Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The maids get slightly more attention in the VN and in the HA sequel, so it's not really that surprising if some don't feel much for them.

Good ol' Shinji comedy. As always, Kamiyan's voice makes him great. Shinji is love. Shinji did nothing wrong.

I'm sad they skipped the Caster/Souichirou sex completely. I wanted to see it, damnit.

The maids get slightly more attention in the VN and in the HA sequel, so it's not really that surprising if some don't feel much for them.

They also appear in pretty much every episode of Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya, sooo... Well, chances are that a vast majority of people who've watched that will be heartbroken by what Gil did ;_;

it was important for Souichirou to screw Caster because she needed the mana from sex to contract him as her master, if I remember.

But more importantly, sex means taking clothes off. Including the hood. Hoodless Caster is fucking cute. Arguably the cutest.

and I really should get to Prisma Ilya.

New episode aired. Not bad this week.

[spoiler=operation procedures]no heart surgery this week. I'm sure a lot of people were sad by the lack of that but no. i dont even remember if that happened in the VN.

instead we get an eye surgery, and that did happen. this is where i praise miura for once, deciding to show shirou trying to interrupt it and tohsaka struggling just to keep him down and not blow their cover. that shit was intense and even now that particular image is still on my mind. made the scene pretty intense.

watched it raw so i can't comment much on the first half where most of it were original scenes AND talking heads. seeing all the discarded homunculus clones warn and contradict illya's ideals were pretty neat though but still, didn't understand most of the words that were being said. gonna need to do this again subbed.

overall, nice lil' illya episode.

wolves are dangerous. wolves are bad. wolves are scary.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Reactions]

Sooooo Shinji's entire purpose in this series is just to be a giant dick when he thinks he's wining, then run away and pee his pants when he finds out he's actually losing. Yeah that sounds about right. When can we expect Gilgamesh to fucking kill him?

Oh nice. Illya gets a little backstory aaaaand she's talking to her dead mother... If only she knew Kiritsugu tried to get her back then... and his only obstacle was a door and commitment... And... probably Kirei somewhere along the road. Oh look a pool full of homunculi.

Yeah Illya! Do it! You make that giant mongoloid beastman follow your commands by punching him! Because there's NO scenario where that can EVER go wrong! You keep doing that aaaaaaaand she's being eaten by wolves... Yeahhhhhhh probably feel bad about punching Berserker now... But it's okay because they're buddies now!

Oh... my... god... Gilgamesh actually killed Berserker? I mean I knew he COULD but I wasn't expecting him to. What a shocking twist... And Shiro and Rin just kinda had to watch this snuff film play out... Wow... Certainly nothing could top aaaaaaaaaand Illya's dead too..... Gilgamesh wins once again.

Oh Shiro are you gonna save them? Are you gonna save them now Shiro is that what you're going to do? Yeah good idea... 10 minutes ago!

It's okay Illya... everything's going to be okay, you just lost your eyes and... a LOT of blood, but it's okay. Just get to Berserker aaaaaaaand Berserker's still going........ Okay now he's dead... Fuck. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Thoughts]

So it was nice to get more backstory on Illya there. Twas also nice seeing some of the Fate/Zero clips come back again, even if they were some of the more... depressing ones. But yeah I actually felt bad for Illya watching that, which is weird for me because she was kinda just creepy loli girl in my mind before. 

On a side note, I know Rin said "we can only watch" and all, but I reeeeaaally think that had her and Shiro helped even a little then their chances of survival would have been way higher. Now they gotta fight Gilgamesh without a servant. Unless Caster busts in with her Servant Squad, but I sincerely doubt that will happen.[/spoiler]

On a side note, I know Rin said "we can only watch" and all, but I reeeeaaally think that had her and Shiro helped even a little then their chances of survival would have been way higher.

Impossible. It would take literally no effort for Gil to just GoB and toss away some nameless weapons he doesn't care about to kill everyone who's there. Even if he doesn't view Shirou and Rin as being worth killing at all, he would still off Illya since he needs her for something else.

