Sauce and Cheese

Toffee.

14133MiniTV.gif

Sauce and Cheese Ep36; The Good sheet

"Lets skip Titnas Go. This is the good sheet"

63196Remote.png

(Remote is a link to the actual episode)

Today's meal will be served to you by the following chef:

62275ChefHatR.png

photo-76493.jpg?_r=1428712776

-WHEN THERES TROUBLE YOU KNOW WHO TO CALL.... GHOSTBUSTERS!-

Honestly, I'm only mentioning Titans Go in these posts, mostly for the fact they keep doing weird episodes. But anyway...

Quest is arguably my favorite episode of Teen Titans because of the two things going on in it. The first being that we see Robin being a little outside of his element, but it works to further his character as it showcases his determination to be the best the very best, like no one ever was. Dude, he fights a funking bear, then uses his senses to play tag with a blind snake, and then does some olympic-level pole vaulting tricks to beat a monkey. I could never really pinpoint the exact sort of style the snake is, since the bear is clearly sumo and the monkey does a sort of combination-drunken monkey/mimic style, or whatever- He uses Robin's own abilities against him- You know what I mean. So Robin shows off how funking awesome his ninja skills are the entire episode and the crowd goes wild.

MEANWHILE....

The second bit of this episode is other Titans on a weird day-off that ends up with them pretending to be Robin for the day; It's really damn funny. Like, they are literally pretending, despite the fact they could totally go about saving the day/etc as a gang of Not-Robins. But in this show, they always favor silly antics whenever they can get away with it. And I love how at the ending Robin returns and is all like 'Everyone is Robin? K. Cool.'

I like how Starfire is enjoying Robin-ing the most, which is really cute. Or at least, to me it seems like she is.

Fuckin... We even have Silke(whatever) dressed as Robin- Can we just call this show Steven and the Stevens Robin and the Robins? I know it's only for 1 episode, but still. Regardless, despite the episode being a little on the filler side, it's amusing for the fact that we see what goes on during a day in which Robin is absent And not Red X.

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14133MiniTV.gif

Sauce and Cheese Ep37; ITS TURBO TIME!

"Power Moves are so radical!"

62275ChefHatR.png

-American Dragonball-

So this was a pilot that was pitched back in 2013/fell into obscurity. HOWEVER.... Recently they made an App Game for this. On top of that, and according to the Wiki(Im lazy), they recorded lines for "KO" for like five episodes. You know what this means? It means this is likely an upcoming show.

Now with the pilot itself-

YES, KO'S VOICE ACTOR IS THE SAME PERSON WHO VOICED KID-GOKU/GOHAN/ETC; IT'S funking PERFECT- Plaza Turbo is like some kind of Street Fighter/90's anime/etc glorious mashup of cool stuff that always works together; They work in, basically, a Seven-Eleven inside this minimall/things happen regarding Plaza Turbo and the competing store across the street. It's like if Clerks the Animated Series was an action anime, this is what you might get.

...Ok, that's a goofy comparison.

You know what? funk it. Lakewood Plaza turbo is like if you got the cast of Dragonball Z and told them to run a convenience store, while everyone else in the universe has similar abilities/etc, this is what you would get. And I love it. Like, this is honestly the kind of show that will really go places, given the nature of it/it's concept/etc. It's really good. Like, REALLY good. But for now, I'm just waiting until something happens with this and/or it actually becomes a show- It has no confirmed air date or anything like that, mind you.

Honestly, the characters being concerned over having special moves or not is really funny in it's own right, because it means everyone has a bit of Medium Awareness, and I find it amusing.

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

14133MiniTV.gif

Sauce and Cheese Ep38; Birthday Boy

"...Really wish that Godzilla roar actually happened"

63196Remote.png

62275ChefHatR.png

-Spyro the Dragon-

Fun-Fact: This is my favorite episode of MLP. Why, you might ask? a few reasons.

The first being that it provides us with some insight on how Dragons work within the realm of MLP; They grow because they horde/collect/whatever a bunch of stuff they want/etc- I could argue that they got this from Lord of the Rings, and how Smog "Smauwg" has his entire domain full of gold/etc, but I doubt they were the first ones to have a dragon in a location that's full of valuables. Whatever. This episode also slightly references Dragonshy because the dragon in that one had a bunch of gold- It just works. And I never really knew why people draw Spike with wings, when dragons becoming bigger based on how much stuff they stole were able to amass; It's honestly a pretty solid idea because they stick with it in a few episodes. Wingless dragons are actually a thing, mind you.

