[Finished][Finished]CC Monthly Series [March 2015] (Please read the rules first)

Alright, added everyone to the main post.

Note that if you haven't, you must put your card text under your card and bold the requirement keyphrases, otherwise, you'll get a slight point penalty.

Once again, good luck to all of you, and note that you can still edit your entries if you posted about it in the thread~

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking for artwork...in the meantime, this is my entry:

Ryunoyami, Lord of Shadows 

DARK / Level 9 / Fiend-Type / ATK 3000 / DEF 3000

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. You can target 1 Fusion, Xyz, Synchro, Ritual, or Pendulum monster in your Deck or Extra Deck and banish it face-down; Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard). Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to the Special Summon of this card. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when this card in your possession is targeted by a card effect(s): You can negate the activation and effect(s) of that card and set it in its owner's Spell/Trap Card Zone. If a monster would be set in a Spell/Trap Zone by this effect: Change it to Defense Position instead, and make its ATK and DEF 0 (permanently). This card cannot attack your opponent directly

[URL=http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/TJDouglas13/media/Deaths%20Touch_zpsmxm7tkfx.jpg.html]Deaths%20Touch_zpsmxm7tkfx.jpg[/URL]

Lore:

You can only activate this card if both players have at least 1 Monster, Spell or Trap card in their hand. Both players reveal all cards in their hand. Then, both players select a card in their Opponent's hand and sends it to their graveyard. The owner of this card can then select one card in their own hand and set it in their Opponent's spell or Trap zone. If you do, banish 2 cards in your graveyard. The owner of this card cannot Special Summon until the End Phase.

Design Insight:

I decided to make a card which is more about screwing with your opponent. You could use such things as the Gift of Greed to gain 2 more cards. It was designed to give quite a few small advantages, and not be a massive hard-hitting card. The revealing of your hand, the sending of one of your opponent's cards to the graveyard, being able to put one of your spell/trap cards into your opponent's field (This could be useful with things like the Gift of Greed) and of course if any decks revolve around banishing, the last effect could be very useful.

White Megami Sorcerer
LIGHT / Spellcaster
Level 6
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can return 1 other face-up card you control to your hand, then target 1 face-up Attack Position monster on the field; change it to Defense Position, but you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn. If a face-up monster(s) you control is returned to your hand: You can reveal all cards in both player's hands, then choose 1 Monster Card in your opponent's hand whose Level is equal to the Level of a monster in your hand and discard it.
2300 // 1000

Theres no reason at all to why i created this card. I just thought about a good tribute monster with a generic effect. The no special summon clause was to avoid divine wind abuse.
Flavor-wise, shes a goddess who carries the mission to protect your allies from the opponents threats while weakening them for a while. The return to hand eff somewhat resembles how angels are meant to ascend to heaven, and the discard is a punishment for their sins.
[Im not good at describing]

I'm in...

[img]http://i.imgur.com/DvfizXX.jpg[/img]

Lore: [b]Reveal all cards in both player's hands[/b]. Both player will choose 1 monster card from his opponent's hand and [b]banish it face-down[/b]. At end phase, both player will special summon the banished card but the [b]effects cannot be activated[/b].

This is all that I an think of right now. I'll just edit it if I can think of something to spice this card up a little bit.

I'm joining this:

G8vzpiZ.jpg

2 Level 6 monsters
While this card has Xyz Material, neither player can Fusion, Xyz, Synchro, Ritual, or Pendulum Summon. During your opponent's End Phase: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. When this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle, or by card effect): Excavate the top 5 cards of your Deck, add 1 of them to your hand, also place the other cards on the bottom of your Deck in any order.

Design intent:

The Rank6 pool is kinda lacking of diversity, so I decided to make a lock for them that also floats with a cute Duality-ish effect. In addition, DARK/Spellcaster typing makes her an Astral Force target with Downerd Magician, so any deck that plays the latter can potentially make use of this card (BAs maybe?). Decided to take option h) instead of b) to be less restrictive, allowing the Summon of Synchros/Xyzs/ etc. through "regular" Special Summoning methods (Soul Charge, etc.)

After reading the requirements, my first thoughts were making some sort of Crimson Blader lite that temporarily stopped Fusion/Xyz/Ritual/etc. Summons, while using the excavating effect for floating. But when thinking in the ideal level for the Synchro, I couldn't stick with anything as Level 6 or lower would disable it from having any decent ATK value (a max of 2500 ATK), and the Synchro7 pool has enough toys already. Then I shifted to Xyzs, and I remembered a Xyz I made for another contest with a lock-while-it-has-materials + float effect, so I decided to go with a similar concept.

Spirit of the Dark Forest
DARK
Spellcaster/Spirit
1700/1200
Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned, Special Summoned, or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. If this card attacks a Fusion, Xyz, Synchro, Ritual, or Pendulum Summoned monster: You can banish it face-down, and if you do, banish this card. During your next Main Phase: You can Special Summon this banished card, and if you do, you cannot Normal Summon or Set that turn.