Impossible. It would take literally no effort for Gil to just GoB and toss away some nameless weapons he doesn't care about to kill everyone who's there. Even if he doesn't view Shirou and Rin as being worth killing at all, he would still off Illya since he needs her for something else.

I meant in the grand scheme and I didn't say they'd win I just said they'd be more likely to live. Meaning had they had Betserker on their side while fight Gil they'd have a better chance then now where they need to fight him alone.

I meant in the grand scheme and I didn't say they'd win I just said they'd be more likely to live. Meaning had they had Betserker on their side while fight Gil they'd have a better chance then now where they need to fight him alone.

Wouldn't work. Berserker, as well as any normal servant, has no way to beat Gil. He is factually the strongest heroic spirit. Even without being bound to protect Illya, there was very little Berserker could do to close the distance between him and Gil. And when he does, there's still Gil's chain, Enkidu. The anime did a good job showing how one-sided the batlte was, but it was actually even more-so in the original. Heracles cannot defeat Gilgamesh.

Perhaps Gil will let Shirou and Rin go, but never Illya. And since Berserker won't stop until he's killed Gil, Berserker has no chance to survive either.

So that's the infamous Gilgamesh?

Holy fucking shit. That's all.

Oh, have you not seen Fate/Zero? Yeah, that's him. And he's not even in his full regalia.

But yeah, he's so strong. Like in Zero, I knew the result between him and Iskandar was inevitable, but it was so sad. At least Gilgamesh considered him worthy and would rematch him any time, as if the result would be any different.

But yeah, he's so strong. Like in Zero, I knew the result between him and Iskandar was inevitable, but it was so sad. At least Gilgamesh considered him worthy and would rematch him any time, as if the result would be any different.

I all fairness, had Iskandar been at full strength it may have actually been different. Probably not, but it could have been.

With Gil only using GoB, it could've been possible. Because IH has a s*** ton of Rider's followers all attacking Gil, GoB would have to deal with them. If Rider was also on  his carriage and charges at Gil at full power, with his army distracting Gil's GoB, maybe Rider could've possibly won.

But even then, if Gil just used his flying plane thing from /Zero, then even in IH, Rider cannot beat Gil. Up in the air, there's nothing to distract GoB.

Gil with Ea in serious mode though, is impossible. Ea's a world-class NP. Even reality marbles can't survive against that.

Yes, Gil is just that bullshit.

And since F/SN as a whole was meant to be experienced first, it's kinda natural that some wouldn't have seen /Zero before this.

@Rodrigo: Just in case you're thinking about it, I suggest you don't watch Zero until after UBW finishes airing~ Honestly, if I could, I'd say to not watch it until after the HF movies, but who knows when those'll come out~?

It's been said countless times, but even if F/Z aired first, F/SN is meant to be watched first~

Right now, the anime is in a pretty complex position, since there are people coming from all different points of views - those who've read the VN, those who've watched F/Z, who've watched the DEENime (probably F/Z too), and those who're completely new to the thing. It's been doing its job fairly well thus far, and hopefully it'll continue to do so up to the very end~

No. Not in the slightest. Considering the power of Gilgamesh and Berserker, there is not a single way either of the two could've improved the odds at all. Their inference would've only spelled out their own immediate deaths, and Gilgamesh might not even have noticed he killed a few random mages whilst fighting the mad warrior.

Maybe if Shirou had just one more week to fully master his projection, he could've had a chance at slightly improving those odds and providing Berserker some genuine support... but alas, even then, it would've mattered very little.

Rather than those two, perhaps Illya could've been saved if Lancer chose that moment to burst in and give Gilgamesh some extra pressure at the cost of risking his own life, giving Berserker the chance to smash him. But even if he was there, there's no reason for him to do such a thing, so that's that.

I all fairness, had Iskandar been at full strength it may have actually been different. Probably not, but it could have been.

Iskander had 0% chance of winning.

Maybe. It would've been interesting if Gilgamesh didn't just win everything with Ea, since it was said Ionian Hetairoi is the same rank as Gate of Babylon.

Except he only wins one thing with EA.

