Parasyte: the Maxim

Thar

Obligatory fanboyism.  Quickly worked its way into my heart to replacing my favorite anime.  It's got everything I'm looking for:

Action
Adventure
Fantasy
Science
Romance

and lots and lots of feels.

[spoiler=SPOILER ALERT]

That feel when Migi died ;.;.[/spoiler]

I might give it a go.  Seems... interesting. 

ALSO RANDOM TRIVIA

The Pokemon Parasect was gonna be called Parasyte but wasn't because of the existence of this series.  (At the time just the manga) 

Hope you like violent deaths and gore.  

I really like how this has a really creepy gore, almost horror-like theme, yet the plot progression is so classic, almost shounen-like. Really nailed down that old feel well, considering it is an adaption of a pretty old manga. After a few years pass and I don't remember this as well I'm gonna go and read the manga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HUwGFVeN04

OST is great too, just saying.

I really like how this has a really creepy gore, almost horror-like theme, yet the plot progression is so classic, almost shounen-like. Really nailed down that old feel well, considering it is an adaption of a pretty old manga. After a few years pass and I don't remember this as well I'm gonna go and read the manga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HUwGFVeN04

OST is great too, just saying.

All of the music for this anime is fucking amazing.  And I'm honestly not one for anime music too much.

Dammit now you have my interest.
Despite kinda not liking gore too much...urgh....

The gore is there, but really it's so well integrated that even when you're watching it you'll probably not even care in relevance to the plot.

on another note, I swear to somebody's god that the writers at madhouse hate murano. to those of you who haven't read the manga, and without spoilers for those still watching, murano has nowhere near as many lines in the original story, and almost all of the anime original lines feel to me as if they were placed there to give her a character that people could easily hate. IT does not ruin the show really, but it does make some moments less impactful(at least for me)

Yeah, this show's more than likely getting a 5/5 from me, depending on the ending. But I've heard it's been a very faithful adaption (aside from that tidbit about Murano above) and that the manga's good as well, so not worried.

It's just well-done in every area. I don't really get the OST complaints either, it sounds fine/good to me.

Definitely a top contender for Top Anime of 2014.

Indeed this is one of the best anime series ever. Love the romance, love the action, love that the parasytes evolved, got smarter, and acquired new abilities such as Tamura San being able to feel human emotions, and the strategic fighting moves she used to defeat the other 3 parasytes that plotted to end her. They weren't ready for her!

I apologize I was unaware we had to insert spoilers into spoilers which is pretty ironic lol. Well I'll be sure to do that from now on. I don't know why I thought everyone has seen the 22 episodes that are currently out; I can't wait for the last 2 to come up!

I apologize I was unaware we had to insert spoilers into spoilers which is pretty ironic lol. Well I'll be sure to do that from now on. I don't know why I thought everyone has seen the 22 episodes that are currently out; I can't wait for the last 2 to come up!

odds are they did, but at the very least, on the first page there are bound to be people reading it who are still trying to decide on whether or not to watch it. so spoilers is often appreciated.

I'll be sure to put spoilers from now on, and those who are thinking to watch it or not... you should most defiantly watch it!

Yes the manga was really really good to. I must say it had more detail to it than the anime so far, but nothing beats actually watching it, and seeing it come to life.

[spoiler=Parasyte the Maxim, Episode 23  READ AT YOUR OWN RISK]

Looks like its over boys.  Gotou got his ass handed to him (so to speak).  I think being stabbed in his only vulnerable weak point and being poisoned by trash was actually a logical and acceptable way for him to lose the final battle.  And by the looks of it, Shinichi and Migi decapitated him (and destroyed his organs?  Not sure.).]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Parasyte the Maxim, Episode 23  READ AT YOUR OWN RISK]

Looks like its over boys.  Gotou got his ass handed to him (so to speak).  I think being stabbed in his only vulnerable weak point and being poisoned by trash was actually a logical and acceptable way for him to lose the final battle.  And by the looks of it, Shinichi and Migi decapitated him (and destroyed his organs?  Not sure.).]

[/spoiler]

Please give me a link to this episode. I thought it wouldn't come out in weeks!?

Please give me a link to this episode. I thought it wouldn't come out in weeks!?

You can watch it in any anime site, like GoGoAnime.

And next week is the finale.

And boy am I hyped. And sad because such an awesome series is ending.

Archived