Took me a while to even think of something given the conditions. So, I tried going with an Anti-Meta card. Probably a bit slow given the nature of Anti-Meta, but it's what I have for the time being since I need to submit something...

Here's my entry.

[spoiler=Card]

1T2KnQD.jpg

You can only use each of these effects of "Duchess of Plants" once per turn.
* If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters: You can excavate the top card of your deck, send it to the Graveyard, then, Special Summon this card from your hand.
* You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 2 Level 8 Plant-Type monsters from your hand and/or Deck, but their effects cannot be activated this turn. You cannot Special Summon other monsters, the turn you activate this effect, except Plant-Type monsters.
[/spoiler]

Last-minute entry. I may edit the statline and adjust the damage amount just a little sometime later today my time, if that's okay. The remainder of the effect will be the same, but I like polish and consideration of small(er) details.

[spoiler=Submission:]

xYVnTq6.png

Revenger Instrument, A-831
Level 7 - EARTH - Machine/Synchro/Effect - 2300 ATK/2100 DEF
1 Tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
You cannot Special Summon any monsters. If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can banish 1 random card from your hand to target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy it, and if you do, banish it. Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this effect's activation. Each time this card destroys a card (by battle or by card effect), inflict 700 damage to your opponent.

I'd actually think that the passive would go somewhere in the middle the same way as Acid Golem's did but I like it in the front because it's an important passive to keep note of.

... Look what I'm saying is that I'm not going to edit the lore k

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Description:]

On a whim when I should have been performing mathematics calculations, I decided to click on the CC Monthly Series thread instead. And lo and behold! It's quite an interesting challenge that's been put in front of the members of YCM. I decided that I would attempt to design something simple to understand and play, in spite of the fact that the contest mandates three possibly-strange mechanics.

The first thing that immediately caught my attention was the "cannot Special Summon" clause. And I thought - why not make a card that locks yourself from Special Summons, much in the vein of Steel Golem from MtG? (It's only now that I remember Number 30 is a card.) Brute force was, however, not the way to go. The second piece of the puzzle was "if you do, banish", which goes great with removal; and thus my submission was locked into place and ready to be made.

Some quick specs: it's a generic 7 with slightly lackluster stats and a SS-lock for its controller. It carries an on-summon removal clause comes with the cost of randomly banishing a card from your hand, but is powerful in exchange, making it immune to summon Traps and effect negation. Its last effect allows it to apply pressure and randomly hit for respectable amounts of damage, which is a pretty good upside to help it stay relevant when being used as setup fodder.

Where could I see this being played? Well, it has a niche in its unable-to-respond-removal/summon-ness as well as the damage effect (which doesn't start a chain - the comma placement is intentional). It's pretty good to sit on when trying to apply some pressure as well as when making the final game-ending push, but is also setup fodder that must be gotten rid of if you want to actually make some follow-up plays. (The biggest benefit it has over Acid Golem is that you can actually get rid of it when you need to get rid of it - by, well, running it into your opponent's larger monster.) Overall it's versatile and I like the applications it has, and it's never a strict plus; instead it provides tempo and finishing power.

Flavor! "A-831" is "Abel" in disguise, hence "Revenger Instrument". It's a mad mechanism of murder and mayhem on its path to exact retribution against its killer (?). Well. Someone. Same stats and attribute as Gaia Knight but it's a Machine; its Type fits really well with the inspiration for what I wanted the art and effect to be. Even mechanized knights have ideas of chivalry! They care not for your tricksy Special Summons. (Or, possibly more reasonably, there's an aura of science that creates uh, dimensional barriers. I dunno.) [/spoiler]

i would like to enter, if not too late

[spoiler='Entry']

2iiNPO3.jpg

Familiar Tyranno

Lore:

Cannot be Special Summoned from the Deck. This card cannot attack non-Fusion, Xyz, Synchro, Ritual, or Pendulum Monster and cannot attack directly (this effect cannot be Negated). If this card attacks or is attacked, monster effects cannot be activated until the end of the Damage Step. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacks or is attacked: Change it to Defense Position[/spoiler]

At the time you made that post, you were 4 hours past the deadline (considering Nai's timezone is to the right of most of you guys).

Though Nai could've provided you with a time converter, so you could determine what time in your respective areas you had to turn things in.

(Hopefully Nai cuts you a break, but as he noted earlier; he's busy with things. I'd let you in, however.)

---

Also, a note for Giga (though I had messaged him about this yesterday, assuming Nai hadn't already done so at this point):

If you still plan on helping with judging (and you have permission for this), make sure you make your grading criteria clear in this thread.

(Again guys, I'm only stepping in while Nai deals with his work issues and other things. But at this point, safe to assume that no more entries will be accepted; assuming it's now Saturday afternoon for Nai at this time.)

Archived