*ahem*

The second is the fact that Ponyville gets absolutely destroyed. Like, it's total anarchy because suddenly a dragon is rampaging through the city, and Ponyville just so happens to be at the center point of it all. I don't even know why I find this amusing, but it's just the fact that disasters in Ponyville that are of this level are so out of the ordinary and it's really quite something when it actually happens. And it's actually pretty silly at the same time because it's funking Spike who ends up being the antagonist in this episode. Like this is some kind of impending fate or whatever. Actually lets not dig deep into that, and enjoy this for what it is.

And finally, I want to mention this-

[spoiler=Full grown dragon in Dragonshy]

Fluttershy_Confronting_Dragon_S1E07.png

[spoiler=Full grown Spike in This episode]

Spike_grown_up_S2E10.png

Hes arguably a lot bigger. Cuz' its cool that we have a monster that can't realistically leave(wings would just let him fly out with less damage), without causing more destruction along the way.

THIS EPISODE IS ALSO GODZILLA AND KING KONG AT THE SAME TIME, AND IT'S REALLY funking COOL BECAUSE OF IT.

I don't know, I guess I just get a kick out of the fact that this is what would likely happen in the event an actual dragon attack of sorts happened/I like to see how they deal with larger monsters/etc.

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

• 2 weeks later...

14133MiniTV.gif

Sauce and Cheese Ep39; Neon Nightmare

"...The funk?"

62275ChefHatR.png

-Nobody played Rogue Trip-

I'm talking about a show that has a target audience that's older then everything else I've mentioned here(so far)... What is wrong with me...

Ok so, I felt like watching an episode of this a while ago; It only has 10 episodes- This series is really funking dumb. But like, there is a lot of silly things going on it, that I jut laugh at. The dialogue is all over the place half the time, Dazzle is the biggest idiot ever, the police chief is Wyldstyle, just... There is so much going on with this series that I find it hard to describe it as a whole. I like the overall idea that Moonbeam City has going for it, and I get a kick out of the fact everything is often resolved in an over-the-top manner, and I simply love how it's all drawn in this 80's style/anime-esque/whatever-you-want-to-call-it stylized manner- I just like everything that is this series. It's so... Weird, and just so... out there for a series. It's just a really weird show that I had fun watching. They hint at it continuing beyond it's 10 episodes, but given it's current rating/score/whatever, it's foggy at best. Hell, I'd even be fine with this just being a 1-off series of 10 episodes.

I don't know, part of it might be because the humor goes from being really dry to straight-up wacky and/or because some of the plots make absolutely no sense, or whatever. I just like this series for what it is; An over-the-top parody of police dramas, that is over-saturated in neon colors and given a strange 80's aesthetic for an interesting design. Plus, they even play a lot of things for laugh, which is always a good thing in my opinion.

So if your in the mood to watch something weird/bizarre/etc, then I'd suggest this. Otherwise, you might just give this series a weird look and walk way. Both are fine, really.

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

14133MiniTV.gif

Sauce and Cheese Ep40; Mucha Lucha

325Dagget.jpg

"I don't actually have a clip, so here is Dagget with Josuke n' friends"

63196Remote.png

62275ChefHatR.png

-Have you seen my stapler?-

Angry Beavers; I bet you guys didn't see this coming.

I always liked this episode the most; Probably because I get a kick out of the whole pseudo film-noir thing they have going on- The episode is in color, but you know what I mean.

Whats pretty amusing about this episode is that The Stapler fights a monster made of staples. It's actually part of Daggets plan to rule over a small city of sorts with his franken-wrestler, but it ironically turns on him and Dagget/Norbert/Stapler end up having to fight this thing. Oh, and they are actually looking for missing wrestlers, but that's just a set-up for the match between Stapler and 'Death'. the fight itself is rather silly, but I it's fun because of how quickly they can dispose of 'Death', and leave him in a pie of his own body. They do a cool pose over winning, but that's a requirement with this sort of thing- it's always a requirement to do a flashy victory pose if a team of masked characters save the day.

Though, technically Stapler did everything, but that's beside the point. It's an episode about beaver brothers who team up with a big muscle man in order to fight a freakish monster-wrestler; You honestly can't go wrong with this episode.

'Course, Dagget is the one who makes 'Death' in the first place/is the source of the plot, but his bumbling antics were always all over the place.

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

• 3 weeks later...

