• Created
  • Last Reply

Sinister Serpent
Ring of Destruction
Temple of the Kings
Crush Card Virus
Exchange of the Spirit

CED is still banned. lawl.

They hit cards before the cards became overwhelmingly broken (in reference to rulers)

you're funny

Newly Forbidden:
Dragon Rulers [spoiler=This accurately sums up how I feel about this]495c3c2e8d97bcd4a25247ee87b9f33d91f08654[/spoiler]

Snatch Steal GOOD f***ing RIDDANCE

Newly Limited:
Sinister Serpent Sure
Tour Guide From the Underworld Nice hit for BA, now they won't just spam whatever BA they wanted and immediately get its effect.
Dragon Ravine Why didn't they just unlimit it if they banned the Dragon Rulers? Regardless, I might be able to try out a legit Dragunity deck.
Preparation of Rites Less search power for Nekroz is good.
Saqlifice Good, that degenerate deck deserved it.
Symbol of Heritage I... didn't even know this thing existed :/...
Temple of Kings Seems good to me, might mess around with it every now and then. All I need is a Serkhet now...
Crush Card Virus JOKES ON YOU, I'M PLAYING FIRE KINGS >:D! ONE LIZARD NUKE STRAIGHT FROM THE DECK COMING RIGHT UP!
Exchange of the Spirit I think this might be funny to use...
Ring of Destruction Nice
Skill Drain THANK GOD
Vanity's Emptiness THANK GOD AGAIN

Newly Semi Limited:
Qliphort Scout I would have liked it better if this got limited instead, and they can still get it back with Qlimate Change if it goes to the ED (if they use it at least).
Nekroz of Brionac Would have been better to limit this along with Unicore, but okay I guess.
Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En Spamurais Incoming
Charge of the Light Brigade Sure
Sacred Sword of Seven Stars Reasonable since Dragon Rulers got banned.

Newly Unlimited
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist -Spirit Expect to see more Fire Fists now.
Baby Rulers Useless without their adult forms :(.
Gladiator Beast Bestiari Cool, might experiment more with Gladiator Beasts now!
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness Coolio
Lonefire Blossom Expect to see Plants more.
Goyo Guardian Would you even run more than 2?
Hieratic Seal of Convocation ... f*** Hieratics.

TCG Banlist is okay, especially with them hitting Qliphorts. Still prefer the OCG Banlist over this one though.

I just thought of something that is either insane, stupid, pointless, or all three......

Lonefire + Inferno Reckless Summon + Three Level 8 Plants = Number 88. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/DimensionholeNumber 88 comes back next turn with no Materials, Rank-Up into C88 with one Material.

Four cards needed in hand in total.

EDIT- Nevermind. I just remembered the difference between Anime C88 and real life C88. It ended up just being stupid and pointless. Plus there are WAY easier and better ways to bring out Disaster Leo.

How was serpent even reworked tho...

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Errata:Sinister_Serpent

Old

During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can return it to your hand.

New

During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can add it to your hand, also banish 1 "Sinister Serpent" from your Graveyard during your opponent's next End Phase. You can only use this effect of "Sinister Serpent" once per turn.

Hard OPT and if you immediately put it back in the Grave, it'll get banished before you can cycle it again.

Newly Forbidden:

Dragon Rulers Bai. Hope I never see you again.
Snatch Steal I guess it didn't hurt to try. Oh well.

Newly Limited:
Tour Guide From the Underworld I guess...?
Dragon Ravine Not relevant anymore.
Preparation of Rites You have to hit Nekroz in SOME way, I guess.
Saqlifice Mandatory hit.
Symbol of Heritage This, too.
Temple of Kings, Crush Card Virus, Exchange of the Spirit, Ring of Destruction and Sinister Serpent Nerfs. So mandatorily brought back.
Skill Drain Can't stay at 3 no more with Qlips running rampant. I guess my Malefic Drain Deck is dead again.
Vanity's Emptiness This thing became a staple at 3 in every Deck for some reason. I never fully understood why, but it did.

Newly Semi Limited:
Qliphort Scout Only at 2? Considering they hit Drain and Emptiness, maybe 2 could be enough, but then again, putting Scout at 2 barely hurts Qlips.
Nekroz of Brionac Mandatory hit.
Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En Probably the ideal position for Shi En on the list.
Charge of the Light Brigade Yay for LS push!
Sacred Sword of Seven Stars Could have even be bumped to 3. With the Dragon Rulers gone, this card is A LOT less powerful.

Newly Unlimited
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist -Spirit I don't know what to say about this one. Can FF Decks still use Spirit nowadays?
Baby Rulers No need to keep them banned now that their daddies are gone.
Gladiator Beast Bestiari ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME, KONAMI!!!
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness Hurray for 3 Gorz Madness!!!
Lonefire Blossom Possibly Plant Synchro relevant again with this + Goyo at 3?
Goyo Guardian I'd love to see how this one plays out.
Hieratic Seal of Convocation Can't Konami just decide where this card belongs on the list? Or will it become the Chaos Sorcerer of Spell Cards?

Thoughts in bold.

Crush Card Virus and Ring of Destruction back in play?

Prepare for both players to lose then.

Ring of Destruction can't kill your opponent anymore so there's that.

CCV is actually a bit more fair and isn't a big Fuck You to your opponent anymore for 3 turns.

The new CCV is a sidedeck card and a fairly good one at that in decks such as BA. It's really good against Nekroz even if they are playing the DARKs build because it hits the majority of their things and can be chained to a ritual spell and make it fizzle and it'll be good against the remnants of Qliphort for obvious reasons. I definitely wouldn't dismiss it as bad, not in the slightest.

Archived