the years, and because some of us never exactly saw the same shows as other did.

So really, it got a post cuz' the show was a bit of an oddity while growing up. Or at least, for me it was/I mentioned that in the post.

Yeah that's one of the things I like about this blog: the diverse array of shows you mention. For instance, I'd only heard of a couple of these shows before you mentioned them. If it weren't for this blog, I might have gone on never hearing about them. I might never have watched We Bare Bears, and that would be just sad.

And yeah it does seem to be a bit of an oddity. Still, I do like Tara Strong (have ever since Little Mermaid II), so her name alone is enough to pique my interest. It's a bit more childish here than it is elsewhere, but that could just be an age thing.

Don't know when, but as I said before, I'll be trying to watch all of these mentioned episodes sometime in the future. Expand my horizons a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

14133MiniTV.gif

Sauce and Cheese Ep22; Crimson Shadow Armor Ninja

"ITS DIABETIC- HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG"

62275ChefHatR.png

-Oh hey, another pilot-

Twelve Forever is... How should I put this... It's effectively a Magical Girl anime, or at lest, it feels like it wants to be more anime-like, similar to how Steven Universe is- SU's JP dub is like you are watching a whole different show. I'm getting sidetracked.

I honestly adore the art style of Twelve Forever. Call me crazy, but it has a really weird PS1 Spyro the Dragon-esque aura about it. By this, I mean things are exagerated to look comical/whimsical/slightly scary/etc, and was injected with a large dosage of what the 1980s thought the future was, and it's a really fascinating combination, and I simply love it.

Plot wise, the pilot basically gives the indcation that the series would be based around "12"s, I guess, "struggle"(?) that she is younger then everyone else and it's seemingly a bigger issue then they let on. Or at least, as far as the pilot's plot goes. This series could develop into a more in-depth story, but.... It's just a pilot.

There actually are people out there that want this to be a full series, and it's somewhat floating around as a possible thing. But untl then, it's just whatever. And personally, this would be a really fun series to watch. It has A LOT going for it.

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

And I totally get what you mean by Spyro art.

It's more prominent in Sheen's design.

I mean, the characters in the PS1 Spyro games that aren't monsters/etc have a more spindly design and just look more goofy in general- Sheen's design embodies this, because it's more about the features of the character in question.

I might have to make a diagram of sorts for this, but it seems silly to do so.

Archived