14133MiniTV.gif

Sauce and Cheese Ep41; MissingNo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wBBesTuBC0

" T́͡h͏͢ę̸ ̵́A̴͜m҉̶á̡z̧̛͜į͜ņg҉ ͜W͠͝or̨͏l̴d̵͠ o̶͢͡f͟͞ ̛G҉͜u͡m̴b́͠͞al̀͘ĺ͏̵ "

63196Remote.png

62275ChefHatR.png

-Everything you know is wrong-

Ahhh, Gumball... This series is always good for a laugh. Especially the weird-as-funk episodes, like this one. The Signal is a really unsettling episode because everything just gets funked up in some way over the various glitches that are occurring throughout the episode. But what becomes even more funked up about this is the relation to the TVs in the episode, and the final conclusion of Gumball and Darwin realizing that they themselves are fictional TV characters- I love the shocked expressions they have, while everything else at the end is just blissfully unaware of this. Also makes for some amusing fridge logic, if it comes to that.

Whats amusing to note is that some of the effects in this episode are known as Datamoshing, so it's cool that they played around with rendering/re-rendering/etc the whole episode just to establish some of the goofy effects that are present in this episode. It's nice to note that, one scene where you see the lower half of someone else' face below Gumball's, it's Mic Graves; Basically the guy who directs the show- This episode tends to venture well beyond the 4th wall, similar to The Money(but not as extreme as that one).

I mean, this whole episode is just weird to look at at, sure, but it ends on an interesting/ominous/etc note that begs a few questions about the series itself, like sometimes endings like this matter, but they only take effect later on down the road. However, said questions would only matter IF said later episodes picked off from where this one does. So who knows. It's up to speculation. Or whatever.

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

• 4 weeks later...

14133MiniTV.gif

Sauce and Cheese Ep42; Zootopia

"Don't you mean Motorcity?"

62275ChefHatR.png

-His car is named Mutt-

Whole series: http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Motorcity

Motorcity existed from 2012 to 2013, but I found this series like 2 years ago. Or whatever. Regardless...

Remember Megas XLR? Well... As luck would have it... They had made a series afterwords. This, is that series. You know... car motif? Lots of over-the-top metal-as-funk details? All the good sheet we love from titmouse? Yea. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Oh, and the main badguy is voiced by Luke Skywalker, while the main goodguy is voiced by Toonami's Tom.

Anyway...

Motorcity follows around Mike and his Burners as they try to free the aboveground 'Deluxe' of it's corrupt government-esque establishment of ruling over everything with an iron fist. And how do they do that? They ride around in the most funking awesome vehicles to ever exist. And along the way they run into a few other characters(who are pictured in the intro)- Duke of Detroit is a really fun character. Hes a jackass, but hes still fun.

*ahem*

Oh, right, cars.

So aside from the adventure-of-the-week plots and the gradual story that's being set in place, you get to ride along with this gang of misfits and there otherwise adventures through the underground post-apoc area that is known as Motorcity. You get plenty of character development along the way, in addition to a romance and like 1-2 bromances on this wild ride, and all of it is great.

Yadda yadda, Motorcity is really good. It's short, but it's really really good.

Oh, and it's a running gag that Mutt typically gets destroyed in each episode.

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

• 4 weeks later...

14133MiniTV.gif

Sauce and Cheese Ep43; Megas XLR

"Pandas dig giant robots"

62275ChefHatR.png

-Something something Zootopia with giant robots-

funking hell, why have I not mentioned this series yet?

Episode 1, to give you a taste of this series

Ironically I cannot find a source for the all episodes/I'm a lazy funk for no really looking/whatever. I own this series on DVD, but that's irrelevant.

This show always makes me smile and puts me in a good mood whenever I see it. The humor is so funking wacky and it's done in a very childish manner- I don't know, just the whole innocent nature of Panda Z, and how everything is super-deformed/adorable, and the fact the main character is a motherfucking panda- I just adore everything that is Panda Z.

However...

Because of how obscure this show is, the fact it's narrated in a sort of silent-film-with-title-cards sort of way, and the humor being a lot of slapstick and otherwise goofy shenanigans- To fully enjoy this series, it's more of an acquired taste, if anything. So if I said this series will either be hit or miss with people, 90% of the time it will miss. But like I said, it's an acquired taste.

Honestly my favorite aspect of Panda Z is the fact it's satire of mecha-anime; aside from the fact it's an obvious parody of Mazinger Z. Like, if you've seen series like Gurren Lagann/Gundam/etc, then you will know exactly what they are playing at, with Panda Z.