People need to accept the fact that F/SN works via Rock/Paper/Scissors and that most servants are rock and Gil is paper. Gils treasurey has a counter for almost anything. Even if he didn't use EA, he would probably have something akin to an anti-army NP to take out Riders army.

Iskander had 0% chance of winning.
People need to accept the fact that F/SN works via Rock/Paper/Scissors and that most servants are rock and Gil is paper. Gils treasurey has a counter for almost anything. Even if he didn't use EA, he would probably have something akin to an anti-army NP to take out Riders army.

He didn't have anything to stop Saber or later Shiro. So that's apparently not true in the slightest.

Comparing something like the Holy Grail war to rock paper scissors is pretty stupid too. Methinks you're just a Gil fanboy, but that's fine. A lot of us are.

Oh and Gil wins with EA way more than once. He might only use it once in Zero but he whips it out way more often than he should be allowed to in the rest of the series. It's basically his dick in that regard.

And Shradow already said it but IH is on the same level as Gate of Babylon. So he didn't have 0 chance of winning as you say.

He didn't have anything to stop Saber or later Shiro. So that's apparently not true in the slightest.

Comparing something like the Holy Grail war to rock paper scissors is pretty stupid too. Methinks you're just a Gil fanboy, but that's fine. A lot of us are.

Oh and Gil wins with EA way more than once. He might only use it once in Zero but he whips it out way more often than he should be allowed to in the rest of the series. It's basically his dick in that regard.

And Shradow already said it but IH is on the same level as Gate of Babylon. So he didn't have 0 chance of winning as you say.

Saber with Avalon is impossible to hit. And Gil never took Shiro seriously, until it was too late, which is why he didn't spam EA as soon as XXW is released or wear his armour. Gil kills no servants in the 5th war using EA. I think you're underestimating Gil. GoB and Gil are designed to counter every servant. He only loses because he is  being too proud to not use his full power and because he isn't a wielder of any weapon in particular.

IH and GoB may both be EX NP's, but because GoB more than likely contains multiple Anti-Army rank NP's, Gil wins. He isn't known as the Servant Killer for nothing.

EDIT:

If anything, I'm a Cû fanboy. R u n e s etc etc, but I forgot to talk about the R/P/S effect. The HGW can be chalked down to basic R/P/S though, and it makes perfect sence.  [spoiler=*How do I even spoiler*] We can treat the majority of the servants we see in Fate as Rock, Gil is paper since he is a counter to almost every servant, and people like Shirou are treated as scissors because he beats Gil. [/spoiler]

Normally Saber wouldn't win Gil at all. Saber with Excalibur won't win against Gil with a prepared Enuma Elish. Saber with Avalon and a prepared Excalibur won't win against Gil without his arrogance and a fully prepared Enuma Elish(although Avalon Saber will survive against EE, apparently). Excalibur is an anti-fortress class NP while Ea is anti-world. it's just not going to happen. The guy above covered GoB vs. IH, but again, Ea destroys reality marbles. I really don't like Gil and it's annoying to admit but he truly is the strongest heroic spirit.

[spoiler=and with shirou...]Shirou defeated Gil, and that was pretty situational too. Had Gil not be an arrogant, overconfident prick and went all-out before Shirou could close the distance, then Shirou would've easily lost. Shirou's UBW counters Gate of Babylon by having a slightly faster weapon output rate as well as being able to create perfect replicas that can stand up to their originals, but Ea is a counter to reality marbles(That includes UBW and /Z Rider's IH). It's a miracle Shirou was able to win. One I'm glad happened, but still a miracle nevertheless.[/spoiler]

The beauty of Fate overall is that it's not just a pure powerlevel thing. It's really a lot like situational RPS. The whole Shirou/Gilgamesh schtick is one example, but also consider that Shirou is weak and would not stand a chance against any other servant, even with UBW out. Or that magically-reinforced Kuzuki would almost always win in a close-combat match on the first encounter only, because his martial arts' entire gimmick relies on surprise. A rematch against Saber would prove Saber to be the overwhelming victor. or that Shiki can kill servants when he's just a normal human being.

I'm a Cû fanboy.

best taste. cu > deermud

Archived