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

• 1 month later...

14133MiniTV.gif

Sauce and Cheese Ep44; Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This

"Who am I to disagree?"

63196Remote.png

62275ChefHatR.png

-Eurythmics-

I could have done a Spongebob reference here, but I figured a song reference would be a better choice.

One of the beautiful things about Amazing World of Gumball, honestly, is the fact it showcases how twisted it can be; this episode is a wonderful example of this.

Aside from the fact there is honestly so much going on in it, from a subtle Matrix reference, to showing how funked up some of the characters lives really are, to scenes that are outright nightmare fuel, etc. This episode is really stands out among the rest of, I don't know, everyone other Gumball episode?- for being so funking wrong on so many levels, that it becomes funny for how disturbing everything is; this is literally what I'm talking about, when I said this show is capable of being twisted- Not to mention disturbing.

'Course, this episode isn't THAT much of a dark and chilling tale; also has it's fair share of cleverness, in regards to the characteristics of some of the cast- Teri's and Sussie's dreams, for example, have the former taking advantage of her paper anatomy while the later... Well.. You'll just have to see it for yourself, as it's honestly the best part of the entire episode- funk it; this scene with Sussie is honestly the best scene of this entire series, if only because it easily tops the complete destruction of the fourth wall/deconstruction of the show itself, from the episode The Money.

And you know what? I'll just go right ahead and say this; Night is now my new favorite episode from this series. It's honestly really funking good because of how dark and twisted it is, with a good amount of surreal humor thrown in; it becomes quite charming because of this.

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

• 4 weeks later...

14133MiniTV.gif

Sauce and Cheese Ep45; It's a very very...

"Mad World"

62275ChefHatR.png

-Another music reference, huh?-

Mad World literally has nothing to do with this series; I'm sorry.

Ok so... Loud House is a series that I honestly want you to follow. Bonus points if you have siblings/grew up with them/etc; it will make this series so much better then it needs to be.

Like, it's a series that focuses on 1 son with his 11 sisters; they have varying ages/etc-

Lori is 17; runs this sheet(when the parents aren't home) and/or chats with her boyfriend via phone/etc

Leni is 16; typical 'dumb blonde', but has her moments/hangs with Lori a lot

Luna is 15; has a thing for rock music and generally goes about life in a carefree manner

Luan is 14; HEY?! REMEMBER CARLOS FROM MAGIC SCHOOL BUS?! No, but seriously, shes the comic relief of the house

Lynn is 13; athletic, competitive, and somewhat of a wildcard

Lincoln is 11; main character/middle child and basically the only sane man on the show

Lucy is 8; goth/emo who is prone to suddenly popping up and unintentionally scaring people

Lana is 6; tomboy of the house who likes to roll around in mud/etc, and the twin of Lola

Lola is 6; the exact opposite of Lana, but with the benefit of being an alpha-jabroni(at times)

Lisa is 4; child prodigy/has a PHD from college/etc and likes running experiments/etc

Lily is 1; professional nudist, or at least, tries to be one

Lotta' L-names, m i rite?

And lets not forget Clyde; Lincon's best friend/wingman, and is, hilariously enough, an only-child.

This series has a strong Ed, Edd, and Eddy vibe to it, and by this, I mean the fact the siblings find themselves in situations/daily issues/etc- a lot of it is slice-of-life sort of things/etc- and the fun of the show is how everyone reacts to it. So you have A LOT going on, but it's never enough to make you lose track of things.

And while all the sisters tend to gang up on Lincoln, they really care deeply for him from time to time. Mostly because Lincoln is kinda' sorta' the glue that holds the house together... Heh..

Honestly this is a fun show to watch, regardless of who you are- I CAN GUARANTEE YOU, THAT YOU WILL SEE YOURSELF IN THIS SHOW AT SOME POINT OR ANOTHER- I only mention this because the cast is very diverse and the situations really show multiple sides of everyone.

Aaaaaaand then we have the overall art-style of Loud House that I honestly adore; it look damn near identical to Whatever Happened to Robot Jones/Schoolhouse Rock/etc- it has a retro/70's design- oh, you know what I mean. It's meant to have a comic book-like design to it, as this is mostly because Lincoln is really into comics/etc, so that's always a nice detail.

All in all, this show really goes places, and it's very nice that it does- Also it's a new favorite show of mine =D

-Enjoy

36728Banner.png

Archived